Plague - feedback please

Which scenario would you like to see?

Poll ended at Mon May 13, 2013 3:12 am

Scenario 1 (less Priest deaths compared to rest)
No votes
Scenario 2 (less Priest/CI/Def deaths compared to rest)
No votes
Scenario 3 (less Priest/I/Att deaths compared to rest)
No votes
Scenario 4 (equal spread)
93%
Scenario 5 (staged, income first)
7%

Total votes: 15
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Re: Plague - feedback please

Intriguing, I need to get ascending quicker :D
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Juliette wrote:'endgame' material is a different discussion, but will get my full attention as well. Patchwork for now, new things to follow. ;)

As for killing only 'newborns', cruel Hippy, just cruel. Makes little sense, too. Plague is not meant to reduce growth, but to discourage overpopulation. My first attempt at a Plague did work exactly like you describe though, simply subtracting the Plague from UP.

I will make a page where you can test Plague values at certain army setups and total pop count. :)
Mind you, currently the caps double every year.. :P
Hmm surely it doesn't make little sense. They essentially achieve the same thing... losing 120k assorted units or getting 120k less UU each day both ends with the same size army at the end of they day. :-k

I look forward to testing plague plague values so I know how best to prepare :)

Right now it surely can't get any worse than what it currently says on my page lol.

"Plague Death in Realm!: - 85,918 unit/turn"

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Plague caps doubling every year seems a bit steep to me. This year 32M, next 64M, next 128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M(1B). In 5 years time the cap will be 1B, then get ridiculously high from then on after.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Slim87R wrote:Plague caps doubling every year seems a bit steep to me. This year 32M, next 64M, next 128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M(1B). In 5 years time the cap will be 1B, then get ridiculously high from then on after.
Quite right. Doubling was Jason's idea, but I personally believe the caps should grow with 10~25% per year, starting at the 2M from 2012. ;)

That is Trade Cap (the base value).. not Plague Cap.

ps. If I do return the values to what they 'should be' (make the game more 'even', more sensible, the way it is supposed to be).. would a 'Naq for Units' conversion be proper recompense? :)
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:Plague caps doubling every year seems a bit steep to me. This year 32M, next 64M, next 128M, 256M, 512M, 1024M(1B). In 5 years time the cap will be 1B, then get ridiculously high from then on after.
Quite right. Doubling was Jason's idea, but I personally believe the caps should grow with 10~25% per year, starting at the 2M from 2012. ;)

That is Trade Cap (the base value).. not Plague Cap.

ps. If I do return the values to what they 'should be' (make the game more 'even', more sensible, the way it is supposed to be).. would a 'Naq for Units' conversion be proper recompense? :)
I have no problem with whatever goes on there, but I can see some huge crying fits over that one.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
JasonJay
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

No naq re-compensation. Naq was gained from being passed the limit, at different degrees to be accurate. Only solution would be to work out a growth pattern for plauge, apply it in theory and only in practice when the theory passes the current cap.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

JasonJay wrote:No naq re-compensation. Naq was gained from being passed the limit, at different degrees to be accurate. Only solution would be to work out a growth pattern for plauge, apply it in theory and only in practice when the theory passes the current cap.
That would be in 5 years at the earliest. :-k I see your point, but it is not feasible.

What makes more sense in my opinion would be a reduction of the cap and consequent increase in Plague Deaths (because the further away from cap, the harder Plague hits), without any special consideration.

I will put up a page (like Sol did for APP conversion), where you can check out and play with Plague values.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
JasonJay wrote:No naq re-compensation. Naq was gained from being passed the limit, at different degrees to be accurate. Only solution would be to work out a growth pattern for plauge, apply it in theory and only in practice when the theory passes the current cap.
That would be in 5 years at the earliest. :-k I see your point, but it is not feasible.

What makes more sense in my opinion would be a reduction of the cap and consequent increase in Plague Deaths (because the further away from cap, the harder Plague hits), without any special consideration.

I will put up a page (like Sol did for APP conversion), where you can check out and play with Plague values.
Well, if you are going to revert the caps back please give us 24 hour notice so we don't mindlessly loose half our armies while being away. It gives us a chance to prepare so we wont have to face the possibility of losing a good chunk of our defenses. It is good tact to give notice of any changes anyways.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:Well, if you are going to revert the caps back please give us 24 hour notice so we don't mindlessly loose half our armies while being away. It gives us a chance to prepare so we wont have to face the possibility of losing a good chunk of our defenses. It is good tact to give notice of any changes anyways.
Interesting and disappointing to see how little trust you have in my common sense. I am not some donkey that runs into the same wall twice over, sir.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Hmm I was excited by the prospect of the current plague cap doubling to 64m!

Now you want to revert back to the old cap? :(

I suppose I am bias as I am almost 20mil units above the old plague cap...

My biggest problem with this is that currently I have very little to spend my naq on (UP or cov/AC lvls). If you cut the plague back to 16m then everyone above there loses a decent chunk of their income. These people are already struggling to afford anymore UP/cov/AC so once the income is halved it will be even harder. I feel that the game will essentially stop moving and soon everyone will just be at 16m army with nothing to do.

What I am saying is that if you cut plague back you really need to look at the costs of everything.

Hmm or you could just introduce another 25 ascensions levels and the cap wont be a problem for a few months :D

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)

Return to “Bugs/Glitches”