Disciples of Aker (Alertness)
DESCENDED Timeless Ancient God of the ORI
Spoiler
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

Re: MS deaths on high / low numbers

Im losing 6 motherships to 1 of the defenders and they only have 10 mother ships and I have 1200. This really needs to be modified.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Tetrismonkey wrote:Im losing 6 motherships to 1 of the defenders and they only have 10 mother ships and I have 1200. This really needs to be modified.

Just wait until you get up to 50k motherships. Then you will be losing hundreds per hit.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Tetrismonkey wrote:Im losing 6 motherships to 1 of the defenders and they only have 10 mother ships and I have 1200. This really needs to be modified.
You lose the minimum of .5%. This does not need to be fixed. It works the way it should (same as ascended, for reference).
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
You lose the minimum of .5%. This does not need to be fixed. It works the way it should (same as ascended, for reference).

Huh? What do you mean same as ascended? Are we talking planet losses? Does this take into account you lose 50UU per lost mothership as well? I am still pretty small in ascended, but my losses attacking in that server seem pretty null in comparison to any attacking actions here in Newgrounds.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Huh? What do you mean same as ascended? Are we talking planet losses? Does this take into account you lose 50UU per lost mothership as well? I am still pretty small in ascended, but my losses attacking in that server seem pretty null in comparison to any attacking actions here in Newgrounds.
Not the numbers. The principle. :)

As for 50UU, with the average UP being as it is that is a laughable loss.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Not when you get up to bigger numbers. I lose over 10% of my UP per attack. I am over 100k UP a day, so those are some high numbers. With that I really cannot farm. I gotta pick and choose a target every once in a while. I don't farm much at the moment so for me it is not a huge deal, but if you are a farmer, you have to keep growth minimal or else soon your losses will overtake what you bring in. Especially with the raid limits. This also forces you to keep your MS count low to lower your losses as much as possible (and expenses), making it so you have to pretty much mass anyone you want to farm.
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Not when you get up to bigger numbers. I lose over 10% of my UP per attack. I am over 100k UP a day, so those are some high numbers. With that I really cannot farm. I gotta pick and choose a target every once in a while. I don't farm much at the moment so for me it is not a huge deal, but if you are a farmer, you have to keep growth minimal or else soon your losses will overtake what you bring in. Especially with the raid limits. This also forces you to keep your MS count low to lower your losses as much as possible (and expenses), making it so you have to pretty much mass anyone you want to farm.

Agreed. I disaprove of this fixed number of loses min. It should all be based upon what they have and what you have. It makes no logical sense that I will lose 6 mother ships, when combating the defender who only has 10, against 1200? Last I checked numbers almost always play in your favor when fighting. If its the min 10, treat it like as though its main, theres no defense. If you increase it by 1, then hey look theres a small and utterly useless defense.

That makes a whole hell of a lot more sense that whats already in place.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Imperius
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
ID: 96625
Alternate name(s): Apostle

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Agreed. I disaprove of this fixed number of loses min. It should all be based upon what they have and what you have. It makes no logical sense that I will lose 6 mother ships, when combating the defender who only has 10, against 1200? Last I checked numbers almost always play in your favor when fighting. If its the min 10, treat it like as though its main, theres no defense. If you increase it by 1, then hey look theres a small and utterly useless defense.

That makes a whole hell of a lot more sense that whats already in place.

Agreed.

Having a % for the sake of it, is truely dumb.

40,000 MS vs 10 MS, i shouldnt be losing 200 MS. It should be overwhelming, and i recieve 1 or 2 losess max.

Its impossible to farm, im getting penalising for investing in my MS!
"Enemies are good. Its means you have stood up for something you believed in..."

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Everyone fights, no one quits.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Here is the header of a battle I just engaged:

The army of **Filtered** stormed the realm of *********!

**Filtered** arrived in 57,000 Mothership.
They were matched by 38 Mothership (remember, each planet gets 10 MS in their Daily Planetary Defence Assignment, refreshed daily.)
A space battle ensues, destroying 4 of ********* Mothership and 285 of **Filtered**'s Mothership
**Filtered** did manage to transport their troops to the ground.

--This right here is proof enough the system does not work. 38 MS took out 285 of mine.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Slim87R wrote:Here is the header of a battle I just engaged:

The army of **Filtered** stormed the realm of *********!

**Filtered** arrived in 57,000 Mothership.
They were matched by 38 Mothership (remember, each planet gets 10 MS in their Daily Planetary Defence Assignment, refreshed daily.)
A space battle ensues, destroying 4 of ********* Mothership and 285 of **Filtered**'s Mothership
**Filtered** did manage to transport their troops to the ground.

--This right here is proof enough the system does not work. 38 MS took out 285 of mine.

ouch, 14.25k UU just for a lovely poke. ><
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

57,000 * 0.005 [or 0.5%] = 285.
The system works perfectly. You would have taken 285 MS losses whether he had 10 or 1000 MS.

You disagree with the principle. Minimum losses exist so that someone with crazy MS counts cannot go and farm the server without losses. (Free farming? Never. Gonna. Happen.)

I see the merit in having the MS take damage as opposed to them blowing up like dumb ducks in a row (as it is now), but that will require a complete overhaul of the system. I will consider it.. but this is definitely not a short term thing. It is on the wish-list; as it is not a bug, just something people disagree with. :)
Z E R O
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:57,000 * 0.005 [or 0.5%] = 285.
The system works perfectly. You would have taken 285 MS losses whether he had 10 or 1000 MS.

You disagree with the principle. Minimum losses exist so that someone with crazy MS counts cannot go and farm the server without losses. (Free farming? Never. Gonna. Happen.)

I see the merit in having the MS take damage as opposed to them blowing up like dumb ducks in a row (as it is now), but that will require a complete overhaul of the system. I will consider it.. but this is definitely not a short term thing. It is on the wish-list; as it is not a bug, just something people disagree with. :)

Jo, this is going to become a sit and bank game. Nobody well ever show agression because there is far more to be made in just sitting still.

It seems nice, and it promotes a nice and peaceful feel.. but it sure doesn't feel like gateWARS. MS's need to ether be improved so that they can compete with the silly incomes flying around, or the losses have to be drastically cut.. or else farming active players is not a feasible option whatsoever.

I'll give you an example here, let's say player A has a 100b income. He generates 4.8T naq in a day, player B decides he wants to farm them. Player A needs 20,000 MS's @ Tech 5000 (which is retardedly expensive, btw) to steal 100b in one hit, to take their daily income, you'd need to spend 720 turns, and you'd lose 5k UU every single hit you made. Provided you were lucky enough that they had next to none, or small motherships.

The funny part is, 20k MS's with 5k techs is something that just does not exist yet, though there are at least a few actives with 100b+ incomes. So yeah, keep MS's worthless and farming a lost art. That sure is one hell of a way to keep your game active, I must say. [-X #-o
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

So your point - if I read you right - is that because there are incomes that are extremely high, farming does not work. :) That makes sense to me.

So the cost of MS exceeds profitability of farming. This is not Main, blindly hitting and taking all of someone's Naquadah is not how this works, or will work. :?
Unless I am really not seeing your point, which I am trying, because I think you have one.
Z E R O
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:So your point - if I read you right - is that because there are incomes that are extremely high, farming does not work. :) That makes sense to me.

So the cost of MS exceeds profitability of farming. This is not Main, blindly hitting and taking all of someone's Naquadah is not how this works, or will work. :?
Unless I am really not seeing your point, which I am trying, because I think you have one.

The point is that farming is not an option in this game.

At all.

To clarify, you can do it, but it will only hurt your growth. It needs to be made so that farming is an option that you can take to build yourself a nice account.. With current dynamics if you try to set your account up for farming, you're going to end up miles behind those whos accounts aren't set up in that manner ;)

The fact that there are constantly people sitting out with hundreds of billions or even few trillions on the odd user. It sits off PPT because nobody can bloody take it.

Imperius the most stat heavy account in the game right now spent 5k turns to steal LESS THAN 1/2 of Hippy's daily income. There's something wrong with that.
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”