But not bugs.
Visentinel
Forum Intermediate
Race: Visacious
ID: 0

MS deaths on high / low numbers

3 good examples

Visentinel arrived in 1,141 Mothership.
They were matched by 55 Mothership (remember, each planet gets 10 MS in their Daily Planetary Defence Assignment, refreshed daily.)
A space battle ensues, destroying 5 of xxxxx Mothership and 6 of Visentinel's Mothership

Visentinel arrived in 1,147 Mothership.
They were matched by 5 Mothership (remember, each planet gets 10 MS in their Daily Planetary Defence Assignment, refreshed daily.)
A space battle ensues, destroying 1 of xxxxxx Mothership and 6 of Visentinel's Mothership

Visentinel arrived in 1,135 Mothership.
They were matched by 27 Mothership (remember, each planet gets 10 MS in their Daily Planetary Defence Assignment, refreshed daily.)
A space battle ensues, destroying 3 of xxxxxx Mothership and 6 of Visentinel's Mothership

Now

A really silly one !!

As with all battles, this one has been recorded for the official history of your realm. You, of course, are the first to know the results as they are reported directly to you first. This is the official report of the battle:

The army of xxxxxxx stormed the realm of Visentinel!
xxxxxxx arrived in 80 Mothership.
They were matched by 706 Mothership (remember, each planet gets 10 MS in their Daily Planetary Defence Assignment, refreshed daily.)
A space battle ensues, destroying 2 of Visentinel's Mothership and 4 of xxxxxxx Mothership
xxxxxx did manage to transport their troops to the ground.
The ground army consisted of:
5 Attack Bot armed as follows:

5 Attack Bot have Nano Decompiler Tower

Opposite this, stood the forces of Visentinel
Visentinel resisted the aggressors with:
706 Mothership
45,000 Defense Bot.
The units were carrying the following arsenal:

39,000 Defense Bot have Anti-Time Particle Reactor

In a fury, the two opposing forces clash!

The forces of xxxxxxxx rush in full force, and inflict 19,891,063 damage on Visentinel's forces!
It was confirmed that 1 of Visentinel's forces fell at the hands of xxxxxxx assult.

The forces of Visentinel fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict devastating damage on xxxxxx forces! So much damage, in fact, that while running away xxxxxxxx could not accurately judge the extent of the beating...
They managed to eradicate 2 of xxxxxx troops.

Putting down the chronicled battle report, you cross reference and call for the corrosponding military armory reports to see the state of your weapons after such a battle...
Your Anti-Time Particle Reactor went from strength 20,000 to 20,000 (now 20000/20000 and 0 percent damaged)

The forces of Visentinel subdued those of xxxxxxx

First of all, in no space battle i have ever heard of does a tiny army of 50 odd ships manage to kill a single ship of over a 1000 ship armada. Also in SGW the maths generally works out that the larger the difference in power the more losses the smaller army takes and the less the big army takes, unless the smaller army gets to small where as the smaller army death calculation negates the higher power.

On to the battle report now, how on any plane of existence can i loos "anything" when i was attacked with a strike power of 19,891,063 vs my 10's of billions in Def. MS calculations or not, it should not be possible to harm someone in any way unless they can at least come within 60 - 80% of your action.

edit- missed a few name spots in the battle log
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: This makes no sense

Maybe all your MS captains were drunk at the time of battle?
Visentinel
Forum Intermediate
Race: Visacious

Nah mate their all jacked up on crack :smt021
wardyward
Forum Irregular
ID: 52142

I agree on this, MS shouldnt be losing anything when attacking a much smaller fleet, I dont like how you lose at least 1 fleet per attack regardless if the enemy has any defense at all
ID 52142
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

Still nothing has been done about this problem i just finished massing someone and every battle my opponent lost 3 MS where i lost 7 MS. We are the same ascended lvl and i had originally 1.5 times the number of ships he had. This is bloody ridiculous that Juliette and jason both continue to ignore these obvious imbalanced parts of the game.

This is supposed to be a WAR GAME. But with the way things currently are i dont think anyone could really call it that. In its current state its basically build your account to see how high one can get and that's pretty much it.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Not ignoring, figuring out a way to make it work, which runs into all kinds of balancing issues.

If you have a viable solution, I would love to hear it. :D None of this 'ridiculous' talk. The issue of losses is important, but balancing it takes a lot of time and consideration.
We do not want a 1 MS player to be able to mass a 10k MS player, nor do we want a 10k MS player to mass a 100 MS player without losses; worked that way in Main for a while (with massing) and that proved even more unbalanced. You have to remember that MS do not take damage like weapons.. single hit kills.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Re: MS deaths on high / low numbers

I would say each MS should have a set damage amount. They do that amount, regardless of who they hit. A weapon will damage 1 million men armies, just not as many people. Once the for i.e. 1K points of damage per MS is done, that is it. If you have enough to destroy other person's whole MS, that sucks but so be it. Kikaz for instance massed my 3 tril defence within 1 minute taking 1/100th losses id imagine awhile back. It is part of the game. Just don't punish bigger accounts because they have taken time to build while the "farms" have not. :smt050
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer

My solution to this matter may be a little rough since i dont know the exact specifics of how yall calculate mothership loses currently but i believe it should follow the same system of the ground units where if a superior forces meets a small force. The superior one should not incur to many loses and the small force should suffer substantial loses.
Example:
In my previous massing i brought 35000 units attackers while the defense was at 8000 units. The defense lost about 250 a attack where i lost 42.
Even know i brought close to 8 times the troops i still lost a decent amount i believe it should be the same exact way for motherships

This system may not be perfect but it is still far better than the current one where if i were to bring 1500 motherships against 700 i would lose almost 10 a attack and the defense would maybe lose 3. I believe if someone has over 50 motherships they should be able to be massed down by someone larger than them without the larger person losing half his army to do so. This is a WAR game after all the weak are not supposed to be sheltered.

Also Juliette with the current handling of these issues it does seem like yall are ignoring them because when we post up a issue such as Pastors are not able to be killed, Raiding Effeciency unbalanced, How farming isnt really viable, and then how yall completely nerfed the supporter packages. There is no response at all on yalls end about if there will be anything done about it or your thoughts on the matter. Even when we do post possible solutions to these issues theres no response at all. It makes us all think that yall are just ignoring the issues instead of dealing with them
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

xdjoker wrote:My solution to this matter may be a little rough since i dont know the exact specifics of how yall calculate mothership loses currently but i believe it should follow the same system of the ground units where if a superior forces meets a small force. The superior one should not incur to many loses and the small force should suffer substantial loses.
Example:
In my previous massing i brought 35000 units attackers while the defense was at 8000 units. The defense lost about 250 a attack where i lost 42.
Even know i brought close to 8 times the troops i still lost a decent amount i believe it should be the same exact way for motherships

This system may not be perfect but it is still far better than the current one where if i were to bring 1500 motherships against 700 i would lose almost 10 a attack and the defense would maybe lose 3. I believe if someone has over 50 motherships they should be able to be massed down by someone larger than them without the larger person losing half his army to do so. This is a WAR game after all the weak are not supposed to be sheltered.
Good suggestion. :) I will discuss the balancing of such with Jason and get back to this thread with our results for another round of feedback.

xdjoker wrote:Also Juliette with the current handling of these issues it does seem like yall are ignoring them because when we post up a issue such as Pastors are not able to be killed, Raiding Effeciency unbalanced, How farming isnt really viable, and then how yall completely nerfed the supporter packages. There is no response at all on yalls end about if there will be anything done about it or your thoughts on the matter. Even when we do post possible solutions to these issues theres no response at all. It makes us all think that yall are just ignoring the issues instead of dealing with them
I get how I cause that impression, and I will try to give a better one in the future. :) I will endeavour to be more accessible and responsive to the things being said here.
SVaRuN
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Roman

Well perhaps with one small addition

Not if you attack players who are not yet on your ascended level.

This would prevent (a bit) huge players blockading the smaller ones on their way up
Quae caret ora cruore nostro?
Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

I think ms tech should have an impact loses. But if there is a big difference, the smaller tech ship should do a bit more DMG on the bigger bc it knows its a suicide attempt and it tries to take the other ship with it.

Or if there is a big difference, the smaller ship runs away and suffers minor dmg in its escape without inflicting dmg on bigger ship, since its running
I give peace for traders
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Above 1k MS, the minimum MS death rate is .5%. (Ergo 5, unless the damage the enemy does is higher than 'extremely low'.)

We have modified the calculation so that in the case of overwhelming, the enemy is brought to 10% efficiency vs. original 50%. (So while ALWAYS at least 5 MS deaths when over 1k MS, overwhelming does reduce the effective losses.)

Consider this. Motherships are not 'counted' and compared to the other guy, then 'highest number wins'; no.. the power (Asclevel&Tech*amount; model) is compared. To overwhelm your opponent, you will need to have a LOT more power (in the area of 100 vs 3000, or 50 vs 1000), at which point their efficiency (kill) is reduced to 10%.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Idea:

How about we reduce the number of MS losses a bit more and add a damage counter just like with regular weapons. This is battle here. In a battle, it doesn't make sense that some are completely destroyed and the rest don't have a scratch.... It makes sense that you would have to repair your fleet after a battle. The more MS you have over an opponent, the more damage you do to theirs and the less damage you take yourself and vice versa. A large force will take damage against a small force realistically, just not as much. Also makes sense that some MS will be lost in a battle, so I think that both elements need to be incorporated. There is an additional concept I would like to throw out. If you let your MS strength get too low without repairing them, then you suffer more losses per battle (Weakened MS are easy to destroy) and kill less of the enemy fleet. Small players could band together this way and effectively stop a massive player from going tyrannical.

I have another concept I would like to put out: Losses of units inside the MS. In a battle where you suffer heavy damage to your ships there are bound to be casualties aboard. In this case the battle report would say something along the lines of "During battle your fleet suffered XX casualties. New fleet members have been trained to replace them." And the losses would be pulled from your citizen count (If you do not have enough untrained citizens, then they get pulled from other areas at an additional cost. This makes you pay more attention to who and why you are attacking and what your current structure is). If your army is not big enough to supply the additional members required then you lose whatever ships are unmanned or they just sit somewhere (seperate counter for unmanned ships not being used).

Too many ideas, before long it would be a whole new game LOL.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

**Filtered** wrote:Idea:

How about we reduce the number of MS losses a bit more and add a damage counter just like with regular weapons. This is battle here. In a battle, it doesn't make sense that some are completely destroyed and the rest don't have a scratch.... It makes sense that you would have to repair your fleet after a battle. The more MS you have over an opponent, the more damage you do to theirs and the less damage you take yourself and vice versa. A large force will take damage against a small force realistically, just not as much. Also makes sense that some MS will be lost in a battle, so I think that both elements need to be incorporated. There is an additional concept I would like to throw out. If you let your MS strength get too low without repairing them, then you suffer more losses per battle (Weakened MS are easy to destroy) and kill less of the enemy fleet. Small players could band together this way and effectively stop a massive player from going tyrannical.

I have another concept I would like to put out: Losses of units inside the MS. In a battle where you suffer heavy damage to your ships there are bound to be casualties aboard. In this case the battle report would say something along the lines of "During battle your fleet suffered XX casualties. New fleet members have been trained to replace them." And the losses would be pulled from your citizen count (If you do not have enough untrained citizens, then they get pulled from other areas at an additional cost. This makes you pay more attention to who and why you are attacking and what your current structure is). If your army is not big enough to supply the additional members required then you lose whatever ships are unmanned or they just sit somewhere (seperate counter for unmanned ships not being used).

Too many ideas, before long it would be a whole new game LOL.

:-" :-$ :-" #-o
Imperius
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
ID: 96625
Alternate name(s): Apostle

Can something please be done about this? Its Cray Cray.

"Imperius arrived in 30,779 Mothership.
They were matched by 54 Mothership
A space battle ensues, destroying 6 of XXXXX Mothership and 154 of Imperius's Mothership"
"Enemies are good. Its means you have stood up for something you believed in..."

~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Everyone fights, no one quits.

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”