Big update

But not bugs.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: Big update

If my theory is to be believed, the big update has already happened, but we happen to be in the parallel reality in which it never really materialized...
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Slim87R
Forum Expert

It was said an update would take place 2 days from now. An update is sorely needed to give some time for preparation. Please leave an update of all changes to be expected, including if you can exchange MS for compensation along with your troops. Please do not let this update hit us like a pile of bricks.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Slim87R wrote:It was said an update would take place 2 days from now.
I said: "First stage will be released Market reset after April 11th."
You will get more information later this week.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

First part is plague caps right? I see no option to exchange units or MS so I assume you mean market reset at the end of the 11th then?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Slim87R wrote:First part is plague caps right? I see no option to exchange units or MS so I assume you mean market reset at the end of the 11th then?
:? For NG, there is only one Market reset, every Monday 0:00 gametime. Hence 'after the 11th'.

Other than that, it is. :)
Meechum
Forum Newbie

Okay, it didn't happen this week. I can't say that I am that sorry since, well, I'm greedy like that. :-D

Questions:
* What kept the update from happening?
* What is the fallback plan?
* When?
*What specifically to happen?
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

The admin who cried update...

Only one update was ever necessary: make everything destroyable. This way, players are encouraged to actually play the game, instead of stocking up for some anticipated post-update economic apocalypse where the only thing rarer than naquadah is an NG player who still believes an update is going to happen.

Agapooka
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Meechum
Forum Newbie

But be prepared, the wolf finally did show up.

Bad Wolf Update (BWU) lurks somewhere in the timeline...

And, yes, I plan to call it BWU from now on. :smt047
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

And to think, I was going to build motherships last night...

If this update isn't coming (which I'm perfectly fine with btw) then wonderful. If it is coming, please stop telling us it will be one week then it isn't. Lots of people's games have been really hurt by believing that. I've been very lucky I have taken everything said with a huge grain of salt this year.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

So, another false update announcement? That sucks. I am at that point where I believe the update will just randomly hit if it does happen catching everyone off guard.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette, are you still apart of the staff? What is going on now? Did admin decide to just let the server die? No word on anything for a long time and the game server is still too broken to play...

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”