i sorta already asked this in another way...

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
dip ship
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

i sorta already asked this in another way...

but why do peopel farm on ng if turn income is so much more naq?

i do see a few peoplewho hit for more than my turn income... though i dont understand how

is there a limmit to how much you can farm in a day like wiith raiding?
Huxley wrote:THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: i sorta already asked this in another way...

Perhaps because letting AT go to waste is seen as less desirable than spending time to farm for small amounts of naq...

plus, it's naq that you can't get any other way...

and all naq is more valuable to those who are still ascending...

Those would be my reasons.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

If attack other players you do not, then a war game you are not playing, padawan.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
dip ship
Forum Grunt

Agapooka wrote:If attack other players you do not, then a war game you are not playing, padawan.

i truly value your openion pookie, always have, but how is the unit loss from motherships profitable

and is there a limmit (besides the cost of turns) how much naq you can farm in a day?
Huxley wrote:THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Once you get up to a certain size, farming begins to cost more than you get out of it. You literally lose on every hit, so it becomes much cheaper to waste the turns by not using them. My account for example just eclipsed 120M units and I have a fleet of 70k MS. I would lose too many MS on each attack and get a negligible amount of naq. On the other hand I have 118.5M miners netting me just shy of 12.5T naq per turn. This is why this is a sit and bank game right now. In my opinion if losses weren't so drastic, more would farm. The reason Losses are so drastic is because of the huge fleet you have to build to farm anything of worth. A lot of things really need to be tweaked in the game. Either make it so you don't have to build such a large fleet to farm, or find a way to cut losses in a balanced fashion. Or instead of having a large amount of MS loss, minimize the actual lost amount and add MS damage that needs to be repaired. There are a lot of ways to fix this. One thing I am sure of though is the fact this needs to be fixed before plague takes effect. Right now, sit and bankers are the only ones playing, and plague would have them leave. Get the farming doable first, then no one will care about plague kicking in cutting most players army size because they now have a game they can play.
dip ship
Forum Grunt

Slim87R wrote:Once you get up to a certain size, farming begins to cost more than you get out of it. You literally lose on every hit, so it becomes much cheaper to waste the turns by not using them. My account for example just eclipsed 120M units and I have a fleet of 70k MS. I would lose too many MS on each attack and get a negligible amount of naq. On the other hand I have 118.5M miners netting me just shy of 12.5T naq per turn. This is why this is a sit and bank game right now. In my opinion if losses weren't so drastic, more would farm. The reason Losses are so drastic is because of the huge fleet you have to build to farm anything of worth. A lot of things really need to be tweaked in the game. Either make it so you don't have to build such a large fleet to farm, or find a way to cut losses in a balanced fashion. Or instead of having a large amount of MS loss, minimize the actual lost amount and add MS damage that needs to be repaired. There are a lot of ways to fix this. One thing I am sure of though is the fact this needs to be fixed before plague takes effect. Right now, sit and bankers are the only ones playing, and plague would have them leave. Get the farming doable first, then no one will care about plague kicking in cutting most players army size because they now have a game they can play.

let someone else take the losses destroying the targets ms, then swoop in 0 losses
Slim87R
Forum Expert

dip ship wrote:
Slim87R wrote:Once you get up to a certain size, farming begins to cost more than you get out of it. You literally lose on every hit, so it becomes much cheaper to waste the turns by not using them. My account for example just eclipsed 120M units and I have a fleet of 70k MS. I would lose too many MS on each attack and get a negligible amount of naq. On the other hand I have 118.5M miners netting me just shy of 12.5T naq per turn. This is why this is a sit and bank game right now. In my opinion if losses weren't so drastic, more would farm. The reason Losses are so drastic is because of the huge fleet you have to build to farm anything of worth. A lot of things really need to be tweaked in the game. Either make it so you don't have to build such a large fleet to farm, or find a way to cut losses in a balanced fashion. Or instead of having a large amount of MS loss, minimize the actual lost amount and add MS damage that needs to be repaired. There are a lot of ways to fix this. One thing I am sure of though is the fact this needs to be fixed before plague takes effect. Right now, sit and bankers are the only ones playing, and plague would have them leave. Get the farming doable first, then no one will care about plague kicking in cutting most players army size because they now have a game they can play.

let someone else take the losses destroying the targets ms, then swoop in 0 losses
I decided to give that a try. Took my 70k fleets against someone with 0. I did indeed keep my ships but turns out farming still wasn't worth my time. I just spent 2,370 turns and netted 1,105,999,883,000 naq. I know that my account is not set up for farming and my tech structure is more built around banking, but I have to ask if resetting my techs toward farming and training MS count is worth it. I currently push 599T a day income and no farmer is anywhere close to that. Farmers cannot compete with that. Plague will cut down the naq on the server and cut giant incomes leveling that down a bit, but then the farmers have less to draw from too.

Return to “New Grounds General”