Alliance Power

But not bugs.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Alliance Power

So I thought it would be cool if we could see an individuals power level within the alliance. Thoughts?
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Re: Alliance Power

Would need an alliance page for that, like in main.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Could just add the value in the existing table.
Z E R O
Forum Addict

too revealing to the public.
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

We do not encourage the formation of alliances, and as such, there are no plans to add any alliance features in the near and later future. :) (Though never say never.)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Crappers, that would mean for me to see my own power I would have to change names for a turn. And if you don't encourage alliances, why have a race rankings page in the first place that flaunts overall power? That in itself encourages people to team up.
Z E R O
Forum Addict

Too late lol, there are alliances. :P
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:Crappers, that would mean for me to see my own power I would have to change names for a turn. And if you don't encourage alliances, why have a race rankings page in the first place that flaunts overall power? That in itself encourages people to team up.
Anyone can name themselves whatever they want; I can call myself TCC and there is nothing you can do about that, so no.. race names are only a subtle means to associate yourself with others, not an encouragement to do so. Giving alliances special features like in Main, would be. ;) I am not actively discouraging the formation of alliances, just not encouraging it. *grin*

Z E R O wrote:Too late lol, there are alliances. :P
Not a problem, glad people make friends as long as they remain friendly to the extreme newbies. See encouragement vs discouragement argument above. :P
Slim87R
Forum Expert

LOL, no one is going to be called TCC unless they are a part of us. I am not saying we will necessarily do anything about it, but others may mass someone down for taking the name of an alliance and not be a part of it.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:LOL, no one is going to be called TCC unless they are a part of us. I am not saying we will necessarily do anything about it, but others may mass someone down for taking the name of an alliance and not be a part of it.
The point still stands; if anyone wants to call themselves TCC, they can, the game will not disallow it. But some players might, just as some Sexy's will mass Aggressive's, and vice versa.. :)
The Race rankings are not meant for comparing alliances, but obviously they are going to be used like that as people associate themselves by their race. No problem, but that is as far as alliance support goes mechanics-wise.

Have to understand the difference between the game (mechanics) and the players (social dynamic); both are equally important, but as far as alliances go, that is only driven by the social dynamics. Mechanics do not (and will not in the near future) support them beyond the Race ranking feature. (Of which the original intention is different from it's current application.)

*grin* Just to clear that up.. ;)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

So, fuel to the flames then.
Edit: By adding a status to the name. That status gives people a reason to fight and limit who can have the name, fuel to the flames. This makes it not 100% a social dynamic, if there was no status to the name then it would be. It is a game dynamic due to that.
Last edited by Slim87R on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

**Filtered** wrote:So, fuel to the flames then.
Edit: By adding a status to the name. That status gives people a reason to fight and limit who can have the name, fuel to the flames. This makes it not 100% a social dynamic, if there was no status to the name then it would be. It is a game dynamic due to that.
No one can possibly prevent anyone from having any name they like. Growth under pressure (being sat on) is still quite possible (albeit slow), much like in Main.

Unless you mean you would spam them to death with messages? :P *grin*
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
**Filtered** wrote:So, fuel to the flames then.
No one can possibly prevent anyone from having any name they like. Growth under pressure (being sat on) is still quite possible (albeit slow), much like in Main.

Unless you mean you would spam them to death with messages? :P *grin*

Possible? yes. Practical? no. I know that anyone playing the game will in a heartbeat change their name if they are being sat on for that reason alone. I do not see the growth really being possible unless they are small when being sat on. If you are a decent size and someone decides they want to mass you down, well then you are not growing under pressure but slowly losing everything. Or losing what you can. If priests are still unkillable then the only thing that can't be halted is ascension progress. I guess this would depend on how much the attacker is willing to lose, because if I understand right, when you are very large you lose alot more than the defender, even with a superior force. But that is where the rest of the alliance comes in, spread out the losses. Also, I do spam messages. ALOT. :-"
xdjoker
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

I like it! who needs to attack someone when they can spam them to death with messages. Have each member of our alliance send out atleast 200 messages each to said person they will surely die!.

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”