Regarding Ascension to Main

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Regarding Ascension to Main

Sol wrote:
RPM! wrote:1)I'v started a NG account and reached level 6. can I start a main acount and play with it ?
2) Which is better and stronger NG account or Main account? because if main is better I'll delete the NG and start main.
1. I think you get a main account when you reach level 11 or 12 or something XD
2. Main account is where the game is at, NG is more of a foothold/tutorial area sort of deal. If you end up getting an ascended account (which I support of course :P, more fun there), which is where you ascend your main account, then you should build it AT LEAST to become undescendable.

There's basically 3 games, NG - Main - Ascended, ascend in one to reach the next one, NG is more of a tutorial place. For a long time it used to be just Main-Ascended.
1) You have the option of ascending to Main at NG level 20, which puts your NG account into Vacation mode for a minimum of 1 week. When you get off vacation your NG account will then be level 25. The Main account you receive will be ascended 20x I believe. Remember, you don't automatically get this at NG level 20. You must hit ascend again after reaching 20 which costs no Higgs to do.

2)If you elect to start at Main straight out, you will have a 0x ascended account and you must work your way up. Ascending 20x will take longer than 6 months, so this will be the slower option.

Side Notes: If you play through NG and Main, then you will eventually have 2 Main accounts. This is the only legal way to have a multi. The slower method isn't necessarily the worst method. Starting from scratch will let you build the account exactly how you want from the ground up and gives you more ascentions to gain massive AP injections into your ascended account (if you are very active). In the end it is up to you how you want to proceed.
RPM!
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Slim87R wrote:
Sol wrote:
RPM! wrote:1)I'v started a NG account and reached level 6. can I start a main acount and play with it ?
2) Which is better and stronger NG account or Main account? because if main is better I'll delete the NG and start main.
1. I think you get a main account when you reach level 11 or 12 or something XD
2. Main account is where the game is at, NG is more of a foothold/tutorial area sort of deal. If you end up getting an ascended account (which I support of course :P, more fun there), which is where you ascend your main account, then you should build it AT LEAST to become undescendable.

There's basically 3 games, NG - Main - Ascended, ascend in one to reach the next one, NG is more of a tutorial place. For a long time it used to be just Main-Ascended.
1) You have the option of ascending to Main at NG level 20, which puts your NG account into Vacation mode for a minimum of 1 week. When you get off vacation your NG account will then be level 25. The Main account you receive will be ascended 20x I believe. Remember, you don't automatically get this at NG level 20. You must hit ascend again after reaching 20 which costs no Higgs to do.

2)If you elect to start at Main straight out, you will have a 0x ascended account and you must work your way up. Ascending 20x will take longer than 6 months, so this will be the slower option.

Side Notes: If you play through NG and Main, then you will eventually have 2 Main accounts. This is the only legal way to have a multi. The slower method isn't necessarily the worst method. Starting from scratch will let you build the account exactly how you want from the ground up and gives you more ascentions to gain massive AP injections into your ascended account (if you are very active). In the end it is up to you how you want to proceed.
Thanks . I used to have a main account and I ascended to unknown so I know how powerful it is but I no longer have this account so I have to start from scratch . Any way so NG is a faster yet weaker than main .
Slim87R
Forum Expert

I wouldn't say NG is a weaker method, just quicker. A few months ago I would agree, but with the removal of AP caps there isn't as much of a benefit starting from scratch as before (This renders my last posts argument about massive AP infusions invalid). You can start @20x ascended from your NG main and just wait to ascend until you have a ridiculous amount of AP. The only benefit to starting a regular Main account is to obtain a legal multi. I would actually recommend starting a Main account at the same time that you start A NG account if you want to play NG.
THcRONICevil
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Elvis, Eyes of a devil

Can you have a

Main + Main Multi

Instead of,

Main + NG Multi
IFLuX
Forum Elite

THcRONICevil wrote:Can you have a

Main + Main Multi

Instead of,

Main + NG Multi
:smt021 [-X [-X [-X
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

THcRONICevil wrote:Can you have a

Main + Main Multi

Instead of,

Main + NG Multi
No, and doing so would lose you both accounts.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

So I just started an NG account a couple of hours ago and have already hit level 5. I'm guessing the time frame is going to become longer and longer - can anyone give an overall time frame to get to 20 if well executed?
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

General Riviera wrote:So I just started an NG account a couple of hours ago and have already hit level 5. I'm guessing the time frame is going to become longer and longer - can anyone give an overall time frame to get to 20 if well executed?
I think it's still only around a month or so. It was 6-8 months for us in the beginning.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

There are ways to make it very fast. Think efficiency when you ascend. There is a guide somewhere around here.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

I've managed 8 in two days which I guess isn't too bad. Could have had more though - I didn't realise you could ascend and not lose naq on hand. Serves me right for not reading but I wasted tonnes of money improving bank space for the first 3 ascensions. I reckon with 3 fresh market turns, acquiring about 36T naq will get me to at least 15.
Jander
Forum Grunt
ID: 1907773

As I'm reading here, I have a question.
If I would have a NewGrounds account and I reach level 20(?) then I get an NG-Main account. ( That is correct, right? )
What happens then? If I ascend again (to higher levels) on NG will I be "forced" to get and use an Ascended account (something like a NG-Main-Ascended thing) ?
Like on Main's first ascension?
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

If u ascend ur conquerer it goes to the stage before “unknown”

And yes u will be forced to play ascended
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Jander wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:30 pm As I'm reading here, I have a question.
If I would have a NewGrounds account and I reach level 20(?) then I get an NG-Main account. ( That is correct, right? )
What happens then? If I ascend again (to higher levels) on NG will I be "forced" to get and use an Ascended account (something like a NG-Main-Ascended thing) ?
Like on Main's first ascension?
If you further ascend your account on the Newgrounds server (maximum level is 25 I believe), nothing further will happen as far as your *NGmain account is concerned.

As Harch says above though, should you choose to ascend that account in the main server, you will of course end up with an associated Ascended account too.

Return to “New Grounds General”