Attack turn

But not bugs.
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Attack turn

I propose that there should be a option in the preferences page whether which attack turns get used first.
Reasons for having this change:
1. people with supporter status are penalized for buying turns and not using them all right away

2. If this option does get added into the game it will allow people to be able to stock pile which turns they want and wont be forced to use the turns with the higher capacity limit. It will allow players to play by their own game style instead of one forced upon them with a low limit of Transferable turns.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Attack turn

I agree with this fully.

Just need a little tick box either on home page or in the preferences section.

Good suggestion! :smt115

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

:-k Interesting, but I am leaning towards a no at the moment.
The system is set up this way to prevent a spillover of AT's into a hypothetical AT market.

:) Prove to me that this would not lead to Main-like situations with AT's 'freely' available, and this becomes a lot more interesting. :?
Remember that tradeability of Attack Turns is one of the bigger complaints about Main.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Juliette wrote::-k Interesting, but I am leaning towards a no at the moment.
The system is set up this way to prevent a spillover of AT's into a hypothetical AT market.

:) Prove to me that this would not lead to Main-like situations with AT's 'freely' available, and this becomes a lot more interesting. :?
Remember that tradeability of Attack Turns is one of the bigger complaints about Main.

The proportionately smaller amount of players with supporter status, and overall player base in general suggests to me that this is very unlikely.

In main you have a number of things leading to "unlimited AT". The ability to use Market turns to obtain a massive amount of AT, which in turn causes many players generated turns to be sellable.
In newgrounds, a full weeks market turns returns 120 AT, while the other options can prove to be far more useful.

In main, every player who ascends instantly gets supporter status. This is 100% of the active players base, and probably as much as 50% of the inactives.. All it takes is asking a friend who doesn't play anymore to log on and send you his/her turns and you can get an instant 5k..
In newgrounds, you must spend at least 20$ on supporter status, and unless i'm missing something there is NO other way to obtain it. I have no official figures, but i'd estimate that only between 5-10% of the active playerbase has Supporter Status

In main, you have the resource black market which enables you to purchase huge quantities of tradable resources (even turns) at a time.
In newgrounds, there is no such thing.

So yeah, I can't see there being a significant attack market...
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

Well said zero. I would also like to point out people are limited to buying only 192 turns a day. Which that alone prevents newgrounds from ever being like main.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

xdjoker wrote:Well said zero. I would also like to point out people are limited to buying only 192 turns a day. Which that alone prevents newgrounds from ever being like main.
Good points, you two. I will pitch the idea, but with some apprehension (I am a believer in the Floodgate argument; we change this, and three changes later we are at a smaller-scale Main situation - all it takes is someone to suggest increasing the amount of turns transferred between players with SS; an increase in turn 'storage' cap; and a free way to SS - you may say far-fetched, I say look at Main, it happened before..).
However, you have raised good points and I believe it should be possible, and will carry that into the discussion. :)
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

I'd suggest making attack turns all together untradable.. That prevents it completely.

but that may be met with some opposition.. lol.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Z E R O wrote:I'd suggest making attack turns all together untradable.. That prevents it completely.

You think? ;) *grin* It was one of the simplification suggestions I listed with admin earlier, but he likes 'some' tradeable turns. :)
It promotes some level of cooperation, in a sense..

Still, I agree with you, might just be easier and a lot clearer. :P
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Z E R O wrote:I'd suggest making attack turns all together untradable.. That prevents it completely.

agreed
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”