But not bugs.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Big update

[color=gold]Juliette[/color] wrote:Because of time-pressure (due to efforts on Main and preparation for the next Quantum era; and Facebook changing the rules of app development again), these updates are postponed for 2 weeks.
I do apologise for underestimating the workload and missing the date.

Thank you; all feedback so far will be taken into account when working on the updates.
This is advance warning that the Plague will activate for NewGrounds 2 weeks from now on Monday, Market Reset; November 4th, 2013, 00:00 gametime.
In the meantime, these items will gradually become available for testing; contact me about access to Dev, you know Skype (gwjuliette), IRC (#newgrounds) or just PM me here, either or works. :)

Update summary:
4/11
Plague:
- Across the entirety of your realm (both trained and untrained units) will die if you are over the Plague cap. (As it is in Main.)
- Unit death for the next turn will be displayed on your Command Center page.
- Plague will affect all users over the Plague cap.
- Players will be able to convert units to Naquadah in a one-off conversion of their units. (As an alternative to letting the Plague chip away at your army.)

Caps:
- Plague will show its murderous rage if your armysize exceeds 8 million.
- Raiding will no longer be possible if your armysize exceeds 6 million.
- Receiving units will no longer be possible if your armysize exceeds 4 million.
- Mothership crews count towards population (50 each).

Technology:
- Income Tech will no longer provide 1% bonus per level; going to .1%. (Considering making it more powerful on lower level ascended accounts-> .5% bonus at level 1, gradually dropping to .1 at 20/25.)
- Mothership Tech will provide .1% bonus per level (cumulative with Attack/Def tech)
- Mothership Naquadah Carrying Capacity will be increased with a factor 10 (UU CC remains the same)
- Attack / Defence Tech will provide .1% bonus per level (cumulative with MS Tech for MS battles; straight on ground battles)

Battles:
- If your Motherships are incapable of breaking through your opponents fleet, no ground battle will follow.
- Blitzkrieg will require a successful MS Battle; if overpowering (att>200%def), kills anticovert, double normal priests, double defenders; quadruple normal attacker death.
- Motherships in battle, death rates to be revised (though lower MS counts make for far fairer numbers already)

Military Experience:
- Military Experience (well known from Main/Asc) comes to Newgrounds in the wake of the Plague; turns out recordkeeping is very important if your troops start dieing of Ancestors-know-what
- Sabotage / Attack / Blitzkrieg / Construct Gate / Recon / .. : all count towards losses/kills
- 'sent' resources count as losses; 'received' do NOT count as taken
- Military Experience 'as a number' will be "Value of Kills minus Value of Losses"

Messaging:
- various minor updates -> remove individual mailblocks

Security:
- various minor general security updates

Facebook:
- functional SSO (1-click sign in) for those registered through FB
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

Re: Plague and other caps going into effect - Market Reset N

i see ure update and i raise you 1 ostrich

looks good :)

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Slim87R
Forum Expert

I see that MS count will count towards your pop now. This raises an important question. If you have enough MS to cover the cap on its own do you start losing MS? This will make it so you just can't build up a crazy ms count. If this is the case, can you opt to convert MS into naq along with your units at the start that way you are not locked into having no ground forces straight from the get go?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Slim87R wrote:I see that MS count will count towards your pop now. This raises an important question. If you have enough MS to cover the cap on its own do you start losing MS? This will make it so you just can't build up a crazy ms count. If this is the case, can you opt to convert MS into naq along with your units at the start that way you are not locked into having no ground forces straight from the get go?
Yes. :) You lose them as well. This is meant to discourage exactly that, 'hiding population' by buying massive quantities of MS.
Good call, an option to include them in the conversion. Wanted to make it UU only (untrain, convert, move on..); can add a checkbox to include MS at 50 pop per. :)
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:
Slim87R wrote:I see that MS count will count towards your pop now. This raises an important question. If you have enough MS to cover the cap on its own do you start losing MS? This will make it so you just can't build up a crazy ms count. If this is the case, can you opt to convert MS into naq along with your units at the start that way you are not locked into having no ground forces straight from the get go?
Yes. :) You lose them as well. This is meant to discourage exactly that, 'hiding population' by buying massive quantities of MS.
Good call, an option to include them in the conversion. Wanted to make it UU only (untrain, convert, move on..); can add a checkbox to include MS at 50 pop per. :)
OK, good. This will put most players on even playing ground. Unfortunately this will reduce the amount of naq in the game drastically. It would be a good idea to look at miners natural naq producing ability as well as MS carrying counts since everyone will be limited to an 8 mil pop. It may not be a bad idea to have the cap set to 16 mil since most active players are already above 8 mil. This will provide some room for growth. If those numbers mentioned stay the same then it probably still will not be worth attacking for naq vs losses that will be attained. Gotta do what we can to make this a war game.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Well so much for us big income peoples haha.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Mathlord wrote:Well so much for us big income peoples haha.
Yea, hopefully there will be a naq revision somewhere in there. If not then there will be no point in attacking due to the fact that everything is so expensive now and there wouldn't be enough naq on the server to get anything. We would be stagnated with nothing to do. It is great for smaller players who may be able to catch up in a few years, but soon they would be stagnated too.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

With how expensive unit production is, there's no way for us to really push plague too far
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL
ID: 0

I find it so funny, most of us have our accounts in the main game now.

I dont play on that server anymore.

Its a very point less update, that no one will care. Unless they perfer playing this then main.

If you want to do something that will hurt NG accounts, have an update that really affects accounts that are in the main server,

For example, if u dont log on ur NG server for 5 days and farm, u lose all ur bonus on ur NG account on main.

That will hurt, have caps is too little too late.
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

thats a little extreme lol :P not everyone wants to farm on ng's but yh people do like playing ng.. thinking it will benefit main 1 day but it wont.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

What it will do is once again slow down ascensions on newgrounds so it takes longer than a month to get a multi. It will nerf all of our accounts that are bigger than the 8 mil plague amount. I guess we'll have to see how low army-wise we drop, but if the plague is as nasty as it looks, those of us that have kept playing will crash back down to it...or at least close to it. With how expensive unit production is, there's no real way for us to boost it quickly with much smaller incomes too. Still not sure if it will be valuable to farm unless income is truly completely shot. Will just have to see.
Spoiler

---
Meechum
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

With technology and game mechanics generally changing so radically, there should be an option for a one-time free tech retrain. A race change would also be appropriate, though I would be mildly surprised if anyone had used those up.
™LoT
Forum Regular
Alliance: TDD
Race: Furlings
Alternate name(s): Gods and Goddess of the Anunnaki

i look around on new updates on update server...its same s...t. you cant farm, blitz not work,and evrybodi will have 10 mil AS no matter what up you will have....so what change???

Juliette
Verified
The Queen

™LoT wrote:i look around on new updates on update server...its same s...t. you cant farm, blitz not work,and evrybodi will have 10 mil AS no matter what up you will have....so what change???
Juliette wrote:In the meantime, these items will gradually become available for testing;
Slim87R
Forum Expert

One thing I just thought of, the compensation for units should be competitive with the amount of naq that would be earned through the plague drop. If it is not, then there would be no reason to trade those units in. Players would opt to hold on to their units as long as possible if they got more naq that way.

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”