Partial Username Login

LordRevan
Forum Newbie
Race: System Lord
ID: 49044

Partial Username Login

password and email have to match, username doesnt; out of my four letter username i was able to login in 4 different ways: with just the first letter, just first two letters, just first three letters, and obviously the normal full username. the pattern is obvious, it has to be some length from the beginning of your username... it doesnt work if it's non-sequential (ie middle or end of your username). that's about as much as i found out just now, by accident. i dont understand how something like this is allowed to be? fix it

on the off chance that this is my imagination OR my browser, i apologize ^^
Thy Hollow Soul Drowns in Thy Sins /Jigoku Shoujo/ ^^
-------
I am RANDOM
-------
Formula to my forum post count:
(time spend on any forum (in hours)) + (random number from 0 to 9)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Partial Username Login

Not a bug.

This is exactly the same way Main has worked for the past 7 years without problems and security issues.
(Since usernames are the single most easiest thing to find out about an account, an exact match is irrelevant as long as email and password match.)
LordRevan
Forum Newbie
Race: System Lord
ID: 49044

rofl, in those 7 years never by accident have i logged into main with a partial username, so i never knew, i still dont think this is such a great "feature", remove the username from the login altogether then ^^ k, nvm, thanks

obviously close this.
Thy Hollow Soul Drowns in Thy Sins /Jigoku Shoujo/ ^^
-------
I am RANDOM
-------
Formula to my forum post count:
(time spend on any forum (in hours)) + (random number from 0 to 9)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

SuperSaiyan wrote:I love how when things appear after initially being "accidents" that they are features.
Its never been a problem, so there is no point in changing it, but at least call it what it is lol.
Shush. :-$ I did not say it was a feature. I said it is not a bug, which is the situation, it simply is an element - for better or worse - of the log-in system. :-D
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

I will mention that it works like this to AdminJ, if he considers it important he will do something about it for all servers, if not, then not. Personally, I do not see the harm, but maybe he does.

*closed* Will update if we do anything with this.

Return to “Bugs/Glitches”