Quantum Era 11 - Old Skool Rulz

Records of the Eras that came before
floophead_III
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: Quantum Era 11 - Old Skool Rulz

you know what'd be cool? anticovert. Without it, the game is imbalanced. AC was the BEST update ever, no lies. There has to be a way to kill spies or it leads to imbalances that quite frankly are the reason chaos is not a better game.
Never underestimate the stupidity of your enemies.

Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

try it again...i took the ratio limit WAYYY down :)

High Empty wrote:The forces of High Empty rush in full force, and inflict 11,931 damage on EnterTheLion's forces!
It was confirmed that 997 of EnterTheLion's forces fell at the hands of High Empty's assult.

The forces of EnterTheLion fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict devastating damage on High Empty's forces! So much damage, in fact, that while running away High Empty could not accurately judge the extent of the beating...
They managed to eradicate 0 of High Empty's troops.

my damages 100 naq!
his 55000000
great ratio for me.
Don't make me use this!!!
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

I admire the idea forum, I really do, I am generally very supportive of the new changes you make as they improve the game.

This seems like a big step backwards, and if you're trying to prove that point then that's ok, but I really feel in its current state that this wave will kill Quantum.

No way to purchase AT's leads to a very limited game, there's not much to do for active players. Farming won't be a part of the wave.

This coupled with very few things to actually do with your naq. No bank makes advanced covert levels hard and impractical. No mothership or technology, no anti-covert for those vengeful massings. Just basic attack units and spies.

Perhaps you plan to change some of these things and if that's the case then I appologise. In either case I'll give it a fair go but my preliminary thoughts are that you've undone years of good, solid updates on a fantastic game. The game should be advancing, not going backwards.
Indu and proud of it!!
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

It looks cool, the one thing that bothers me as Smooshable stated is the lack of the ability to get turns. I think that allowing trades between players builds a better community and draws alliances closer together.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

no alliances :)
and what we found previuosly with 'give turns' is quantum turned into a 'multi account' of main (ie just had the account to sell turns for main goods...).
i dont like quantum being just a feeder for main...

as far as 'step back' yes - its retro. in all honesty, unlike previous quantum eras, i separated this code and once era is done, it goes on the shelf...the other eras all have the code for the features still in the game, just not 'turned on'....

as for turns - 6/turn i think is what it is set to now...even more??? i dont mind making it fast, as long as it makes sense...

2month cycle this time? a lot of ppl ahve asked for a simple 'like the old days' round...that is the point here...

Come_Forth wrote:It looks cool, the one thing that bothers me as Smooshable stated is the lack of the ability to get turns. I think that allowing trades between players builds a better community and draws alliances closer together.
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

The turns are not changing on the test server so I had no idea how fast they would be. There will always be alliances :D I think this is a good idea, because my early days were playing sgw like it is in q. When you sab someone what is the % of weapons destroyed? I found someone who had 100 big weapons and sabbed him and only got 1 weapon which would be 1 %.
Last edited by Come_Forth on Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
smooshable
Forum Expert

Honours and Awards

Forum wrote:2month cycle this time? a lot of ppl ahve asked for a simple 'like the old days' round...that is the point here...

ok, well as I said, I'll give it a try, I have been pleasantly surprised many times. Can I suggest though we at least get some of the cosmetic things we've become acustomed to? A way to mark accounts for farming (such as the declare war feature, even if it doesn't do extra damage).

and

Alliances.
Indu and proud of it!!
Borek
Forum Addict

Maybe add an "Aquire turns" option to the SS options, i would like to see some way to get turns on top of 6 per turn, you can't go to war on 6 per turn, that's for sure, although with no spy killing available then the cost to mass will be less in turns anyway...
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
floophead_III
Forum Expert

I don't like the no alliances thing. It'll split up already well-formed groups of players. Friends like to be able to work together. Why would we remove teamwork from the game? Also, alliances really don't DO anything, so having them in can't hurt, can it?

High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

LOL guys it's going to be fun right, no massive allaince it's all a one on one thing.

Btw if you mass me, i'll destory ever account i can get my hands on of yours.

As for turns, what's the cap going to be set at, cause if i remember right there wasn't a cap. As for the rest who knows, well i guess i know one thing, this is going to be a weird wave where anyone could win cause, lets face it, Who's going to be playing.

Just to let you know, i play Q so that i can find new ways new ideas new fun!, What your doing is trying to bring back Civ 1 after their been a Civ 4. Sure the idea looks interesting, till you play, and figure out, well hot damn there really were some good updates, good features.

Now if you want, what you could do is do the Old school meets new, and every week at the turn reset, a new feature is added in. From bringing, in a limited 3 turn market, to bringing in AC units, to brining in techs, to so call turn on the features that you simple have turned off. Plus one or 2 twists!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
floophead_III
Forum Expert

agreed. That will make it much much much more exciting and keep the people on top from being too comfortable.

Taxxy
Forum Irregular

i cant log into the test server :S

so i have no comment yet...
It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ok - i wanted to do an old school... maybe its me being nastalgic or whatever, but its done now :)

i did set the round to 2months, though, as i believe that this will be more primitive for sure and people will (eventually) miss the updates over the last couple years...

but i figure at 2months, its a quick romp in the old sandbox (or a new sandbox made to look similar to the old one...)

12hours until people can start kicking sand in each others' faces :)
Xaos
Forum Grunt

Hmm... no alliances... interesting... though I really don't see the harm in them as they don't do anything but provide a tag. The 'peace' treaties between players will still be there anyway.
bsm
Fledgling Forumer

the merc price seemed quite expensive, not sure if that's how it use to be, but yeah :)

and were miners at one time untrainable?

Return to “Quantum Archives”