Sabotage %'s

For discussion on balance, likes, dislikes of upcoming enhancements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Sabotage %'s

Will change this after the tournament, but considering:

10% min deaths on a failed sab (currently based on your covert against their covert to max of half of what you sent in)
5% death normally (currently 1%)
(4% wep kill max @ 10 turns)

Destroy Military currently:
if failed 6% max death, again based on powers
if success 5.2% max death, based on powers.
(kills up to 10% @ 20 turns)
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Re: Sabotage %'s

Just curious is all but Sol in your opinion are people's COV skill lvls partially at fault here at all or is SAB genuinely unbalanced? The occasional account sales I review almost consistently have low COV skill compared to the other skills.
Sol
Forum Addict

Sniperwax wrote:Just curious is all but Sol in your opinion are people's COV skill lvls partially at fault here at all or is SAB genuinely unbalanced? The occasional account sales I review almost consistently have low COV skill compared to the other skills.
It's a bit of both really, I would probably increase assass death rate upon failed as well. But if you take a look at them both, essentially DM is about double the power of sabbing, but you loose around 4 times as much death wise.
Although what you're looking at is effectiveness against DI and/or how many planets you need to throw into covert to defend against it, not really the immediate repercussions of having your weps destroyed on you :P.

Mind you it's still a fairly... pointless move in the tourney, almost. It's good to kill dmu stashes and to be able to effectively kill off planets later (without taking too much damage), but to boot someone you need to kill their weps and planets, you have DM for planets and sab for weps, but destroy for both. In the mean time, you are racking up the persons phase meter (with sabbing being twice as fast as what it usually is).

So to some extent, it relies on people actually getting a decent cov level so they dont have to spend billions of planets for covert.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:Just curious is all but Sol in your opinion are people's COV skill lvls partially at fault here at all or is SAB genuinely unbalanced? The occasional account sales I review almost consistently have low COV skill compared to the other skills.
It's a bit of both really, I would probably increase assass death rate upon failed as well. But if you take a look at them both, essentially DM is about double the power of sabbing, but you loose around 4 times as much death wise.
Although what you're looking at is effectiveness against DI and/or how many planets you need to throw into covert to defend against it, not really the immediate repercussions of having your weps destroyed on you :P.

Mind you it's still a fairly... pointless move in the tourney, almost. It's good to kill dmu stashes and to be able to effectively kill off planets later (without taking too much damage), but to boot someone you need to kill their weps and planets, you have DM for planets and sab for weps, but destroy for both. In the mean time, you are racking up the persons phase meter (with sabbing being twice as fast as what it usually is).

So to some extent, it relies on people actually getting a decent cov level so they dont have to spend billions of planets for covert.
Perhaps this is a necessary adjustment indeed under current system. Seems awkward tho to have say 1600 COV and lose so many planets against a 1350 COV player to achieve game balance.

Would be nice to ditch the current system (weps as bank) eventually (Arena 30? lol) and perhaps use a LF one that is proportionally equal to what you lose vendoring weps. Make it a 1 TC delay meaning you can convert into DMU or cash out DMU from the LF cache but then for the remainder of the Turn you can only convert or only cash out, whichever you've already done thus far into TC. This keeps SAB as a possible (yet lol'able) strategy and adds a whole new strategy entirely.
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

Sol wrote:Will change this after the tournament, but considering:

10% min deaths on a failed sab (currently based on your covert against their covert to max of half of what you sent in)
5% death normally (currently 1%)
(4% wep kill max @ 10 turns)

Destroy Military currently:
if failed 6% max death, again based on powers
if success 5.2% max death, based on powers.
(kills up to 10% @ 20 turns)
Its hould not be like this SOL.

for assassin power you need much less planets with same lvl. Like me for example, with no demi gods, its like 2b covert planets with lvl 1521 are with power equal to 1.4b assassin planets lvl 1501.

So its 10:7 in power

If you are going to use that loose/gain rate as you wrote, make covert and assassin powers equal please.

Sabs:
With 5% death by succed sab its 100m covert planets while sending 2b (power aprox 525T at lvl 1521 and 2b planets)
DM:
With 5,2% max death by succed DM its 72,8m assassins while sending 1.4b (power aprox 538 at lvl 1501 and 1.4B planets)
RETURN of the P I R A T E

Return to “Discussion on upcoming Enhancements”