Population

But not bugs.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Population

Sooo, I was just pointed to this:

(note: if you total population size is greater than 32,000,000 disease will surely strike your lands. Above 24,000,000 and raiding is no longer possible. Above 16,000,000 and trading/buying units no longer possible.)?>)

So everything is doubled?? I hope the soft cap formula changed or 0% efficiency would still be had @12 mil TFF. LOL

I thought you guys wouldn't be changing the cap for a very long time? I wanted to be first to hit cap but now I know the 25ers will catch me long before that.... :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Population

LOL, did not scroll down far enough and put this in the wrong general sub-forum. Can you please move this to the Newgrounds General sub-forum please mods??

:smt060 :smt060 :smt060
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Moved.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Thanks Phil.

Heh. -_- It doubled because of the year tick-over. It seems wrong.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:Thanks Phil.

LOL, what does the date have to do with pop calculation? xD
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:Thanks Phil.

LOL, what does the date have to do with pop calculation? xD
Game considers itself 2 years old. Each year it 'grows'. But that mechanic should not be in effect until year 3 or 4. :) (And it should not be doubling.)
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

too bad we all know damn well that we're going to need that number to go up far before 2 years from now...
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Z E R O wrote:too bad we all know damn well that we're going to need that number to go up far before 2 years from now...
We will cross that bridge when we come to it.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Z E R O wrote:too bad we all know damn well that we're going to need that number to go up far before 2 years from now...

I am already a good chunk of the way there. I should hit the pop cap in about 5 weeks from now.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
I am already a good chunk of the way there. I should hit the pop cap in about 5 weeks from now.
Yup. Then you hit the cap. We do not change the cap in Main each time someone reaches it, and the same is to be expected in NG.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Yup. Then you hit the cap. We do not change the cap in Main each time someone reaches it, and the same is to be expected in NG.

Well, the point I was trying to make was since I am hitting it in just 5 weeks, 2 years is too far off. Most of the active server will be maxed long before that point. I wasn't trying to advocate that you should plan the game around me. We will be seeing some huge MS counts soon.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Well, the point I was trying to make was since I am hitting it in just 5 weeks, 2 years is too far off. Most of the active server will be maxed long before that point. I wasn't trying to advocate that you should plan the game around me. We will be seeing some huge MS counts soon.
*grin* I know. Adapt and thrive, the motto goes.. when push comes to shove we can see about the caps. There are more important things that are actually bugged that need to be fixed well before that happens though. :P
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
*grin* I know. Adapt and thrive, the motto goes.. when push comes to shove we can see about the caps. There are more important things that are actually bugged that need to be fixed well before that happens though. :P

Like the messaging system (I still have people blocked BTW that I cannot unblock), transfers greater than 1 Tril naq, transfers greater than 100k UU, apparently the date/growth thing, etc. etc.

Yup, lots of work to do, good luck!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Like the messaging system (I still have people blocked BTW that I cannot unblock), transfers greater than 1 Tril naq, transfers greater than 100k UU, apparently the date/growth thing, etc. etc.

;) Thanks for that. Could you include the non-essential fixes too? :P
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Juliette wrote:

;) Thanks for that. Could you include the non-essential fixes too? :P

From what I hear MS #s are still glitched (Can't confirm myself since I am not anywhere near 0 MS), you can still buy units after 8 million TFF which according to the training page you are not supposed to... Nothing else is coming to mind right now, but I know there are some other small ones, just can't remember them right now. Sorry I couldn't be of greater help. :(

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”