unit deaths on attack

But not bugs.
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: N/A
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Gilgamesh Enkidu (Old Main name)
Lubu (Current Main name)

Re: unit deaths on attack

Forum wrote:neat trick with the script :)
ascension 1 would have a lot of deaths ... 10x more than 10times ascended :)
I could also use the root of the att/def values or something, to keep it from running away when it gets big.

suggestions? now is the time, as its not yet finalized!

Yep, it all seems fine now, it's a lot more balanced and yet the attack still has to be careful about who he hits. It may need some tweaking to even it out and finalise it, but i'm sure you'll do that as time goes on. :o

My only suggestion would be to use the roots of some relevent number (like attack/defence) to stop the numbers running away at the bigger amounts. It's annoying the increase is so great, as at lower numbers the calculation seems perfect.

The only other problem I can see is massing of defence being relatively easy (at the moment it seems as quick as 3-5 attacks to kill all defence units with a reasonable attack). Not sure how you feel about this. 10% death limit may of been small before, but maybe 30% is too great. Not sure if 25% or (Or maybe even 20% in extreme cases) would be better. Will need more testing and input from others to see what is best.

Anyone else got anything to say?
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

ya i thought the 30% might have been overkill. its now 12% max defender deaths of units.
and its the root of att/def values for kill calcs now.......
btw how are weapon repairs feeling?
Don't make me use this!!!
LuBu
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: N/A
Alternate name(s): Gilgamesh Enkidu (Old Main name)
Lubu (Current Main name)

Lithium wrote:The forces of Cryofwar rush in full force, and inflict 545,930,250 damage on lithium's forces!
It was confirmed that 0 of lithium's forces fell at the hands of Cryofwar's assult.

The forces of lithium fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 171,424,000 damage on Cryofwar's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Cryofwar's troops.

there shall be some loses in both sides or im wrong :)

Borek wrote:09:01 Cryofwar 364,542,066 Naquadah stolen 15 0 0 805,616,000 1,065,581,250 details

Seems like adding the attack/defence roots has created an error, at the moment unit death count is at an constant 0-1 to both attack and defence. Really needs to be fixed as it's an annoying bug, and some people like to abuse it and farm madly lol.

As for unit death max, putting the defence down to 12% only puts it up 2% from the original 10%. :smt019 Can we all agree on an inbetween of 15% for defence, and 45% (instead of 50%) for attack :o. A the moment in this Beta an majority of people are playing defensive and it makes for a quiet game (this no death bug has picked it up a bit!).

For example I was ranked 9th in defence with 300 mil power, yet 9th in attack with only 150 mil power which shows how much defence others have relative to attack. It's an rush for the highest defence and income. It might make farming a bit more worthwhile and even gameplay out, yet attack can still lose up to 3x more so fair(45% vs 15% loss, 3:1, it can be increased/deceased if needed as time goes on)!

Weapons repairs feel fine, in fact they are cheap as anything. That isn't a bad thing, as it's nice not having to worry about spending large amounts of Naq to repair them. But it's your choice. :smt064
Last edited by LuBu on Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adapt
Forum Newbie

LuBu wrote:
Lithium wrote:The forces of Cryofwar rush in full force, and inflict 545,930,250 damage on lithium's forces!
It was confirmed that 0 of lithium's forces fell at the hands of Cryofwar's assult.

The forces of lithium fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 171,424,000 damage on Cryofwar's forces!

Borek wrote:09:01 Cryofwar 364,542,066 Naquadah stolen 15 0 0 805,616,000 1,065,581,250 details

Seems like adding the attack/defence roots has created an error, at the moment unit death count is at an constant 0-1 to both attack and defence. Really needs to be fixed as it's an annoying bug, and some people like to abuse it and farm madly lol.

As for unit death max, putting the defence down to 12% only puts it up 2% from the original 10%. :smt019 Can we all agree on an inbetween of 15% for defence, and 45% (instead of 50%) for attack :o. A the moment in this Beta an majority of people are playing defensive and it makes for a quiet game (this no death bug has picked it up a bit!).

For example I was ranked 9th in defence with 300 mil power, yet 9th in attack with only 150 mil power which shows how much defence others have relative to attack. It's amrush for the highest defence and income. It might make farming a bit more worthwhile and even gameplay out, yet attack can still lose up to 3x more so fair(45% vs 15% loss, 3:1, it can be increased/deceased if needed as time goes on)!

Weapons repairs feel fine, in fact they are cheap as anything. That isn't a bad thing, as it's nice not having to worry about spending large amounts of Naq to repair them. But it's your choice. :smt064

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Adapt
Forum Newbie

Adapt wrote:
LuBu wrote:

For example I was ranked 9th in defence with 300 mil power, yet 9th in attack with only 150 mil power which shows how much defence others have relative to attack. It's amrush for the highest defence and income. It might make farming a bit more worthwhile and even gameplay out, yet attack can still lose up to 3x more so fair(45% vs 15% loss, 3:1, it can be increased/deceased if needed as time goes on)!

The arm is in the pudding! I agree it should be fairer for attack to defence loss. Maybe 15% defence to 45% attack lose. This is totally up for speculation, anyone? ideas? whats a fair amount?

The current and entire game is only based on defence, i know for certain before i coud only really afford to do one attak a day, anymore and i wouldnt make any popuation increase. Then even then with 500 units a day id only make 200 extra a day with one attack.

Im seeing the obvious advantage at just going all defence, and i think ill follow suite. Then without attacking and having no person able to attack you, you can buid up your population, and live off your own income. After a while you have akin to what others have now 15,000 plus population, and also now youll have 1800 plus units a day.

Now you can farm anyone that is an attack account because them like me are struggling to keep population and finding it even harder to increase it. Those that think its easier to have an attack account havent had one, i know its 200 times easier to have a defencive account. Over the long run a person with a defencive account will easily take first rank.

Its easy to raise your defence up, and the fact you dont really lose any defence units whist being attacked sets you apart from the rest. You can raise your attack but you lose so many units attacking theres no point even bothering to attack.

When the server resets, if attack to defence loss doesnt change, I like most will go defencive and that will aquate to a very inactive came play indeed. Those that go attack will never get anywhere while defencive players will thrive. I coud raise my attack to 1,000,000,000 to counter current defences but id lose so many units i would end up with less than i had before, without mass raiding i can barely keep on the first page.

That says a lot.

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”