Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Game Rep: Juliette

Adapt wrote:I have a question. Why is newgrounds based more around spending money to get bonus's than main?
Leading question. While betatesters might feel that way (since beta was different on a few counts), it is not the case, and I will show you why. :)

Your core argument is that because players could, in your perception, send away ALL of their UU to a fellow player, alliances will rule the game? You are mistaken if you think that is a viable tactic. ;)
Supporter Functions
Both yourself, and your intended target, must have stargates, if you wish to use your supporter give functions.
Note: There is a limit to how many turns, currency, and units, a person can receive (per day)- limited to:
their own natural unit production each day for units
1 days worth of turns
100x their max currency carrying capacity (MS) at the start of the day.

Second, your argument that the SS bonus is 'game changing'. Did you ascend yet? I have coloured in red the things you will lose upon ascension (see spoiler). Still think donators get 'too much'? [spoiler]
Supporter Bonuses ($20)

* Instant 160 Attack Turns
* Instant 1,452 Untrained Soldiers
* Instant 33 to Untrained Military Daily Production
* Instant 4,641,717 Naquadah
* Instant 20% increase in your offsite storage capacity (the 'bank')Note: when ascending and 'bank' resets, you get 1.5% per donated dollar extra capacity over 'normal', every time.
* One additional Race Change 'Count'.
* Includes Protection bonus.
* Ability to transfer some ingame resources to other players IF YOU BOTH HAVE STARGATES. Note that accounts have limits on how much they can RECEIVE, daily...
* You will be marked as {Supporter Status} (visible to you only) and this marking, and the ongoing benefits (ability to transfer resources) will never go away
[/spoiler]

I hope this helps alleviate your worries, Adapt. ;) Things are a lot less bleak than you make them appear.

@Empy: Not quite. :P Nice cynicism though.
Adapt
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Your point has been acknowledged.

There are always ways around the rules, users may have a limit to receiving but the sender doesn't.
Therefore you just send units to a few 'friends', meaning you can get rid of them quicker and ascend, although it'll take longer
to get them back, it's still possible. Doing the same with the rest of you're resources.

The systems only as fair as one perceives it. I'd like to see a regularly paying user get banned for cheating. I highly doubt that would happen...

All it takes is a few people with strategy to rule a server, best way 'feeding' if you do it right you can boost all players so far no other user will catch them.

Main is run by clans, it'll only be so long until newgrounds follows suite, infact it's already started.

If no ones using my strategy, way are so many users in the first ascension, going all into unit production?
It would be counterproductive if they put this much effort into getting UP over 2000, just to ascend and lose it all.
They know exactly what they're doing and so do I, it took me seconds to realise the strategy to be the best by looking at these 'upgrades'.

I had the same idea... How about we stop beating around the bush.

Everyone should have the full ability to send resources, the fact that on main you can ascend to get it for free, but here you have to pay is [masking]. Which gives paying users a massive advantage, now why is it like that here?

Simple 'money' that one thing alone is the only reason anyone would pay, without it what would be the point, little naq useless turns etc.

Jason is you're friend, it's you're right to defend him; but without the users that play for 'free', paying users will cease to exist.
Newgrounds should of been a separate server, main is dead with or without newgrounds, for basic reasons ie bullying/intimidation/ list goes on and on and clans massing you down for attacking anyone in they're clan, well they all mass you quite entertaining really! stealing your planets, farming you constantly! Then you quit and they moan about there not being enough players! Ironic really.
Last edited by Coulson on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I've issued a warning and removed masking.
Adapt
Forum Newbie

Empy wrote:
Adapt wrote:I have a question. Why is newgrounds based more around spending money to get bonus's than main?

Clans will rule new grounds for this reason, supporter status isn't available for none paying users.
Paying users can essentially cheat, rack up unit production on 1st ascension, wait as long as they wish transfer the units to a friend ascend, get they're units back.

Infact that's already happening....

$20 gets you limited resource sending ability
$50 gets you full resource sending ability

So unless users pay they will never be near the first few pages in rank, pushed around by 'powerful clans' then they quit and newgrounds dies like main.

Paying users can cheat the system without being banned, if none paying user want to keep up they have to cheat.
The way I see it, anyone that doesn't pay shouldn't play or atleast separate the leader boards from paying users and none paying users, with a different ranking system.

To make the game fair anyone that pays can only attack raid etc other people that pay, that's fair.
I'll probably go inactive if I find paying users, attacking me when I can't do anything to prevent it.
I can field this one...

It's because at this point in this game's life, Admin Jason is attempting to suck every cent he can out of it with no care about how it affects the actual quality of the game.

I agree with you on that one! :-k I enjoy playing the game, I don't enjoy the higher arki game style, way to similar to real life! Lol
Imperius
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
ID: 96625
Alternate name(s): Apostle

Hey Juliette,

Universal Ranks seem to be down.

0 players visible.
"Enemies are good. Its means you have stood up for something you believed in..."

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Everyone fights, no one quits.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Imperius wrote:Hey Juliette,

Universal Ranks seem to be down.

0 players visible.
Aware of it, thanks. Waiting for AJ. :) viewtopic.php?f=290&t=193235
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Empty Universal Ranks bug resolved. :-D
Apologies for the delay, Dalek and I were working on it, resolved now. ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Message regarding Admin / Juliette holiday:

Admin will be 'back' by August 3rd; I will be back August 20th. There is a week's overlap between our absences, in which you might get less replies than usual. :)
This post serves as an fyi. ;)
Archimonde
Forum Newbie

I would propose a change in Technology Improvement Center. I think terminology for spys and antispys are mixed up. Spys are the one that "Decloak" the one that you spy on and antispys are the one that keeps you hidden ("Cloakers"). ;)
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

Archimonde wrote:I would propose a change in Technology Improvement Center. I think terminology for spys and antispys are mixed up. Spys are the one that "Decloak" the one that you spy on and antispys are the one that keeps you hidden ("Cloakers"). ;)

yea this is the idee in the game....to be like this

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

So cloakers and decloakers have the wrong names? :-k
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

™LoT wrote:
Archimonde wrote:I would propose a change in Technology Improvement Center. I think terminology for spys and antispys are mixed up. Spys are the one that "Decloak" the one that you spy on and antispys are the one that keeps you hidden ("Cloakers"). ;)

yea this is the idee in the game....to be like this

+1
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Whats the point of having you in this I want to say position but it sounds dirty for some reason
Borek
Forum Addict

Andy! wrote:Whats the point of having you in this I want to say position but it sounds dirty for some reason

Because Jason does not play this game and does not frequent the forums very often, so he needs people who understand the mechanics of the game from a player perspective to translate bugs and gameplay issues in a way to mean he can fix the code.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Archimonde
Forum Newbie

This reminds me of The Matrix. Architect (Jason) is trying to fix the code cause he wants the Matrix (NG) to be perfect. He get's help from the Oracle (Juliette) who observes human psychic. Most will accept the rules of the Matrix but some will never, no matter how close to perfection Matrix is. :)
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Borek wrote:
Andy! wrote:Whats the point of having you in this I want to say position but it sounds dirty for some reason

Because Jason does not play this game and does not frequent the forums very often, so he needs people who understand the mechanics of the game from a player perspective to translate bugs and gameplay issues in a way to mean he can fix the code.

Did main need a game rep?

Return to “New Grounds General”