Moderator: Newgrounds mods

Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Filing NG Bug Reports Rules

Post by Coulson » Thu May 24, 2012 2:00 am

1. When making a bug report (or posting a bug in the relevant thread) try using the following template:

- Title: Make the thread title precise and to the point. No "wth my numbers broke" but "Cosmetic error: Numbers display incorrectly" or "Mechanics: I can't attack players with less defense". You get the idea.
Required information:
- Page: The URL of where the bug was seen to occur.
- Time: What time it roughly occurred, if you think it's relevant to mention it was directly before or after a turn change then you should do so.
- ID: Involved ID's
- Description: Brief description of what happened, what should have happened or what shouldn't have happend, numbers/stats can be included.
- Additional: Any relevant information that you think is necessary.

Providing the above information will allow the bug report to be solved faster as about 99% of the time no further information is required.

2. Bug reports don't need to be commented on, or given live updates unless requested by a mod/GM/Admin.

3. 1-2 people can confirm the bugs existence, any more is overkill. We know it exists, and work to a solution.

4. Keep things short, concise, and leave the threads uncluttered so they can be traversed easier. Especially with collective bug threads as multiple reports will be filed within a single thread. Spam will be moderated with extreme prejudice.

5. 1 report is enough for each bug, if it goes unanswered/unsolved within a few days it can be bumped.

6. SEARCH. Read the titles and see if your bug is reported before posting a new thread.

(Thanks to Sol and Loki for the core of this post.)

Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Re: Filing NG Bug Reports Rules

Post by Coulson » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:49 am

Reminder to all to use the format outlined in this thread.

Juliette
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Filing NG Bug Reports Rules

Post by Juliette » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:26 am

I would particularly appreciate it if Bug Reports could be filed as outlined in this thread.
Do not forget to include relevant Battle/Spy Log ID's when reporting a bug with your NG account.

"I do not expect an easy fight - just one I cannot lose."

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

SpoilerShow
"Just as the Mother Confessor is the final arbiter of truth through her magic, she is also the final arbiter of power. The word of the Mother Confessor is law."

Juliette: Newgrounds Game Rep & Developer Contact me about Newgrounds suggestions/issues/bugs.

Forum - Unicron
Psyko - Soundwave
Haz - Shockwave
Buck - Grimlock
Dovahkiin - Starscream
Noobert - Sunstorm
Sol - Thundercracker
Sarevok - Skywarp
Legendary Apophis - Cyclonus
Clockwork - Reflector
ertyuio - Divebomb
Kikaz - Rampage