PPT actions

But not bugs.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

PPT actions

Well, you cannot do anything while on PPT. I think it would be awesome if you could spy while under PPT. You are not doing anything lethal to another player, just checking how you stand. Thoughts?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: PPT actions

Aaaaand, this is in the wrong section. Mods, can you please relocate this thread? Thanks.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nope. Espionage is an act of war = banned while applied to PPT.
Treaty is very specific about that. ;)
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

But someone who is not under ppt is able to spy anyone who is on ppt. So it stands to reason that if your able to be spied upon while your on ppt. One should be able to spy back especially if they don't get caught.

Also just want to point out every country spies on each other even if they have friendly treaties they just dont get caught doing it. So if you do allow one to spy while on ppt i suggest having some risk involved. If the person spies another while on ppt and gets caught the ppt should go away seeing as they have been caught violating the terms of the treaty.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Nope. PPT is not an Earthlike treaty, it is a bonus we give you, our rules. Rules are penultimate pacifist ideal, but since you are still in the universe, you can still be seen. As soon as you commit the act of war as the Four Races (Forum&Me) define it, you lose our protection. :)

But continue discussion, interested to hear thoughts even if not inclined to change now.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

I think on PPT only your planets should be protected.

:smt025 =D>
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

Hmm... Seeing as the powers that be are all knowing when it comes to when one spies another. I suggest this then allow the account to spy others while on ppt but limit it to non military stats. That way it is not a act of war seeing as the account would not be taking any nefarious actions against anyone. They would just simply be gauging the current state of the universe.

These stats that the account would receive would be population numbers in reservists, pastors and income units. Technology levels, Ascended level, Stargate Health, Unit production, Mothership level.

All these stats that I previously listed would be common knowledge to anyone that comes and goes from said planet. Now these people that come and go are no spies but just common folk and business entrepreneurs that are traveling between the planets for various reasons(visiting family, shipping merchandise, vacation, and enjoying some of the natural wonders of said planet, etc...). These people then comment about their travels once they are home and word eventually reaches the intelligence community.
My reasons for each stat
Reservists- It is obvious to anyone in the realm if the number of homeless/jobless people are lazing around doing nothing
Pastors- They would welcome anyone into their midst to try to spread the word of their god
Income units- State of the economy of the planet would show it and how many people are living in the mining towns.
Technology Levels- Travelers would either be amazed at how technologically advanced they were or how primitive they were
Ascended Level - The higher role that their god plays in the peoples every day life seeing as the god is invoking their powers upon the people
Gate Health - Anyone would know how stable the gate is that they are about to travel through to return home
Unit Production - How many new borns/children were around
Mothership Level - Now this may be a military aspect but any business entrepreneur would know the capabilities of shipping cargo via ship or would it be better to use the stargate.

With all that said this would NOT constitute a break in the treaty that they have with the powers that be seeing as no nefarious actions would be initiated and the knowledge is plainly just out there that they are hearing these stats from their own people and not SPIES.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

You make an excellent argument Xdjoker, and I have no issue with people having the ability to spy while on PPT... but...

My question is: What is the point?

Surely not much can happen on another account in 24 or 48 hours that would warrant needing to spy them, and if they did do something crazy, they can't do anything to you 'os you are on PPT.

:-k

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

HippyFool wrote:You make an excellent argument Xdjoker, and I have no issue with people having the ability to spy while on PPT... but...

My question is: What is the point?

Surely not much can happen on another account in 24 or 48 hours that would warrant needing to spy them, and if they did do something crazy, they can't do anything to you 'os you are on PPT.

:-k

To be honest I have no idea why anyone would actually need to spy while on ppt other than to gauge where others are at. I just saw no harm in it and no reason why you shouldn't be able to. So i figured id try and help **Filtered** get this change to happen and i felt like putting up a good argument at the same time.

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”