Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Newgrounds Account Ownership

A re-clarification of various ownership rules appears to be required, hence this thread.

I have been talking to the people who are using Newgrounds as an 'NGM-factory'.
For their benefit, for the rest of us, and for my enforcement, the following rules apply in regards to the ownership of Newgrounds accounts:
  • If you own an NGMain account, you own the NG account (regardless of whether it is on vacation or not). If you do not have the login details to your NG account, you can have them set to whatever your NGMain's login details are.
  • An NG account under level 25 is owned by the one who has the login details.
  • Activity status of an NG account is not relevant to whether or not you have an NG account. An account on vacation mode is still owned by you, and you can own only one NG account.
  • You can own only 1 (ONE) NG account. Further accounts created will be deleted.
  • Contrary to in the past, these rules will be enforced. (Consequences include, but are not limited to, loss of covert levels on your current NGM or Main, whichever will send the clearest signal.)
  • Ignorance is no excuse.
  • You can buy someone's NGM, NG and (if applicable) NGA account (as a package), unless you already have either an NG, NGM or NGA account.

These rules will be given ample expression in game as well.

This post supersedes all previous expressions in regards to this question. All previous transgressions against these rules are pardoned, all current transgressors will be given 1 week (7 days) to dispose of their secondary, tertiary and quaternary accounts, after which these rules will be fully enforced.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: Newgrounds Account Ownership

Juliette wrote:A re-clarification of various ownership rules appears to be required, hence this thread.

I have been talking to the people who are using Newgrounds as an 'NGM-factory'.
For their benefit, for the rest of us, and for my enforcement, the following rules apply in regards to the ownership of Newgrounds accounts:

[*]An NG account under level 25 is owned by the one who has the login details.
[/b][*]Activity status of an NG account is not relevant to whether or not you have an NG account. An account on vacation mode is still owned by you, and you can own only one NG account.
[/b]
How is that actually enforceable? How do you know who has the login details? I might have three accounts that I used to own on vac mode, all of which I was the last to login to, but whose login details I gave to other people...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

RepliMagni wrote:
Juliette wrote:[*]An NG account under level 25 is owned by the one who has the login details.
[/b][*]Activity status of an NG account is not relevant to whether or not you have an NG account. An account on vacation mode is still owned by you, and you can own only one NG account.[/b]
How is that actually enforceable? How do you know who has the login details? I might have three accounts that I used to own on vac mode, all of which I was the last to login to, but whose login details I gave to other people...
Pretty simple. If the details have not been changed since the last time you logged in, you have the login details. Whether you remember them or not, the account is yours.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Is this applicable solely to NG accounts on NG server? Or to NGmains on 'main' as well?

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Caprila wrote:Is this applicable solely to NG accounts on NG server? Or to NGmains on 'main' as well?
This applies to the entire NG-chain, from NG to NGM to any existing NGA.

If requested, deleting the NG account will also delete the NGM and NGA.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Juliette wrote:If requested, deleting the NG account will also delete the NGM and NGA.
So if player A sold to player B their NG, NGM, NGA accounts, but player B has no interest in NG so never logged in or changed their details, then player A could delete their other two accounts? Similarly, if a transaction never involved the NG account in the first place.

Ouch 8-[
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

RepliMagni wrote:
Juliette wrote:If requested, deleting the NG account will also delete the NGM and NGA.
So if player A sold to player B their NG, NGM, NGA accounts, but player B has no interest in NG so never logged in or changed their details, then player A could delete their other two accounts? Similarly, if a transaction never involved the NG account in the first place.

Ouch 8-[
This is why ownership of the NG account is decided by the NGM. :)
Juliette wrote:If you own an NGMain account, you own the NG account (regardless of whether it is on vacation or not). If you do not have the login details to your NG account, you can have them set to whatever your NGMain's login details are.

A transaction cannot 'not involve' an NG account, the entire chain is transferred, regardless of whether that is specified in the trade itself (whether players are complete in their communications towards each other is not my concern).
~Deadpool~
Forum Newbie
Alliance: The Order
ID: 1983249

Question, let's say you have 1 NG account and then ascend to main and then ascend your NG main to ascended, can you then delete both NG and NG main accounts keeping just the ascended account and start another NG account and ascend it to main?
I am here to troll and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

current war descensions
Spoiler
NLscorch87
[ Σ Allegiance - Legion Marine]
Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Incarnate of the TOLAH

*Ramzes II[ TÅÅE ]
Disciples of Amun (Swiftness)
DESCENDED UnSpeakable of the ORI
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

~Deadpool~ wrote:Question, let's say you have 1 NG account and then ascend to main and then ascend your NG main to ascended, can you then delete both NG and NG main accounts keeping just the ascended account and start another NG account and ascend it to main?
You cannot delete an NG account once it has ascended to Main.
You cannot delete an Ascended account (only 'descend' it).
If you delete a Main account, you delete all associated accounts if they exist: NG, NGA (if you delete an NGM). :) (That deletion principle goes for Main accounts of any type, you cannot delete it and keep the Ascended account alive - it is deleted with the Main.)

But just fyi, it also gives this warning explicitly on the delete page for Main accounts. :)
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

ok here is the problem...the old rules let you sell your acc...i give not sell my NG main acc to Blue..he need it (i dont play with both in main on that time)i stop playing main long time ago..but i continue play NG because i like and dont need to much time to put in this..i have the bigest acc now..all good until today you change the rules...now...who own NGmain acc own my acc..how this is posible??? i own original acc...NGmain is secondary one..NGmain ascend is secondary..if i give my NGmain to blue and he dont play anymore,how i find himi? if he sold that NGmain to sombody else ??how i can lose my original acc here because of this??how i or you can fix this??i invest my time in this one..and of course money for few SS and USS here in NG one..you cant take my acc now....ideas?anyoane...

™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

what i dont understand is why to control all acc the NGmain one??and not original NG acc...that was the initial and original...

PTCACM
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Orici
Race: Ori
ID: 1991280

™LoT wrote:what i dont understand is why to control all acc the NGmain one??and not original NG acc...that was the initial and original...
I actually think its obvious if only in main server accounts can delete all accounts, so main server is the High King :P
PTCACM Trade Feedback
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=191133

Trade Black List
Osiris™

To write history, one must be more than a man...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Don't tell me the old rules told you to sell part of your NG-chain. [-X Almost everyone sold their chains the way they should.

It has been made clear again and again, that you should not sell your NGM separately from your NG account. So sure, maybe it did not explicitly say so in big red lettered text, however everyone was warned about the fact that it might have consequences, and advised to take proper care when doing their trades.
The only thing that was in any way vague before was whether or not an account on vacation counts as an active account. This thread is the answer to that.

You will need to contact your buyer (or the current owner, *Gray One) about this half-executed trade.
I have given you the information you need to contact him, that is all I will do. :)

Main controls everything, kind of why it is called 'Main' and not 'Some Game'. :) It has worked that way with Ascended for years, and Newgrounds is -for all its charm- just a precursor server.
™LoT wrote:what i dont understand is why to control all acc the NGmain one??and not original NG acc...that was the initial and original...
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Could be called main because that's where everyone used to start....maybe it should revolve around ascended :razz:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “New Grounds General”