Battle System

But not bugs.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Battle System

Thought of something simple that would make farming actually possible. This would be really easy to implement:

Cut MS losses in half and add a damage element. Keep formulas the same, just cut the final number in half. Could add a plus or minus a certain percentage of loss to the final number if you want to have a random factor. Allow MS to naturally carry 10x the amount they do now and cut the giveaway factor to 10x their carrying capacity. This makes it so you can farm without nullifying growth after 2 hits. Farming needs to be profitable, and adding a damage factor will not upset the balance of halving your losses.

There needs to be naq available on the server, so cutting down the income potential by 90% probably is too much. Maybe a 50% reduction considering we will also be losing Army size due to plague (Some of us alot).

Anyone that can add or subtract to this please chime in. Remember, simple is key. We don't want to radically upset the balance of the game and potentially get it wrong.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Battle System

OK, so I just attacked someone on the dev server with a little over 1k MS and only lost 8. 8 losses for 1k MS fleet seem a little low to me but losing 350 for a 70k fleet seems a little much. I see your dilema in following the same formula you would lose 560 MS if 1k equates to 8 losses. I still think cutting losses in half across the board and adding a multiplier isn't a bad idea (MS wise). If you have 1k MS count then you are probably still relatively new and shouldn't be suffering big losses. Another option is you could get a percentage of units back when an MS is destroyed (Some escape in pods) so you just have to build more MS. That would be sort of the same as adding a damage multiplier, where you spend more naq to suffer less losses. You can also make MS construction more expensive since it is already dirt cheap. Lots of ways to balance here. Everything in this server is easily replaceable except units, so 17.5k in a single attack is just too much. Lower unit losses and raise the cost of battle in other ways. Sorry for the ramble.

Actually, probably not a bad idea to wait on increasing MS build costs since income is dropping alot. In my case I will be losing 97.5% of my income after caps take effect along with tech changing to .1% instead of 1%. That's right, I will retain 2.5% of my income, and that is if I keep nothing but miners, with no MS and no other units with 19.5k income tech.... Pretty massive change over night... :smt090

Edit: One other thing is losses could be limited to a max of the defending fleet size. When I fight a fleet of 99 MS and lose 350, that also seems a bit far fetched. Also the defending fleet lost 10 ships, which is like super ships LOL. Defending losses should have been smaller to make it so Large fleets couldn't wipe out all the smaller players this way, but the spread shouldn't be like that when a superior force attacks a much smaller one.

Return to “Balance / Labels / Features”