Plague - feedback please

Which scenario would you like to see?

Poll ended at Mon May 13, 2013 3:12 am

Scenario 1 (less Priest deaths compared to rest)
No votes
Scenario 2 (less Priest/CI/Def deaths compared to rest)
No votes
Scenario 3 (less Priest/I/Att deaths compared to rest)
No votes
Scenario 4 (equal spread)
93%
Scenario 5 (staged, income first)
7%

Total votes: 15
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Plague - feedback please

First off, let me start by saying, "Plague is doing nothing but showing a fancy number at the moment." Having that out of the way, I want to know how you feel the deaths should be distributed. Since this is mainly a level 25 issue, it could provide a basis for some level 25-only things.

Obviously it is not just going to be Untrained units that are going to die (because then you simply train them into anything and never be bothered by Plague - except for it stopping your UP).

I was thinking, and figured I would put several scenarios to you, which you can vote on for the next 2 days. Yes, I know, short time, but hear me out.. I want to fix this this weekend. Making the Plague kill units is easy, I have the code snippet ready. But before I put it in, I want your opinions.

Scenario 1:
Everything dies, except Priests (all die, but significantly less Priest deaths). ("Priests live in a secure, quarantined compound where they meditate and such.")

Scenario 2:
Everything dies, except Priests, Counter-Intelligence and Defenders (all die, but significantly less deaths). ("Priests in compound. Defending forces get better healthcare due to being at home.")

Scenario 3:
Everything dies, except Priests, Intelligence and Attackers (all die, but significantly less deaths). ("Priests in compound. Plague strikes your homeland, since Attackers and Intel spend most time on foreign soil they are less likely to catch disease.")

Scenario 4:
Everything dies.

Scenario 5:
For the first 'x' million over cap, only trained Income units die.

Any questions, fire away. Here all weekend.
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Re: Plague - feedback please

What if all I have is priests? Since that's my plan for level 25 after my week of forced vac is over :-D
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
JasonJay
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Have everything die
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

everything die of course..and if your AS is biger and biger your die % grow i belive...anyway no other updates??

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Loki™ wrote:What if all I have is priests? Since that's my plan for level 25 after my week of forced vac is over :-D
Then I doubt you will get near the Plague at all. But even if you do, the quotum (Plague Death) must be met.

It will work the same as in Main. I believe you have experience with the Plague there? :)

I am leaning heavily in the direction of just killing everything with equal prejudice, like all who posted so far. ;) Bloodthirsty.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Equal spread is the prudent way to go. This will stop anybody from taking advantage of the system by training a certain way.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Interesting options, I can see fluff reasons why you could pick x type over y type in order of likelihood to catch the plague, but on the other hand I can see how doing so would easily open the system to exploitation by manipulating technologies to negate the negative impact of any plague deaths.

I would go with an even spread of infection and death, what I mean by that is by calculating the total 'death count' for a turn and then evenly distributing the number of deaths over all unit types, until that total has been reached, rather than for example taking a percentage of available units from each type (again easy to abuse).
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
JasonJay
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

"Priests are sent out for missionary work and are exposed to the diseases of the common"

"Attackers will slowly commit suicide as they realize they have left home to defend a planet where there family has slowly died of an uncontrollable disease"

"Intelligence and anti intelligence is highly stressful, and the more people to maintain covert ops over the greater the chance of stress related failures"

"Defenders die as more people are outraged at this uncontrollable plague and start mutiny"

"Mining, is just tough"
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Kill em all!

and for god sakes PLEASE kill the priests.

We need to bloody get rid of them SOMEHOW or, if we do opt for one of the "safer" priests options, then give us something to do with them. lol
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Alright! I do not see this outcome changing much.. good arguments and nice emotions to support the idea of killing everything.

^_^ That is my clear preference as well.

It is currently set to kill quite a bit per turn, fine tuning that now (looking at the UPs in play nearing the cap in order to see what would be a realistic figure). :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Okay, perfect.

Starting death when you reach the current cap (32M) will be 2500 per turn (spread across units).
That equals a 120,000 daily UP (might go higher, depending on developments). Death increases as you get further away from the cap.

I have to say, I love the rapid feedback you guys give.. I am very happy with it, as well as the suggestions that come with it! :D
HippyFool
Forum Elder

How about the plague only effects new born citizens (Untrained Units). Thus the plague simply reduces your UP.. for example:

170,000 raw UP (3,541 units per turn) and the plague kills X percent of those new units per turn so your UP becomes something like 3,541 minus 2,500 = 1,041 per turn.

The reason I say this is that I love having even numbers and it will be such a pain when a small % of units die every turn :(

If not that then whatever... it doesn't really change much, you just have to retrain a few UU each day.

Also, I take it you don't want people to get much above 37m army or so? I am guessing UP and plague will match each-other by then. I suppose I might just have to cut back to 32m and start going MS crazy :D

Oh, and could you add in like another 25 ascensions or something? :smt115 I am sick of spending money on UP!

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

'endgame' material is a different discussion, but will get my full attention as well. Patchwork for now, new things to follow. ;)

As for killing only 'newborns', cruel Hippy, just cruel. Makes little sense, too. Plague is not meant to reduce growth, but to discourage overpopulation. My first attempt at a Plague did work exactly like you describe though, simply subtracting the Plague from UP.

I will make a page where you can test Plague values at certain army setups and total pop count. :)
Mind you, currently the caps double every year.. :P
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

I thought 'endgame' was playing on main?? :-k
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Clockwork wrote:I thought 'endgame' was playing on main?? :-k
Part of it. :)

Return to “Bugs/Glitches”