Regarding Ascension to Main

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Visentinel
Forum Intermediate
Race: Visacious
ID: 0

Re: Regarding Ascension to Main

Do the NG-Main account specs seem rather weak ?

the covert levels, UP and MS mainly just seem low end is all and 50T naq is not much at all.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Z E R O wrote:Market naq has only been a truly significant factor in recent weeks.

A lot of those "Well on their way" were already hitting 16's and 17's before market naq did much good.
Exactly.

Visentinel wrote:Do the NG-Main account specs seem rather weak ?

the covert levels, UP and MS mainly just seem low end is all and 50T naq is not much at all.
Want more? Build your own Main account. Considering the time and effort this is a good 'payout'. :)
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Juliette, I've got an idea re. linking.

What if you built in an cross-server feature which allows you to sent an request to an Ascended server-account to confirm the link between the accounts?
To clarify:

- After the ascension to main (and having found yourself back), you get an page where you get the option to link your NG-Main account to existing ascended account (also an button with 'I don't have an ascended account yet'. You will need to enter the ascended ID of the account. When submitting it, you get one (1) pop-up with an confirmation of the ID to request a link with. (That way you can check the inputted ID just to be sure)
- Then on the ascended ID there will be an message which asks the ascended player 'Do you wish to link your ascended account to account *number* on Main?' (Note, there must be an ability to link two accounts to ascended then, the normal and NG-main account). The player must confirm it twice (2x) to prevent any accidental linking.
- If the ascended player accepts, the link gets established. If the player rejects... nothing changes.
To prevent random link requests, let's say that if you get reject 5x that you lose the ability to link?
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Can a main account and a legal NG multi trade directly too each other if on the same IP?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Bromas wrote:Can a main account and a legal NG multi trade directly too each other if on the same IP?
There should be a blank IP exception in place for all NG-Main accounts. The first account had some trouble with that but that was fixed; I have since not heard of a problem with that. :)
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

You can use the trade brokers, but you can not use the direct send function.

I found this out after a bit of screwing around.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Question: How do you login to your new NG-Main account if your details are the same? I will have my NG-Main within the next few days, and I don't want to get stuck logging into my regular main account trying to login to the newgrounds one.
fallen angel
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAF
Race: Forgotten
ID: 28677

Slim87R wrote:Question: How do you login to your new NG-Main account if your details are the same? I will have my NG-Main within the next few days, and I don't want to get stuck logging into my regular main account trying to login to the newgrounds one.

your NGmain name will have * (star) in front of name.
so i think for your main acc you use Slim87R+other credentials
and for NGmain *Slim87R+credentials

does this mean that you can just use * +mail+pass+3numbers?
cause for example, now i can just type f and mail and pass and 3 numbers and can log in without having to type in whole name
naq sold: 7 000 T[/size]
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

That sounds about right. :)
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Race: Bender

This sounds bad... look at all the top players here on this thread already trying to figure how to exploit the system. with the "legal" multi's having no IP then you just gave them the mule to move everything back and forth, between the multi's they already possibly have... going to turn out bad!

i see it happening like this. the new normal will be to cheat or lose, or we will end up losing all our best top players, they will get burned out from playing on so many servers just for one game, or even banned in a matter of time... thats how it will happen now with the temptation to exploit right in everyone faces. not to judge anyones moral fiber, but i dont see everyone playing by the rules.

all you big players wanting in on this should be ashamed of yourselves, you are all already untouchable... and now you got to hop into the "training" site to get a few extra stats? that you could put on your main account anyways, with the time it took you to juggle 5 dif servers...

also how do you explain to the new comers to main from NG, that their account they spent so much time on are worthless compared to a normal main account? and now they need to make a second one in main to keep up?
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
KOS
Forum Intermediate

Ah JT, you moved the sigs lol i got a lot of updating to do...
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Adapt and Thrive.

That's my motto.

They bring in multi's, you learn to deal with it. If all the big players have one, you get one.

I don't know why people who already multi'd would even bother getting an NG account, what's the point? You already have multies... It takes months of commitment, and in that time you could create 10 script running multies and have it earn you far more than your main and NG account ever would. (Not recommending it btw, just stating a fact)

Admin has thrown us screwball updates in the past, and we've learned to adapt to them and move on. This will be the same.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
KOS
Forum Intermediate

im sure it will work out, it always seems to. just odd. and i did just start a ng account. might as well fall in suit or get left behind lol. only reason i though the ng multi would help that much is cause if it is indeed a blank IP then the game wont know if your trading from same ip... lets see how it goes lol
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
KOS
Forum Intermediate

i quess its not as time consuming as i thought it would be, just started the NG account yesterday and by the end of tonight i will be lvl 4. going pretty good
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

It is intended to take around 6 months to get your NG account into a state that would allow you to 'ascend'? over to main, although I believe it was/is possible to do it quicker.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.

Return to “New Grounds General”