Demi-Gods

For discussion on balance, likes, dislikes of upcoming enhancements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Demi-Gods

So, I have been mulling over a future change in demi-gods:

- Abilities that can be found will be approximately 44 soon (matched to 44 disabilities).
- Releasing some new demi-gods (if you wish to make some, I suppose I can give you a few quad per one you make...have to get in touch with me).
- Experience gained will be based on when the demi-god uses it's ability (so obviously it will have to be equipped).

Now I'm flipping up whether or not to implement this scenario:

- Demi's require upkeep somehow, obviously bigger/rarer they are the more upkeep they require. If you can't supply, they will disappear.
- Demi's can be descend attacked (with the player obviously repairing the demi-gods life force), although I may play this out as more of a mass attack (like the tourney) as demi-gods aren't truly ascended beings, they do however have life force.
- While the above makes them susceptible to loss, I would bump up how 'easy' it is to find demi's, increase skill level max, considering only allowing 1 to be equipped at a time - however removing the limitation of how many times you can switch per day (or just bumping it up to like 10-20 times).

Essentially this will give a wider spread to specialization and how many you can look after.

If you plan to reply, make sure you READ the posts entirety.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Re: Demi-Gods

Interesting :) Your post looks lonely Sol :smt060 So I'll toss out a few thoughts

To me, demi-gods seem a little like planets on main. In that they are additional boosts to stats, outside your standard units. On main, planet stripping is always an option in war, should you want to disrupt these bonuses. On ascended, as I understand it, you currently just have to 'live' with it. It makes sense to me, that you should be able to remove, or at the least, disable them for a time.

Presumably a semi-ascended being has to feed on LF (makes you wonder what they've been eating so far ! ). It would really make you consider whether the bonus from a demi-god was really worth having, if it would cost you per turn to keep it equipped. I guess that having x3 t3 demi gods equipped and chipping away at your LF, might make even the better accounts vulnerable to a targeted deascension, whilst at the moment, they're immune.

As to how much LF, I am guessing a % of recovery or total, is going to be better than a fixed value. Otherwise all the little guys won't get to use them :) I am guessing the mass skiver attack would need to be limited to one per 1 / 2 hours, like a mini deascension attack, otherwise it could be too powerful.

To provide an example.

A player has a x1 demi god, which can have mass skiver on it at intervals. The player's lifeforce automatically trickles to Demi God LF, per turn, and so the demi-god survives. Since the player has a lot of a reserves, when his enemy hits him deascension attacks, he has more than enough reserves remaining, and is not deascended.

A player with x3 demi gods, has them mass skiver, and his LF converts to Demi God LF every turn to help them. However, the burden of supporting 3 demi gods through several hours of mass skivering, means he is vulnerable and is deascended in 3 hits.

I am guessing such vulnerability would lead players to 'switch' Demi Gods in, as they needed. For example, equipping one with an attack or assasins bonus when you wished to mass something, and unequipping after. You'd need to consider whether that's ok with the flavour of this update, or to drop a delay in before bonus applies itself to account. Maybe the demi-god needs time to align his LF with yours when you equip him, for example.

This brings up a question, of how exactly a mass skiver on a Demi God might work. Would the players Demi God names come up on his profile, like planets on main. Would their bonuses be spyable, either through recon or god quest? On the mass skiver attack, would you be able to choose which Demi God you wish to attack, or would it attack one at random / the lowest / etc.

If the demi-god's health reaches 0, I presume he is deascended for a similar two weeks to a player? One might think that, during that process of intense disruption to his energy ( he has no physical body to tether to after all ) he might lose part or all of his experience. I.e, lose one / all tier.

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

please remove them altogether

and Caprilla, unless its changed back planet stripping on main was made impossible some time back.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Drought
Forum Expert

fem fatale wrote:please remove them altogether

and Caprilla, unless its changed back planet stripping on main was made impossible some time back.

:o ... how come ... how COME ... I agree with femme :\

tbh, I came to find the demis rather useless.

Apart from keeping my eyes open for a + turns one ... I dumped all my others ...

The % stat increase is rather futile ... generally the stats are comparable to only a few dosen million planets trained extra, and there is a downside.

Release more turn demis :D

And the idea of the demi actually costing a resource, doesnt sound appealing at all.

just my 2 cents
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Great ideas, Cap. ;) Sol, you know my thoughts on the demis.. the more RP-elements you give them, the more perfect they will be. More thinking, less mindless drone-clicking please. :-D
Sol
Forum Addict

Drought wrote:
fem fatale wrote:please remove them altogether

tbh, I came to find the demis rather useless.

Apart from keeping my eyes open for a + turns one ... I dumped all my others ...

The % stat increase is rather futile ... generally the stats are comparable to only a few dosen million planets trained extra, and there is a downside.

Release more turn demis :D

And the idea of the demi actually costing a resource, doesnt sound appealing at all.

just my 2 cents
I'll attempt to shed some light on both comments:
When it was created AJ wanted them to be semi insignificant and easily turned off (I do have a master kill switch), so players don't have to be apart of the demi-god scene to 'keep up' with the game. It's why it has always been fairly small levels, that and you can equip 3 at the same time so you can have a fairly large increase.
While I would rather it to be a dimension to the game, it's just a sideshow, as it was made to be.

So yes femme, if you ignore them, they will be practically 'turned off'.

I could have increased them, then again, no one has asked so I didn't know ;). It's the same with everything, a lot of you harbor resentment for some part of the game but I don't know you wanted it different until you start complaining about it :P, then you complain and I don't wanna change it.

As for actually getting more/better ones; read the last dot point of the first post, which I take it you didn't after I told you to read the whole damn thing.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Caprila wrote:Interesting :) Your post looks lonely Sol :smt060 So I'll toss out a few thoughts

To me, demi-gods seem a little like planets on main. In that they are additional boosts to stats, outside your standard units. On main, planet stripping is always an option in war, should you want to disrupt these bonuses. On ascended, as I understand it, you currently just have to 'live' with it. It makes sense to me, that you should be able to remove, or at the least, disable them for a time.

Presumably a semi-ascended being has to feed on LF (makes you wonder what they've been eating so far ! ). It would really make you consider whether the bonus from a demi-god was really worth having, if it would cost you per turn to keep it equipped. I guess that having x3 t3 demi gods equipped and chipping away at your LF, might make even the better accounts vulnerable to a targeted deascension, whilst at the moment, they're immune.

As to how much LF, I am guessing a % of recovery or total, is going to be better than a fixed value. Otherwise all the little guys won't get to use them :) I am guessing the mass skiver attack would need to be limited to one per 1 / 2 hours, like a mini deascension attack, otherwise it could be too powerful.

To provide an example.

A player has a x1 demi god, which can have mass skiver on it at intervals. The player's lifeforce automatically trickles to Demi God LF, per turn, and so the demi-god survives. Since the player has a lot of a reserves, when his enemy hits him deascension attacks, he has more than enough reserves remaining, and is not deascended.

A player with x3 demi gods, has them mass skiver, and his LF converts to Demi God LF every turn to help them. However, the burden of supporting 3 demi gods through several hours of mass skivering, means he is vulnerable and is deascended in 3 hits.

I am guessing such vulnerability would lead players to 'switch' Demi Gods in, as they needed. For example, equipping one with an attack or assasins bonus when you wished to mass something, and unequipping after. You'd need to consider whether that's ok with the flavour of this update, or to drop a delay in before bonus applies itself to account. Maybe the demi-god needs time to align his LF with yours when you equip him, for example.

This brings up a question, of how exactly a mass skiver on a Demi God might work. Would the players Demi God names come up on his profile, like planets on main. Would their bonuses be spyable, either through recon or god quest? On the mass skiver attack, would you be able to choose which Demi God you wish to attack, or would it attack one at random / the lowest / etc.

If the demi-god's health reaches 0, I presume he is deascended for a similar two weeks to a player? One might think that, during that process of intense disruption to his energy ( he has no physical body to tether to after all ) he might lose part or all of his experience. I.e, lose one / all tier.
long post -.-

Well that's the thing (as sort of stated above), you do 'live' with it, but what you 'live' with isn't going to completely change how you mass or farm or w.e.
But if I am going to make demi-gods a more pronounced update, then yeah, I was thinking of opting for demi's to be disabled - somehow, whether that be a complete removal or just can't be equipped for like x days. (You can suggest something different to me xD)

So...questions:

First is of course, what do they feed on, income so they can buy pies at the galactic store? Or life force, as form of IV feeding?

You sort of skipped a question and just went straight to the answer so I'll ask it anyway :P, should the demi's have a standalone recovery? Or should it sap from yours?
Should they have a simple button for 'increase recovery', which has different maximums based on their tier/skill level? Or should they have it overflow from you, or should they have it like a direct portion of yours, for instance 'I have flow level 800, therefore I can teach demi's to have a flow level of 800*20%' (so this wouldn't effect your recovery at all, your recovery just determines theirs).

We can assume this would be their only form of defence...after all a repulse won't do much, attackers can just recover too easy so no point mounting a counter-assault unless you personally do it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Caprila
Grand Master of the Inquisition
Race: Immortal

Dead topic :(

Some demi-gods are just so useful..
Ability:
Increased covert--3.13%
Decreased covert--3.13%

“Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Caprila wrote:Dead topic :(

Ability:
Increased covert--3.13%
Decreased covert--3.13%
I don't think I would ever get rid of or change that DemiGod. It is just so funny to look at.
Sol
Forum Addict

Slim87R wrote:
Caprila wrote:Dead topic :(

Ability:
Increased covert--3.13%
Decreased covert--3.13%
I don't think I would ever get rid of or change that DemiGod. It is just so funny to look at.
This should be fixed *again*, however to my knowledge everyone that has a double ability like that has the option of changing it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on upcoming Enhancements”