Big update

But not bugs.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Re: Plague and other caps going into effect - Market Reset N

Slim87R wrote:One thing I just thought of, the compensation for units should be competitive with the amount of naq that would be earned through the plague drop. If it is not, then there would be no reason to trade those units in. Players would opt to hold on to their units as long as possible if they got more naq that way.
Should be a minimum of something like:

(total army size x 20k income techs) x 48 x 10

e.g 10 days of max potential income.

And I am saying that as an ABSOLUTE minimum...

Actually maybe it should be more like:

(((total army size x 20k techs) /1,000,000)^2) x 48 x 5

Therefore people who worked to have massive army size actually get some kind of bonus over those with small armies.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
JasonJay
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

People who had massive armies have benefited from this already, they've had a far bigger income than most the server for much longer. So no compensation is needed as Jules is not releasing a new feature but rather fixing one.
fallen angel
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAF
Race: Forgotten
ID: 28677

JasonJay wrote:People who had massive armies have benefited from this already, they've had a far bigger income than most the server for much longer. So no compensation is needed as Jules is not releasing a new feature but rather fixing one.
everyone had a chance to go this way. and afaik those who built big armysizes were far more active than those who are going to benefit from this update (small and not really active players)
naq sold: 7 000 T[/size]
JasonJay
Forum Irregular

fallen angel wrote:
JasonJay wrote:People who had massive armies have benefited from this already, they've had a far bigger income than most the server for much longer. So no compensation is needed as Jules is not releasing a new feature but rather fixing one.
everyone had a chance to go this way. and afaik those who built big armysizes were far more active than those who are going to benefit from this update (small and not really active players)
How so? This update will make naq scarce and those with big armies could save oodles of monies and still be dominating
Meechum
Forum Newbie

To get the big armies and high income of the moment, income had to be reinvested. All of that income and the active play will, therefore, be consumed since the value of the upgrades it was spent on will be gutted. The income that can be saved before this happens hardly covers the months it took to get there.

Since the idea of making these changes is to make the server more playable and thus more active (changes that i support, btw), it is counterproductive to reward those who have actually remained active enough to at least grow their accounts with 5 cents on the dollar. The reward needs to be commensurate with the wealth/work that is being destroyed.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

[quote="Juliette"]Mothership Naquadah Carrying Capacity will be increased with a factor 10 (UU CC remains the same)/quote]

10x the current value or 10x the post-MS update nerf value (0.1% instead of 1%)?

Also, in which way will the plague cap increase? Will it increase dynamically, stay the same or be updated periodically?

Also, I need more race turns. kthx. Those should either renew by themselves (+1 per month with max 3 at a time) or be purchasable with MT. I like trying out new races, man. :smt117
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Meechum wrote:To get the big armies and high income of the moment, income had to be reinvested. All of that income and the active play will, therefore, be consumed since the value of the upgrades it was spent on will be gutted. The income that can be saved before this happens hardly covers the months it took to get there.

Since the idea of making these changes is to make the server more playable and thus more active (changes that i support, btw), it is counterproductive to reward those who have actually remained active enough to at least grow their accounts with 5 cents on the dollar. The reward needs to be commensurate with the wealth/work that is being destroyed.
But those with big armies and massive incomes have had the chance to invest in UP which is so expensive, after this update no one will be able to reach them.

That in it's self is a reward for their activity.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

how will affect MS battles???how big your total MS power against enemy must be ,so your enemy to not damage you??

agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

The plague shouldn't be an ongoing thing. It should happen randomly, for random periods of time and affect everyone above a randomly chosen army size and be randomly deadly with an equally unpredictable distribution of destruction.

For example, on November 6th, there might be a plague that affects all players with 2mil+ army size which will last 2 days and kill 5% of army size daily. 90% of the dead will be miners, 5% priests and 5% attackers.

On November 20th, there could be a different plague, lasting 8 days, affecting all players with an army size greater than 12mil. It will kill 8% of army size daily and 50% of those killed will be anticovert units, 10% will be defenders and 40% will be motherships.

The lulz are greater when events are not easily foreseen. :P

Also, vacation mode does not escape the effects of the plague, and while you do not receive UP during vacation mode, your UP will counterbalance the effects of the plague while on Vac mode.
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.

Slim87R
Forum Expert

™LoT wrote:how will affect MS battles???how big your total MS power against enemy must be ,so your enemy to not damage you??
I think the point is to make it so you cannot be invincible. That being said, the battle system mechanics need to be changed with the caps. Right now the only people who are staying are the growers due to the ineffective nature of the combat system. Takes the income away without fixing that and there will be no reason to stay at all and NG will lose most of it's active player base except the ones who are here to get their multi. Then those will leave as well. We can only wait and see.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

I know they are thinking of making being active on newgrounds essential for your multi in main to at least some extent...that will force us to keep logging in lol. Still, I don't see where farming other actives will help that much in advancing unit production levels for those of us with ridiculous up. If income is getting nerfed, the farms won't be that good...and we won't have the army to make huge ms fleets to steal lots...idk...should I just switch to 20k ms techs and see what happens lol?
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Personally I think it would be a good idea to get rid of income techs all together and increase the miners natural income producing ability. Stops bigger accounts from going income crazy without nerfing the naq on the server too much. I submitted an idea to Juliette about losses. A real simple basic one, but any ideas could be morphed into great ideas.

I highly suggest you guys submit ideas to improve the game in any aspect you think of using the forum appropriate for it. Remember, simple is key. Don't submit major game changing ideas that will take alot of work. We need to have the game fixed and stable before improvements can be made. After the game is stable would be a good time to submit game altering ideas, and they could end up being tested on the dev server.
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

Slim87R wrote:
™LoT wrote:how will affect MS battles???how big your total MS power against enemy must be ,so your enemy to not damage you??
I think the point is to make it so you cannot be invincible. That being said, the battle system mechanics need to be changed with the caps. Right now the only people who are staying are the growers due to the ineffective nature of the combat system. Takes the income away without fixing that and there will be no reason to stay at all and NG will lose most of it's active player base except the ones who are here to get their multi. Then those will leave as well. We can only wait and see.
that is bollshiet...then i will not have MS on my acc...you know...if for ex.happy can be massed by anyoane with 20k MS fleet...and you know what MS he have...what is the point to build such a MS???

Meechum
Forum Newbie

How long will we have to convert units before the plague starts eating them?
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Meechum wrote:How long will we have to convert units before the plague starts eating them?

All accounts be frozen for 2 weeks following plague. To unfreeze the account, simply log in. This will activate a counter, which will give you precisely 30 seconds to make any necessary conversions before losing 50% of the units that you have in excess of the plague limit.

Afterwards, the plague will be applied as planned.

(Wouldn't this be great?)

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”