Regarding Ascension to Main

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Re: Regarding Ascension to Main

When a person finishes Newgrounds he gets the option of connecting this new account to the already existent one.
(if he does not choose so, transfers between the accounts are impossible because of the same ID or illegal since he did not TELL that this account is connected to some other one in main)

So if he says that this account is his second one in main => with which it is easy to determine his current ascension account = HE DOES not need a new ASCENDED ACCOUNT (perhaps gets a small boost to the current one but that is all)

As a result both of his main accounts are connected with ONE ascended account. Meaning if he gets descended = he is descended on both. But also gets those (small bonuses when ascending from both of the accounts)

Now people who don't have a main account yet. Get a new ascended account which comes with their 20 ascensions main one.

Easy peasy and no confusion.
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Shezmu
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

SVaRuN wrote:When a person finishes Newgrounds he gets the option of connecting this new account to the already existent one.
(if he does not choose so, transfers between the accounts are impossible because of the same ID or illegal since he did not TELL that this account is connected to some other one in main)

So if he says that this account is his second one in main => with which it is easy to determine his current ascension account = HE DOES not need a new ASCENDED ACCOUNT (perhaps gets a small boost to the current one but that is all)

As a result both of his main accounts are connected with ONE ascended account. Meaning if he gets descended = he is descended on both. But also gets those (small bonuses when ascending from both of the accounts)

Now people who don't have a main account yet. Get a new ascended account which comes with their 20 ascensions main one.

I agree that both accounts should be linked to ONE Ascension account. It would tie in nicely to the roleplay aspect of the game and is a good idea amongst other logical reasons

Easy peasy and no confusion.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

SVaRuN wrote:When a person finishes Newgrounds he gets the option of connecting this new account to the already existent one.

You presume that Main - Ascended is tied properly. You were around when the first disconnections appeared. :) You should know better, things have only gotten worse.
SVaRuN wrote:As a result both of his main accounts are connected with ONE ascended account. Meaning if he gets descended = he is descended on both. But also gets those (small bonuses when ascending from both of the accounts)
Only works if Ascended and Main are tied 100%, or you risk descending people who have nothing to do with this.

I like the thought behind the idea, but it is not practical and not foolproof.

Regarding the 'omg ppl will ascend then sell their accs to others'.. that point is moot.. it takes 6 months of powering through NG to get a single Main acc, so that should be fine. The actual influx of new accs will be minimal. Your NG-Main is an earned 'tool', to use as you see fit. Use it, sell it, abandon it.. it is all up to the user.
So if you want ONLY a boost to your Main.. well.. ascend, then sell. :)

@General: There is no need to quote posts without any contribution of your own. Any such further spam will be reported as such.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder

Main and ascended not being properly connected?

I would need better info about that (if possible) so that I can think about the solution for that. But I can count the possible reasons that pop into my head and let's see how that goes.

1. Main and ascended NEED to be connected. If you are saying a person with main account A has an ascended account B
That is just NOT OK and should not be tolerated.
However if it was tolerated and now exist and Admin would basically be going back on his word by undoing it there is an easy solution for that as well. I will write it down if that is so...

2. Some people in ASCENDED do not have main account and some people who are ascended have MAIN account without the ascended one.
I have heard of first and cant imagine the second but I also have a solution for this an easy one actually.
SOLUTION
A) So far Admin SoL has as far as I know deleted the accounts which have no main (which imo is only right. If the problem is finding them all, meaning that it presents too much work and so on, this I can easily solve.
Give me one month (will probably take a lot less), it will be also before anyone finishes New Grounds...
I will work with my alliance and I will call on people from other alliances to help as well. We will make a team sweep through ascended and take a note of any accounts who have no connection.

3. If a regular person can do God Quest and sees the ascended ID --> main ID connection

than mr. SoL can do this almost without effort so in all honesty point 2. is even easier and we can probably scratch the entire lets make a team a do the recon idea.

If the problem is number 1. Which would be the only logical one, since I cant imagine how any other could even present any kind of problem we do the following. I will present the case with an example

player A ------> has an ascended account of player C
player B ------> has an ascended account of player B
player C ------> has an ascended account of player A
player D ------> has an ascended account of player F
player E ------> has an ascended account of player D
player F ------> has an ascended account of player E

So if this is the mess, we do the following.
Admin SoL takes
an ASCENDED account C ----> copies the stats of ASCENDED account A and pastes them in ASCENDED account C
Than he changes the password and login info of ASCENDED account C and sends the DATA (password and login name) to the mail provided by player with MAIN account C
He does vica versa for account A

As I know this can be confusing if read quickly I will use an example and I will use our names. Juliette and Svarun so it will be easier to understand

Lets say I have an ascended account of Juliette and she has that of mine. So what happens.

SoL takes the data from my ASCENDED account ----> pastes it into ASCENDED account of Juliette and does the opposite for her. (Now account "named SVARUN on ascended but in Juliette's property has MY data. and like wise Her data are now in ASCENDED account Juliette which is still in my property.
So what SoL does next is. He changes the login INFO of our accounts and sends the data (password and username) = to our adresses.
For ascended account Svarun he sends to MY email
For ascended account Juliette he sends to HER email

what happens? We have the essentially the same account as before only that now they are connected (oh we might need a name change...)

Now since there arent really that many accounts which are like that this should be easy. And we get a way to sort out any future mess. (btw their fault entirely that it would even come to it...since come on it is above room temperature that tells you that main and ascended need to be connected)

If any other problem regarding the connection. Please explain and I am sure I will find the solution
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:Exactly. Plenty of choices, many ways to bring your ideas to life.

Regarding stats; please read up on my answers before you re-post a question, thanks! :D
I quote from my earlier post on this page, and have unspoilered the details.

Juliette wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm going to fire another question, what cov levels/MS are we looking at?
UP/Army etc. what are these accounts starting with?
I will list the statistics as they are currently for someone who ascends at this very moment (values taken from the code).

Code: Select all

Naquadah on hand:      2,000,000
Naquadah in bank:      52,055,003,627,520
Bank size:             52,055,003,627,520
Unit Production:       250,000 /day
Attack Turns:          4,000 (2,000 generic + 2,000 personal)
Covert level:          35
Anticovert level:      34
Tech:                  All technologies; MS tech lvl 8.

Population:
Attackers:             1,000,000
Super Attackers:       10,000,000
Attack Mercs:          1,000,000
Defenders:             1,000,000
Super Defenders:       10,000,000
Defence Mercs:         1,000,000
Untrained:             50,000,000
Miners:                100,000,000
Lifers:                0
Spies:                 50,000,000
Assassins:             1,000,000
Total Fighting Force:  225,000,000

Mothership:
Shields:               100,000
Weapons:               150,000
Fleets:                100,000

Protection:            720 min

So, what would the base ascended stats look like?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:
Juliette wrote:Exactly. Plenty of choices, many ways to bring your ideas to life.

Regarding stats; please read up on my answers before you re-post a question, thanks! :D
I quote from my earlier post on this page, and have unspoilered the details.

Juliette wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm going to fire another question, what cov levels/MS are we looking at?
UP/Army etc. what are these accounts starting with?
I will list the statistics as they are currently for someone who ascends at this very moment (values taken from the code).

Code: Select all

Naquadah on hand:      2,000,000
Naquadah in bank:      52,055,003,627,520
Bank size:             52,055,003,627,520
Unit Production:       250,000 /day
Attack Turns:          4,000 (2,000 generic + 2,000 personal)
Covert level:          35
Anticovert level:      34
Tech:                  All technologies; MS tech lvl 8.

Population:
Attackers:             1,000,000
Super Attackers:       10,000,000
Attack Mercs:          1,000,000
Defenders:             1,000,000
Super Defenders:       10,000,000
Defence Mercs:         1,000,000
Untrained:             50,000,000
Miners:                100,000,000
Lifers:                0
Spies:                 50,000,000
Assassins:             1,000,000
Total Fighting Force:  225,000,000

Mothership:
Shields:               100,000
Weapons:               150,000
Fleets:                100,000

Protection:            720 min

So, what would the base ascended stats look like?
As I said earlier, there will be no ascended account until the first ascension. That account will then look like a new ascended account with a bunch of APP since converting the above yields a relatively decent amount of those. ;)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Huh, so you are better off starting level 1 and getting 99 tril LF at each ascension then starting at level 20 with some amount of APP and then going for 99 tril LF for the last few ascensions. My ascended account is already doing pretty good, and I have only ascended twice (granted at only like 5 tril LF each).
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:Huh, so you are better off starting level 1 and getting 99 tril LF at each ascension then starting at level 20 with some amount of APP and then going for 99 tril LF for the last few ascensions. My ascended account is already doing pretty good, and I have only ascended twice (granted at only like 5 tril LF each).
Exactly. NG-Mains will have a decent shot at playing Ascended, but to get a truly powerful Ascended account you will need to start Main from 0. (Register new in Main.)
fallen angel
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAF
Race: Forgotten
ID: 28677

what kind of acended status will the new NG acc have?
naq sold: 7 000 T[/size]
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

fallen angel wrote:what kind of acended status will the new NG acc have?
The NG account will be level 25, after 2 weeks vacation.
The NG-main will be level 20 (OoE).

Hope this helps. :)
fallen angel
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAF
Race: Forgotten
ID: 28677

Juliette wrote:
fallen angel wrote:what kind of acended status will the new NG acc have?
The NG account will be level 25, after 2 weeks vacation.
The NG-main will be level 20 (OoE).

Hope this helps. :)

OoE, thats what i was looking for :D
tyvm :)
naq sold: 7 000 T[/size]
jeffsupersaiyan1
Forum Grunt

why not base the stats from the NG account for the main account . like when you ascend from main to the ascended server. so everyone doesnt have the same account ?
Shezmu
Fledgling Forumer

jeffsupersaiyan1 wrote:why not base the stats from the NG account for the main account . like when you ascend from main to the ascended server. so everyone doesnt have the same account ?

How about not since the earlier players had more advantage with market rates and such

no offense to t hem but they are pretty well on their way
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Shezmu wrote:
jeffsupersaiyan1 wrote:why not base the stats from the NG account for the main account . like when you ascend from main to the ascended server. so everyone doesnt have the same account ?

How about not since the earlier players had more advantage with market rates and such

no offense to t hem but they are pretty well on their way

Market naq has only been a truly significant factor in recent weeks.

A lot of those "Well on their way" were already hitting 16's and 17's before market naq did much good.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
SVaRuN
Forum Elder

Well, than there are new players that will come now. Their ascension will be really slow in comparison...

Any way you look at this, it is pretty messed up

Return to “New Grounds General”