Filing NG Bug Reports Rules

Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Filing NG Bug Reports Rules

1. When making a bug report (or posting a bug in the relevant thread) try using the following template:

- Title: Make the thread title precise and to the point. No "wth my numbers broke" but "Cosmetic error: Numbers display incorrectly" or "Mechanics: I can't attack players with less defense". You get the idea.
Required information:
- Page: The URL of where the bug was seen to occur.
- Time: What time it roughly occurred, if you think it's relevant to mention it was directly before or after a turn change then you should do so.
- ID: Involved ID's
- Description: Brief description of what happened, what should have happened or what shouldn't have happend, numbers/stats can be included.
- Additional: Any relevant information that you think is necessary.

Providing the above information will allow the bug report to be solved faster as about 99% of the time no further information is required.

2. Bug reports don't need to be commented on, or given live updates unless requested by a mod/GM/Admin.

3. 1-2 people can confirm the bugs existence, any more is overkill. We know it exists, and work to a solution.

4. Keep things short, concise, and leave the threads uncluttered so they can be traversed easier. Especially with collective bug threads as multiple reports will be filed within a single thread. Spam will be moderated with extreme prejudice.

5. 1 report is enough for each bug, if it goes unanswered/unsolved within a few days it can be bumped.

6. SEARCH. Read the titles and see if your bug is reported before posting a new thread.

(Thanks to Sol and Loki for the core of this post.)
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Re: Filing NG Bug Reports Rules

Reminder to all to use the format outlined in this thread.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Filing NG Bug Reports Rules

I would particularly appreciate it if Bug Reports could be filed as outlined in this thread.
Do not forget to include relevant Battle/Spy Log ID's when reporting a bug with your NG account.

Return to “Bugs/Glitches”