For discussion on balance, likes, dislikes of upcoming enhancements
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Arena bugs/discussion

Angelis~ wrote:If the arena works as such when a player joins and the match starts while they are sleeping, at school, or at work and they get destroyed and can no longer play in said match... whats the point in joining it... Or even putting it into ascended period?
Maybe start everyone phased until their first logon?
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Angelis~ wrote:
Sol wrote:As you watch Angelis retreat, a shimmer of blinding light brings you to your knees, it dissipates as fast as it was conjured taking Angelis with it, you feel their time in this realm was over.

http://ascdev.gatewars.com/arenaStats.php

Yes after I sent the message I went to sleep having to wake up in the morning and go to work.

If the arena works as such when a player joins and the match starts while they are sleeping, at school, or at work and they get destroyed and can no longer play in said match... whats the point in joining it... Or even putting it into ascended period?

If thats the case... pointless update. Got to give everyone a chance.

if all the tournements start at a random time it would be a chance to be awkward for everyone :D

should go with that ^ :-D
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hydra
Forum Grunt
Alliance: HVE
ID: 1987017

I got lucky that my sleep time fell in the time when everyone was phased.... came back after 7 hours and nothing had changed
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Julietta Putina wrote:
Angelis~ wrote:If the arena works as such when a player joins and the match starts while they are sleeping, at school, or at work and they get destroyed and can no longer play in said match... whats the point in joining it... Or even putting it into ascended period?
Maybe start everyone phased until their first logon?

I could make it so when it starts everyone is phased, and every time someone logs in they FULLY unphase (as well as having the natural un-phase from turn change), would speed a few things up.

This arena thing is quite addictive i must say.
i was sooo close to killing you as well hydra

People in the tournament are allowed more attacks in, after the user unphases due to turn change, turns are increased to 30 per turn as well + whatever the demi god brings in.

I'm considering basing the planets given to the user on the reverse calculation of the stat, so the powerups are balanced out, i.e the lower the powerup the more planets they get to accommodate for the difference in levels, down to a certain degree anyway, dont want people running around with 30 odd bill planets.

Other than that the mechanics seem ok, 2k turns to start with got me about 3-4 people phased and to a point where a few turns later i could kick them out. Not needed functionality was successfully disabled. Normal ream user was untouched. Live view works fine.

Demi-gods can still be found while playing as well i might add.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Hydra
Forum Grunt

Yes, you were, but I hung in there :P I agree on the addictive part though!

On the phasing note, it's annoying when someone gets phased, but can still send outgoings. Guild and I had you phased, sol, so we couldn't hit you, but you were still getting plenty of hits in fine on us, making you basically invincible.

To combat this, maybe make phasing like ppt, where if you're phased, you can't send any outgoings, and if you do, it breaks the phasing, or make it so the person phased can't send anything out at all?
Guild
Forum Addict

^ i think this is a good idea having time to recouperate when ohased is very helpful to launch attack from but you should be able to be hit if you can hit out :-D
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sol
Forum Addict

and then there were 4.
Ya i thought it wasnt possible to attack if you were phased, i can fix that though :razz:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Guild
Forum Addict

Sol wrote:and then there were 4.
Ya i thought it wasnt possible to attack if you were phased, i can fix that though :razz:

gd gd other than that its a very addictive game mode, very well done sol

once the turns get balanced out in the future it will be pretty cool
Spoiler
Hydra
Forum Grunt

Yes, congrats on the concept Sol, great work

The AT issue is a careful balancing act atm, making sure you can put your opponent down while not running out....maybe a higher starting limit and more AT's per turn? i know it's up to 30 per turn atm, but when it costs 20 AT's for one DM, it drains out pretty quickly
Sol
Forum Addict

im considering increasing turns, the phasing things works now, i cant attack outwards :P
I may give a few more starting turns, but it's up to the user to be strategic with what they have.

actually instead of having everyone phased at the start we could just give everyone 0 turns, the problem with everyone being phased is people can just be untouchable until there are only a handful of players left, thats if people every decided to log on...
so how about....
10 turns per turn to begin with, increasingly say 10 turns per 2 hours, up to about 60 turns per turn.
Assuming someone logs on every 12 hours, and if we assume that they log on at the very last second of the 12 hours (half a day) that leaves 4(10)+8(10)+16(10)+20(10)+24(10) turns which is 840, letting any given user take about 1 person to the grave after a turn change or two of un-phasing and being after 12 hours. After a few more turns it will peak to about 2880 turns per day.
Can't forget, there is an arena countdown, so people should know when it starts.
Also can't forget there was about 12 players, so some people were bound to go down fast and be targeted.

Also i might make it so when a user attacks they slowly unphase themselves, otherwise you will just get people massing others to hell to make phased so they cant do anything

EDIT ok unphasing can happen when a user attacks someone now.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

thats still more time they get to be invincible, although its another possibility
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Ok what i have done is:
After the tournament countdown hits 0, a button appears on the realm page allowing the people who have signed up the ability to join the tournament, after 12 hours everyone is forced to join.
The earlier you join the earlier you will gain AT's see who is where, possibly get a few kills in, and gain some much needed income.
This allows people to choose when to jump in, and giving them a small period of time to be 'invincible'.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Hydra
Forum Grunt

Makes sense, early birds get the worms
Sol
Forum Addict