Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Game Rep: Juliette

Archimonde wrote:This reminds me of The Matrix. Architect (Jason) is trying to fix the code cause he wants the Matrix (NG) to be perfect. He get's help from the Oracle (Juliette) who observes human psychic. Most will accept the rules of the Matrix but some will never, no matter how close to perfection Matrix is. :)
I like this analogy. :-D It is quite accurate.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Borek wrote:
Andy! wrote:Whats the point of having you in this I want to say position but it sounds dirty for some reason

Because Jason does not play this game and does not frequent the forums very often, so he needs people who understand the mechanics of the game from a player perspective to translate bugs and gameplay issues in a way to mean he can fix the code.

No Jason wants to create more games to earn money off of, without having to actually pay people for there work. What better place to find these people than the players themselves.

Could've at least held an election or something so we could get someone the most of us like...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

As many of you noticed, I am back from holiday.

Various long-term updates were implemented earlier this week, discussion on those is taking place in the conveniently named "New Update"-thread and the "MS"-thread (where all discussion regarding Mothership mechanics/balancing/pricing is taking place).
Slim87R
Forum Expert

These guys have valid points. I do see it as pay to win. I was told that it was simply using money as opposed to time, but the reality is that it is money AND time. The amount of resources you get paying 50 bucks can easily take a month to aquire timewise. You get those resources instantly than grow at a much quicker rate making your month of time yield alot more than a non-paying members month of time(Greater starting base). And if you really can transfer everything then get it back, then if you have a pack of a few ppl with staggered ascensions, you really do not lose anything ascending like your average joes. I see that transfer is limited per day, but that just makes it so it might take a week to get your stuff back which is no biggie when you get up to the higher ascension levels since it will take longer than a week to achieve the next level. If these guys pay at every level then their groth will far exceed a non-paying members growth for said reasons. I guess I see one of the reasons there are so few players.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Yay double post:

I have a suggestion. Instead of a multi-account for people who already have a main, why not give a bonus ascension level or some resource bonus for those who ascend to their main account? If they don't have a main, then have them ascend into a new main account. This would get rid of multi accounts all together.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:Yay double post:

I have a suggestion. Instead of a multi-account for people who already have a main, why not give a bonus ascension level or some resource bonus for those who ascend to their main account? If they don't have a main, then have them ascend into a new main account. This would get rid of multi accounts all together.
We have had this discussion in the proper thread. viewtopic.php?f=288&t=193209

**Filtered** wrote:These guys have valid points. I do see it as pay to win. I was told that it was simply using money as opposed to time, but the reality is that it is money AND time. The amount of resources you get paying 50 bucks can easily take a month to aquire timewise. You get those resources instantly than grow at a much quicker rate making your month of time yield alot more than a non-paying members month of time(Greater starting base).
Not much quicker. Yes, the 13/14k UU is a massive boost; but given the increasing average armysizes, it really is not that much. Besides, by the time people start hitting Ascension Level 20 we expect them to build up to a few *million* troops. :)
**Filtered** wrote:And if you really can transfer everything then get it back, then if you have a pack of a few ppl with staggered ascensions, you really do not lose anything ascending like your average joes. I see that transfer is limited per day, but that just makes it so it might take a week to get your stuff back which is no biggie when you get up to the higher ascension levels since it will take longer than a week to achieve the next level.
Your thought pattern is flawed. If one of our Supporters were to try and transfer 'everything', they would have no growth for the duration of their ascension, thus have no Higgs-generation, thus have no ascension. This is why transfer is limited to your UP per day. Besides.. it takes even longer to get it all back, *if* you were to pull it off. Which you technically cannot do, and since no one has done it so far, statistics are against your argument. Your main argument is that spending $ reduces the amount of time it takes to ascend; then you present a reason why ascending as Supporter would take a LOT more time (trying to transfer all doubles the ascension time, and adds a massive delay on the other end of the ascension)..
They are good points in and of themselves, but together they stand to support the idea that spending $ does not speed up your ascension plan insanely.
**Filtered** wrote:If these guys pay at every level then their groth will far exceed a non-paying members growth for said reasons. I guess I see one of the reasons there are so few players.
It is the difference between buying a nice Mercedes and building one yourself. :)

In the end, buying an Ultimate Supporter Status pack for each ascension level cuts about a month or two off the 12 month ascension scheme until level 20. Don't forget, level 20 costs a fat billion Higgs.

The benefit is not so great as to make it impossible for a highly active player to catch up to Supporters. But yes.. the benefit is a bit greater if you have a highly active player who invests in Supporter Status. :)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

yeah, the difference is between building and buying a Mercedes, maybe if you were in an area where people loved stealing Mercedes parts. I don't think you grasp the math of how big of a difference it can actually make. When clans start taking over they will trounce the new guys before they can get up to a decent level. You are right about it not making a giant difference once you get up to a really high ascension level, but if you can skip up to the higher ones then you can easily stop others from getting there, or severely slow the process for them. If you regularly put money into the site, you can chop way more than 2 months off of that number. Actually, I don't really know why I am arguing this point, because I don't really care either way. I don't make enough naq to be a target, I grow my account slowly so I don't expect to keep up anyways.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

And look at you now, mister rank 2. ;)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:And look at you now, mister rank 2. ;)

But rank means nothing right now. I am only ranking up right now because I decided to stop ascending. I am doing the same thing joker is. I will save up to approximately 1 quadrillion naq and power ascend to level 20 in about 2-3 months. I will probably need some maths help to figure out exactly what I need to allocate to ascend exactly 2 days at each level.
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

**Filtered** wrote:
Juliette wrote:And look at you now, mister rank 2. ;)

But rank means nothing right now. I am only ranking up right now because I decided to stop ascending. I am doing the same thing joker is. I will save up to approximately 1 quadrillion naq and power ascend to level 20 in about 2-3 months. I will probably need some maths help to figure out exactly what I need to allocate to ascend exactly 2 days at each level.

God now there's no originality in my first idea guess im gonna go for 1 quintillion now muhahaha.

Return to “New Grounds General”