Ascension

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
Highergrade
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Ascension

How long do people take to ascend to 20? Seems like some people can do it on days but its taking forever and I'm only on level 10, any advice and or help on how to speed things up?
FOXES *ODST
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: FLEET
Race: Asgard/Tauri
ID: 1925379
Alternate name(s): Foxes

Re: Ascension

After ascension 13 or there about it takes 2 full weeks before you can ascend again to level 14 and 15 etc. Alternatively you can purchase an ascension level for 10 dollars at the bottom of the black market. That is $10 for each ascension X how many times you want to ascend. $10 dollars for level 11 and $50 dollars for level 15 and $100 dollars for level 20. The drawback to this process of ascending, so I hear, is that you miss out on all those useful turns and naq that you get when you ascend with glory and reputation points, like me.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Almost correct advice, wrong game. This is about Newgrounds, not Main. :) Can you share your NG-experience?

Not sure where you're getting from that higher ascensions cost more if you use the $-alternative? 3->4 is 10$, same as 20->21. :)
Tandy Uula wrote:After ascension 13 or there about it takes 2 full weeks before you can ascend again to level 14 and 15 etc. Alternatively you can purchase an ascension level for 10 dollars at the bottom of the black market. That is $10 for each ascension X how many times you want to ascend. $10 dollars for level 11 and $50 dollars for level 15 and $100 dollars for level 20. The drawback to this process of ascending, so I hear, is that you miss out on all those useful turns and naq that you get when you ascend with glory and reputation points, like me.
Highergrade
Forum Newbie

Support wrote:Almost correct advice, wrong game. This is about Newgrounds, not Main. :) Can you share your NG-experience?

Not sure where you're getting from that higher ascensions cost more if you use the $-alternative? 3->4 is 10$, same as 20->21. :)
Tandy Uula wrote:After ascension 13 or there about it takes 2 full weeks before you can ascend again to level 14 and 15 etc. Alternatively you can purchase an ascension level for 10 dollars at the bottom of the black market. That is $10 for each ascension X how many times you want to ascend. $10 dollars for level 11 and $50 dollars for level 15 and $100 dollars for level 20. The drawback to this process of ascending, so I hear, is that you miss out on all those useful turns and naq that you get when you ascend with glory and reputation points, like me.
Yes this is about new grounds not main Tandy thanks though :), so you can buy ascensions up to level 20 at $10 support?
FOXES *ODST
Fledgling Forumer

Thanks for having us massed HG, you are welcome back anytime (then we're gonna hot towel him with the soap bars)

So NewGrounds, yes I am still learning how to navigate the forum.
My Newgrounds experience was pleasant and I ascended swiftly at the beginning. Probably every other day you can ascend. After every ascension your HIGGS WAVE quota doubles. You need HIGGS WAVES to ascend. To collect HIGGS WAVES you must train PASTORS. Pastors generate higgs waves. So to keep ascending as quickly as possible you have to modify your gameplay to generate higgs waves. The quickest way to play is to buy uu on the market every week and train them all into pastors. Any turns and naq you have left over spend on UNIT production. Train all units into pastors immediately. After 12 or 15 ascensions the quota for higgs waves is massive so it begins to take weeks to ascend. Keep following this tactic build the biggest Unit production you can. This will allow you to double you Unit production every day. Remember to login and raid a player once everyday to double those UU. Train them all into pastors. Also at the beginning of the week maximise your technology with pastors so they pray really good and generate as much Higgs waves as possible. The whole process will still take a few months but this is the only way to unlock the holy grail that is a *account in main. When you unlock the *account it will be highly ascended with nice perks. Well worth the effort and ready to create mayhem for unsuspecting enemies. After your final ascension in Newgrounds you will be so tired of pastors and playing the game will be like brand new again because you can now spend time building your attack and defence teams, spending naq on weapons, developing your actual competitive gameplay and going up in rank.
FOXES *ODST
Fledgling Forumer

Use your attack turns to build unit production and then buy some motherships with some uu. It is probably best to divide your turns in half like this so you can increase the amount of unit production higher for every 15 turns you have left over after, so the next few days you are training 3 times as many pastors as you would be without the raided uu. In other words, use all your turns buying motherships and building unit production because when you ascend again you are gifted with more turns. It is simply smart invest. Invest in motherships to return great quantities of naq, invest naquadah into unit production, raid everyday. Train everything after you have used half your turns (no more replacing motherships lost) into pastors. Keep increasing your unit production.
The Pup
Forum Newbie
ID: 1922723
Alternate name(s): The Grey Wolf
Kaeota
CyberCasper

Fun little tip (I'll be honest, I've skimmed most of this - apologies if it's repeating):
3 * Market Turns per week; ~12k free UU with for each MT;
All up, per MT you gain 8,000 God Particle / Turn (with a 1/3 training).
Mother ship crews do not count towards pop count (as only the first 1/3 of your pop can contribute to GP/T, when trained) - anything else is good, building a MS will cost you GP/T - not necessarily a bad thing, but probably not the best either.
To maximise your benefits from units, don't build motherships until you have enough GP to ascend, then build as many as you can, farm all your AT up, ascend, and throw the Naq onto UP on the other side.
Do not train all of your UU into Pastors / RastaMen / What ever your race calls it; after these guys total 1/3 of your total population they give no further production.

Disclaimer: currently @ AL 8; trying to get myself a legal multi (because GW is that addictive). May be wrong, but this, combined with daily raiding, seems to be the optimal way to do it.
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

No, only in Main you can buy from 3->23. (And NG-Mains 21->23.)
Highergrade wrote:so you can buy ascensions up to level 20 at $10 support?
Between Tandy and the Pup though, you have some great playing tips that should help you get on well. :smt023 (Thanks you two, welcome contributions.)
Highergrade
Forum Newbie

The Pup wrote:Fun little tip (I'll be honest, I've skimmed most of this - apologies if it's repeating):
3 * Market Turns per week; ~12k free UU with for each MT;
All up, per MT you gain 8,000 God Particle / Turn (with a 1/3 training).
Mother ship crews do not count towards pop count (as only the first 1/3 of your pop can contribute to GP/T, when trained) - anything else is good, building a MS will cost you GP/T - not necessarily a bad thing, but probably not the best either.
To maximise your benefits from units, don't build motherships until you have enough GP to ascend, then build as many as you can, farm all your AT up, ascend, and throw the Naq onto UP on the other side.
Do not train all of your UU into Pastors / RastaMen / What ever your race calls it; after these guys total 1/3 of your total population they give no further production.

Disclaimer: currently @ AL 8; trying to get myself a legal multi (because GW is that addictive). May be wrong, but this, combined with daily raiding, seems to be the optimal way to do it.
From what I've read already that sounds spot on I've adapted to doing this just bout to hit level 11! I think I may have to cheat from 15 and up and buy it haha, need that multi. Cheers guys
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

do you get supporters status on completion of lvl20 or only by cash payment?
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707

Return to “New Grounds General”