Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Regarding Ascension to Main

As Newgrounds is a 'training school' for Main, the penultimate intention of this server is to provide people with an account in Main. The ultimate intention is to have a heckload of fun, of course. :D After the final ascension, you are rewarded with a brand spanking new Main account, a period 'off' of Newgrounds (to get into Main); and a level 25 Newgrounds account.

Forum and I have been talking about the obvious consequences of this; specifically what happens when a player who already plays Main ascends to Main. I will answer these questions.

So here it is, the definitive answer to the question of Main players ascending to Main.
The 'legitimate multi' is allowed. Everyone can see which accounts are NG accounts (they are marked in display name publically). Each IP/user will be allowed one NG account in addition to their Main account, legally. Any 'second or more' NG accounts on the same IP is banned, regardless of family size.
It is encouraged to use same username, but this is not mandatory.
Last edited by Coulson on Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Stickied.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re: Regarding Ascension to Main

Juliette wrote:As Newgrounds is a 'training school' for Main, the penultimate intention of this server is to provide people with an account in Main. The ultimate intention is to have a heckload of fun, of course. :D After the final ascension, you are rewarded with a brand spanking new Main account, a period 'off' of Newgrounds (to get into Main); and a level 25 Newgrounds account.

Forum and I have been talking about the obvious consequences of this; specifically what happens when a player who already plays Main ascends to Main. I will answer these questions.

So here it is, the definitive answer to the question of Main players ascending to Main.
The 'legitimate multi' is allowed. Everyone can see which accounts are NG accounts (they are marked in display name publically). Each IP/user will be allowed one NG account in addition to their Main account, legally. Any 'second or more' NG accounts on the same IP is banned, regardless of family size.
It is encouraged to use same username, but this is not mandatory.

Awesome, so complete Newgrounds and then I can have a multi :-D

Here we go :D
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
proph
Fledgling Forumer

Questions

So the purpose of this new server is to introduce people into the game such that they have a chance to engage in 'higher level' competition.

In order to do this, admin has introduced a server which, once ascended however-many-times, allows a person to get into main with a higher level of stats etc.

So now all the regular players in main will go off and join this new server, because it allows them to get a multi for nothing 'legally'.

My questions follow:

How is the new player going to be able to compete against the regular players who now have; twice the income, twice the turns, twice the attacking power, and not to mention the anonymity of two accounts?

Am I as a regular player now required to play 3 accounts, on three servers in order to maintain some level of competitiveness?

Does the admin have plans to give the regular players, who do not create a multi - the benefits which will be given to the multi players. i.e. The millions of uu which they will gain to their account upon creation, and the 50T starting naq?

Does the admin have a prediction of how many 'new' players will be introduced to this server by this method? If so, does the admin have plans to close this server if infact the only players on it are regular players who already have a main account?

Has the admin given an indication of how this will affect the price of purchase of naq\at\ss through the site itself?

Guess the 'number of active players' graph will feel alot better for the admin, after every regular has a multi.
Last edited by Coulson on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged: Questions thread into Regarding Ascension to Main
Imperius
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
ID: 96625
Alternate name(s): Apostle

Re: Questions

All good points there mate.

Can't answer what admin J plans to offer, but it will be interesting when the first legal multi accounts begin to filter through!
"Enemies are good. Its means you have stood up for something you believed in..."

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Everyone fights, no one quits.
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

You'll find ascending to level 20's a lot more time consuming than you'll think.
Aim's for the acsension track to cost a year or 2/3. If you're active of course.

I'd like to know if there's any restrictions to the multi account.
Borek
Forum Addict

well to be fair having 2 accounts is not exactly the same as having 1 that is twice as powerful. I mean one can only farm and raid so much, having a 2nd account means if that one is built up then time and/or money is taken away from the main account. Now yes technically you generate 2x the turns assuming you are below the 5k cut off for making new ones, yes you get 3 lots of Market turns a week extra, but you only get 2x the income if the 2nd account is built up to the same income level...

Also remember that compared to income farming and/or raiding are FAR FAR more effective, regarding AT's then generating 2x the amount of generics is not a big deal, and the personal ones from MT's must be spent on the account who makes them.

In conclusion i really do not see it making THAT much of a difference to the "power" of the top players, however what it does do is give them 2 accounts to potentially fight with. I know right now some of the real monster accounts are pretty much limited to fighting the few who can match them, everyone else is just so much weaker it's somewhat pointless for much other than a ninja-snipe of a mass followed by a savage beating in return.

At least the players with top accounts can have a 2nd one that is more "normal" to fight with if they so desire.

IMO if Jason just keeps the restriction about same IP attacking 1 target it could be ok. All i would say is Planet stealing is a potential issue, with 2 accounts 1 player can steal 2 planets per day from someone. I would like to see a restriction added that allows an account to lose 1 planet per 24 hrs from anyone who has shared an IP, basically make it so that once you steal a planet with your main or NG-main it locks the other one out for the 24 hrs from that same target.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Wolfstien
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Borek wrote:well to be fair having 2 accounts is not exactly the same as having 1 that is twice as powerful. I mean one can only farm and raid so much, having a 2nd account means if that one is built up then time and/or money is taken away from the main account. Now yes technically you generate 2x the turns assuming you are below the 5k cut off for making new ones, yes you get 3 lots of Market turns a week extra, but you only get 2x the income if the 2nd account is built up to the same income level...

Also remember that compared to income farming and/or raiding are FAR FAR more effective, regarding AT's then generating 2x the amount of generics is not a big deal, and the personal ones from MT's must be spent on the account who makes them.

In conclusion i really do not see it making THAT much of a difference to the "power" of the top players, however what it does do is give them 2 accounts to potentially fight with. I know right now some of the real monster accounts are pretty much limited to fighting the few who can match them, everyone else is just so much weaker it's somewhat pointless for much other than a ninja-snipe of a mass followed by a savage beating in return.

At least the players with top accounts can have a 2nd one that is more "normal" to fight with if they so desire.

IMO if Jason just keeps the restriction about same IP attacking 1 target it could be ok. All i would say is Planet stealing is a potential issue, with 2 accounts 1 player can steal 2 planets per day from someone. I would like to see a restriction added that allows an account to lose 1 planet per 24 hrs from anyone who has shared an IP, basically make it so that once you steal a planet with your main or NG-main it locks the other one out for the 24 hrs from that same target.

So running off this.

If I ever get my second account, would I be able to let my gf on it at the same time so we can mass someone together? Just curious... :smt047
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

No 2 accounts can attack the same person from the same IP. That is a given standard set before. :)

Other than that, I have to say Borek has got our line of reasoning down pat. ;) ..and adds a few well phrased observations. :-D
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

no because account sharing is supposed to be prohibited, but given some people openly log into others accounts, i guess it wont be stopped
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

CJL wrote:no because account sharing is supposed to be prohibited, but given some people openly log into others accounts, i guess it wont be stopped
You will not get IP exceptions for NG accounts. So while you might let your friendly neighbourhood dog/cat/donkey log in, you will still not be able to strike the same account.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Having two accounts will be like a boxer fighting with two hands instead of one tied behind his back. Oh you're getting phased on your one account? Well time for a right hook with your other. This will dramatically revolutionize ingame fighting at its fastest levels and once most of the top players have their legal multi's built up, I will pity anyone who fights them with just one account. Remember, people are buying spy and ac level 40s left and right now. Getting a second account to spy 38 or 39 will be childsplay in comparison to the bigger plans out there...

Edit: I see your post Juliette about two accounts from the same ip attacking someone else...but then what if that someone else is attacking your two accounts? You can't defend yourself with both? That wouldn't be fair. On top of that, people get ip exceptions all the time for main accounts, I don't think that system would or should change for this...
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
thorsworld1
Fledgling Forumer

Question

having a multi is not allowed for what reason in main, forget about the rules, I mean what is frowned upon by admin not to allow someone to have a multi.

Then

Why are they now allowing a LEGAL multi, apart from being sanctioned by admin and taking out the fact that its just not allowed under normal game rules, there is no difference between having a legal and illigal multi. Because they will be able to do exactly the same

I personally dont like the idea because you can get around the IP issue and in my mind unless you go for a new legal multi you will be facing a losing battle if you choose for what ever reason to remain at 1 account in main.

personally once these accounts start being created in main and start to be used, I think you will lose more players
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Also, for that matter, what happens when someone tries to sell their main account, do they sell their multi too? Maybe some will, some probably won't. How will that be regulated? Once these accounts start getting passed around, it's going to get very difficult to track who shouldn't or couldn't be hitting who.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Can you buy other players NewGrounds accounts that have ascended to main and therefore have more than 2 accounts?

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Wolfstien
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

The NG account should be in some way attached to the main account. Weird thought, but NG is for training, so maybe for those that already have a main account; this new ascended account becomes like a Lieutenant in your army. Only useable in some ways but in enough ways to have an awesome pay out.

If you don't already have a main account, then yes it comes fully loaded with those stats.

My two cents...

Return to “New Grounds General”