Unable to attack?

Specific to server: "GateWars: New Grounds"
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Unable to attack?

I have trained attackers and they are armed but since ascending to the 3rd level when I go to attack anyone I'm unable to.

do you need to be of a certain size to be able to? kind of like as on ascended?
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Re: Unable to attack?

Did you have a chance to catch the tutorial regarding attacks?

- Attacks are only possible against targets that are off PPT - Gate operations are only possible if both you and your target have a Stargate. You can construct a Stargate in an enemy realm.
- All attacks will fail if you have no armed attack units - due to a lack of weapons or attackers.
- Attacks will fail to launch if you have no Motherships - you need them to carry soldiers, weapons and Naquadah.
- Gate operations will fail to launch if you only have Tier 3 weapons - Gate strikes (e.g. raids, destruction) require Tier 2 or 1 weapons to fit through the gate.
- Size does not matter, but the damage dealt to you while attacking a much larger defence is severe.

If your situation does not match any of those described above, please let me know and I will look into your specific situation. :)
~nyx~
Forum Expert

lol just normal atttack, doing what I done with the other times (I'm new to NG, never played it before at all ) only got a couple of farms.

I hit the attack button, it goes to the next screen then shows nothing at all where there used to be an amount of naq I could take.

not built a ms
just ascended again will see if I can attack once of ppt
― Søren Kierkegaard

Support
Site Admin

Looks like we found your problem.

New Grounds does not use a single MS like Main, it has a Fleet of Motherships, an absolute requirement to conduct regular attacks. Your troops would be unable to reach your opponent if you have no Motherships to carry them, nor will you be able to bring back any Naquadah if all of your motherships are full of soldiers.

You would have been able to make up to 20 attacks before your 20 starting Motherships would all have been destroyed. You can tell by the diminishing returns on farming.
Build multiple - at the very least 10 is recommended - 1 Mothership carries 1 million Naquadah per attack, costs 1 million Naquadah and 50 units.
You will always lose at least 1 Mothership per attack - hence, build at least 10 to make more Naquadah than it costs to build them. ;)

Hope this helps. Paraphrased the tutorial, which new New Grounds players who came from Main especially should check out. New Grounds has not been a training server for 4.5 years, and it has notable differences from Main. Before ascending to Main, these differences are made explicit.

Thanks for this question Cleo, good to have this information on the forum as well as in various places in the game. :smt023
~nyx~
Forum Expert

thanks, couldn't find a guide :/

might have to delete and start again. :oops:
― Søren Kierkegaard

Support
Site Admin

In the top right corner of the pages, a button shaped as a question mark triggers the tutorial for that specific page.
There is a bunch of duplicate -relevant- information (attacks are described on Attack page, but also on Stats and Ranking).
Cleo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:17 amthanks, couldn't find a guide :/

Not absolutely necessary.. you can use the weekly three free Market bonuses to get a good amount of Naquadah and units to build up your Fleet and units if you happen to have run out of resources. :)
Cleo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:17 ammight have to delete and start again. :oops:

Good luck!
~nyx~
Forum Expert

Support wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 9:02 am In the top right corner of the pages, a button shaped as a question mark triggers the tutorial for that specific page.
There is a bunch of duplicate -relevant- information (attacks are described on Attack page, but also on Stats and Ranking).
Cleo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:17 amthanks, couldn't find a guide :/

Not absolutely necessary.. you can use the weekly three free Market bonuses to get a good amount of Naquadah and units to build up your Fleet and units if you happen to have run out of resources. :)
Cleo wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 8:17 ammight have to delete and start again. :oops:

Good luck!
fancy stuff, should add that to the welcome message for newbs.noobs like me :smt043
― Søren Kierkegaard

borg
Forum Irregular

U need to ask one of your alliance on main if they are active on NG and if so they can send u resources which will speed u through

Return to “New Grounds General”