Making Higgs useful for 25ers

But not bugs.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Making Higgs useful for 25ers

Just thinking out loud here. Higgs are worthless to people at level 25, but you still have to produce them for ranking purposes. So maybe we can make them useful again. Here is a couple ideas:

Make Higgs tradeable for something, maybe some perk like double attack for an hour or something. I don't know lets hear some ideas for Higgs trading that wont break the game.

Make Higgs transferable to others. Maybe in the same capacity as UU. You can only transfer the amount they are capable of generating in a day from the start of that day. It will help people ascend a little faster. Or maybe make it an arbitrary number based on level so it will still take a good while to fully ascend just not crazy long.

Use it for repair purposes when in a war. I guess that would go in the tradeable category...

Anyone else have any good ideas? Lets hear them. I now have over 1 billion Higgs and nothing to do with them. :(
JasonJay
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Making Higgs useful for 25ers

Higgs for different tier titles
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Maybe you could use higgs to buy something kinda like Demi gods on asc?
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Meechum
Forum Newbie

How about trading Higgs for:

- an extra MT
- raising the tech cap by 1000
- a free tech retrain (naq spent for current techs would go in an escrow account that is only
spendable on techs and spent before naq on hand is used)
- a power-up to the ascended account associated with the NG-Main, if there is one. This would
make up for not getting AP for 20 ascensions, though there are technical difficulties, of course.
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

A temporary tech boost sounds good
HippyFool
Forum Elder

I really love the idea of spending Higgs on increasing tech capacity.

That would be amazeballs.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

I have more eccentric ideas:

1. Use Higgs to kill/retrain your priests.

2. Use Higgs to spite another player by giving up one of your own MT to prevent another player from using an MT.

3. Use Higgs to empower ONE officer and given them a temporary bonus at the expense of your own account. (e.g. officer gets +25% defense, but you get -25%)

4. Use (a huge amount of) Higgs to attack someone who is on PPT once, but reduce your own defenses by 50% for 12 hours.

5. Use Higgs to temporarily prevent someone from attacking anyone who has not attacked them.

6. Use Higgs to double your bank size magically for as long as you accept a -10% dent to your income.

7. Use (a huge amount of) Higgs to reduce the effect of the plague temporarily (100bil higgs to reduce plague effect by 80% for 24 hours).

8. Use Higgs to build super weapons like in main (make them unrepairable)

9. Use Higgs to set up a temporary Asgard-style hologram.

10. Use Higgs to kill another player's priests.

11. Use Higgs to destroy someone else's Higgs. (The target must be on the same ascended level as you.)

12. Use Higgs to force another player to be ascended level 1 for 24 hours, but protected on PPT for those 24 hours. (for the lulz, to see their face when they log into their account and see how lowly ranked they are! NB: Target needs to be on the same ascended level as you)

13. Use Higgs to destroy a small amount of another player's AT.

14. Use a ridiculous amount of Higgs for the server to skip 1 turn. (no income, UU, AT or anything delivered)

15. Use Higgs to eliminate the Godly Tensor from your ranking calculation for 24 hours, so that you can feel good about how well you would rank if it weren't a factor.

;)
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Agapooka wrote:I have more eccentric ideas:

1. Use Higgs to kill/retrain your priests.

2. Use Higgs to spite another player by giving up one of your own MT to prevent another player from using an MT.

3. Use Higgs to empower ONE officer and given them a temporary bonus at the expense of your own account. (e.g. officer gets +25% defense, but you get -25%)

4. Use (a huge amount of) Higgs to attack someone who is on PPT once, but reduce your own defenses by 50% for 12 hours.

5. Use Higgs to temporarily prevent someone from attacking anyone who has not attacked them.

6. Use Higgs to double your bank size magically for as long as you accept a -10% dent to your income.

7. Use (a huge amount of) Higgs to reduce the effect of the plague temporarily (100bil higgs to reduce plague effect by 80% for 24 hours).

8. Use Higgs to build super weapons like in main (make them unrepairable)

9. Use Higgs to set up a temporary Asgard-style hologram.

10. Use Higgs to kill another player's priests.

11. Use Higgs to destroy someone else's Higgs. (The target must be on the same ascended level as you.)

12. Use Higgs to force another player to be ascended level 1 for 24 hours, but protected on PPT for those 24 hours. (for the lulz, to see their face when they log into their account and see how lowly ranked they are! NB: Target needs to be on the same ascended level as you)

13. Use Higgs to destroy a small amount of another player's AT.

14. Use a ridiculous amount of Higgs for the server to skip 1 turn. (no income, UU, AT or anything delivered)

15. Use Higgs to eliminate the Godly Tensor from your ranking calculation for 24 hours, so that you can feel good about how well you would rank if it weren't a factor.

;)
Well, this is certainly thinking outside the box. Some of these ideas have merit in my book and I think should be looked at. I like the super weapons idea.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Oh, ideas, I got 'em.

16. Use Higgs to implement one of Agapooka's whimsical ideas, which promises to be crazier than any of the ones mentioned so far.

;)

Also, I think that anyone should be able to use their Higgs to have special powers, but obviously it is more beneficial once they serve no alternate purpose. :P Maybe additional powers can unlocked as you ascend.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Sol
Forum Addict

Agapooka wrote: 4. Use (a huge amount of) Higgs to attack someone who is on PPT once, but reduce your own defenses by 50% for 12 hours.
I would only be against ^ that one. It would absolutely defeat the purpose of ppt, regardless of how 'hard' it is to do it.

On another note, Juliette and I have been discussing NG-ascended links/interaction.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:
Agapooka wrote: 4. Use (a huge amount of) Higgs to attack someone who is on PPT once, but reduce your own defenses by 50% for 12 hours.
I would only be against ^ that one. It would absolutely defeat the purpose of ppt, regardless of how 'hard' it is to do it.

On another note, Juliette and I have been discussing NG-ascended links/interaction.
This would be great. Sol, you should bring some of your expertise to NG!
Meechum
Forum Newbie

If out of the box & for-fun ideas have a chance...

Higgs to temporarily rename another player.

Higgs to temporarily change another players race name.

A boatload of Higgs to temporarily change another person's tech allocation (limited to the monetary value of their current techs).
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Agapooka wrote:1. Use Higgs to kill/retrain your priests.
I like this idea. Kill/retrain% could be dependent on ascension level; when untraining priests at level 1, you get 50% of your priests back as untrained.. when untraining at level 20, you get 30% of your priests back at a cost of 10 higgs per 'attempted priest', and at 25, 25%. Seems reasonable?
Agapooka wrote:2. Use Higgs to spite another player by giving up one of your own MT to prevent another player from using an MT.
Too powerful currently, but this would work after the 'fixed amounts' update (which will tie Market Naq to ascension level instead of income).
Worth considering.
Agapooka wrote:3. Use Higgs to empower ONE officer and given them a temporary bonus at the expense of your own account. (e.g. officer gets +25% defense, but you get -25%)
This is pretty interesting. Cost in Higgs could depend on Officer's Ascension level. 25% is too much (there are already enough - too many - insane stat increases through techs), but I would consider 10%.
Agapooka wrote:4. Use (a huge amount of) Higgs to attack someone who is on PPT once, but reduce your own defenses by 50% for 12 hours.
No. In a resetting game (Quantum) breaking through PPT under 'retaliatory circumstances' is fine.. but PPT should be 'safe'.
Agapooka wrote:5. Use Higgs to temporarily prevent someone from attacking anyone who has not attacked them.
Meaning if player A has not been attacked by B, he can under effect of this 'curse' not attack player B? In a game with an active war dynamic (as opposed to all accounts lumped into one big group) that could be a pretty powerful way of shutting down your enemy.. :? Fearful of abuse.
Agapooka wrote:6. Use Higgs to double your bank size magically for as long as you accept a -10% dent to your income.
Reasonable. Though I would go with a percentage increase to bank size dependent on a percentage decrease of income, up to 100% increase in bank size at a cost of 25% income, and 1M higgs per turn used (none gained, same model as Nox cost for GnR in Main, with the exception that running out of Higgs kills the bonus and restarts production).
Agapooka wrote:7. Use (a huge amount of) Higgs to reduce the effect of the plague temporarily (100bil higgs to reduce plague effect by 80% for 24 hours).
While interesting, I doubt whether this makes sense.. a 24 hour reduction in Plague is not going to be of much use, at least, none that I can see? Do elaborate. :)
Agapooka wrote:8. Use Higgs to build super weapons like in main (make them unrepairable)
Would those superweapons fit through the gate, in your idea? And what factor power are you suggesting? What costs?
Agapooka wrote:9. Use Higgs to set up a temporary Asgard-style hologram.
Yuck, holograms. -_- I will consider the mechanics.
Agapooka wrote:10. Use Higgs to kill another player's priests.
Yes, I like this. :P
Agapooka wrote:11. Use Higgs to destroy someone else's Higgs. (The target must be on the same ascended level as you.)
*grin* This would create a rather amusing dynamic if there were people who wanted to 'damage' others.
Agapooka wrote:12. Use Higgs to force another player to be ascended level 1 for 24 hours, but protected on PPT for those 24 hours. (for the lulz, to see their face when they log into their account and see how lowly ranked they are! NB: Target needs to be on the same ascended level as you)
Hmm.. I am in support of a descension mechanic, but to put someone on level 1 from wherever they are without any sort of defensive measure, crosses a line in my opinion.
Agapooka wrote:13. Use Higgs to destroy a small amount of another player's AT.
Indeed, what figures are you thinking of?
Agapooka wrote:14. Use a ridiculous amount of Higgs for the server to skip 1 turn. (no income, UU, AT or anything delivered)
No, too powerful. :)
Agapooka wrote:15. Use Higgs to eliminate the Godly Tensor from your ranking calculation for 24 hours, so that you can feel good about how well you would rank if it weren't a factor.
This is irrelevant, as income/pop/god ranks are slated be removed from overall ranking in favour of Military Experience.
Agapooka wrote:16. Use Higgs to implement one of Agapooka's whimsical ideas, which promises to be crazier than any of the ones mentioned so far.
*grin*
Meechum wrote:Higgs to temporarily rename another player.
That would disable their logging in. Too powerful. :)
Meechum wrote:Higgs to temporarily change another players race name.
Fun, that might work. :P
Meechum wrote:A boatload of Higgs to temporarily change another person's tech allocation (limited to the monetary value of their current techs).
That would be too powerful. :) You could put this in the form of a 'curse' reducing stats though, as mentioned above.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

I see you are in support of a descenion mechanic. Are we talking temporarily? Because if not, then descending somebody would be the same as deleting their account. You lose everything when you ascend again. The way NG is set up right now I think descension would be too powerful.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Slim87R wrote:I see you are in support of a descenion mechanic. Are we talking temporarily? Because if not, then descending somebody would be the same as deleting their account. You lose everything when you ascend again. The way NG is set up right now I think descension would be too powerful.
Quite right. This is why it does not show up on any radars at all.. but it might be interesting in the long term. First 'wishlist' item is making some changes to the damage model for Motherships+population, but all that is future talk. As is this entire thread. I have made Plague work properly (just need to upload), even showing how many troops of each category die in the next turn if it is applicable. Made the module that allows full control and viewing of mailblocks per user, and such. ;) (And a few more things, most of which are already in NG-Live.)

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”