Demi-gods

For discussion on balance, likes, dislikes of upcoming enhancements
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Demi-gods

Four/five things coming up which are tied into each other:

1. I'm re-evaluating the demi-gods power (not the ability, but the strength the abilities provides) and in light of the the recent demi-god update I'll scale accordingly.

2. I'll decrease the skill level thresholds so you can increment faster (this will weigh upon #1 and vice versa).

3. Some demi abilities need some 'finishing' (e.g. max turn demi's need to be applied to tourney prizes and some other bits).

EITHER

4. A form of energy buffer will be made so that as you equip demi-gods instead of drawing energy from your stockpile, it will draw from the buffer. This buffer is filled with 24 hrs worth of energy of the demis you equip, so you will need this amount of energy to equip whatever set of demi-gods.
It won't stop you unequipping, but it will decrease/increase due to the net loss or gain depending on what you equip next.
e.g. If the next set of demis you choose uses the same amount of energy per turn (and thus has the same 24hr buffer), it would not shift.
e.g. If you unequipped everything you would lose whatever is in the buffer.
e.g. If you equipped more demis the buffer would draw out energy from your stockpile into the current buffer to match the relative worth.
After the 24 hrs - the buffer is empty if not changed- your demi's will unequip themselves.

5. I'll review the energy demi-gods use and change accordingly.

OR

4. A form of energy buffer will be made so that as you equip demi-gods instead of drawing energy from your stockpile, it will draw from the buffer. This buffer is filled with 24 hrs worth of energy of the demis you equip, so you will need this amount of energy to equip whatever set of demi-gods.
It won't stop you unequipping.
If you change your demi set up, the buffer will wipe itself and you will need to refill with the next demi's you choose. I.e. You will need 24hrs of the energy required.
After the 24 hrs - the buffer is empty - your demi's will unequip themselves.

The reason for 1/2:
Been on the todo list for awhile. Demi's have been well integrated into game-play and with the recent energy requirement they have become more of a fast strategy rather than an object synonymous with planets. It's fair to say you don't equip all of them all the time. Abilities reflected the fact people could (and did) amount a few of the same ability and perma equipped them. Though still possible, not without a fair sacrifice.
As such they will be reviewed and changed to reflect more of a temporary use. Skill levels are of course the only way to increase the ability without finding a whole new (better) demi out of pure luck. So they will be expanded out further to allow a greater range of increase that's reachable. Hopefully making it less tedious to perform one skill increase.

Reason for 3:
Self explanatory.

Reason for 4/5:
There's a few parts, the first is a 'just in case' you can't get back on your account for some unknown reason and your equipped demis eat all of your energy stockpile (which as you all know can cost many thousands of turns).
The second is to standardise energy usage. There is a massive range of abilities now, some are worth perma equipping, others barely a few seconds. A few are hard to define secondary costs like dmu or turns (and before you think it - not the weapon demi). As such either 4/5 or 4 (altered), provides necessary reinforcement. 4 (altered) will most likely be the path taken.
The other reason is that it promotes a bit of activity, causing people to log in every 24 hrs to re-equip.
The reason why I won't just increase the time between demi changes is because they still need to be fast acting.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Poofer
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE
Race: Kerbal
ID: 1932858
Alternate name(s): spart4, poofer

Re: Demi-gods

wasn't this already posted ?????
Unsterblich wrote:nah ill just close my eyes and accidently conquer it
Sol
Forum Addict

Poofer wrote:wasn't this already posted ?????
yeah....
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Poofer
Fledgling Forumer

just making sure i wasn't crazy...
Sol
Forum Addict

Poofer wrote:just making sure i wasn't crazy...
You realize there is a designated bump button at the top of the thread?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Poofer
Fledgling Forumer

except i remember people answering the thread, which this one does not have...i might be crazy...
Sol
Forum Addict

Poofer wrote:except i remember people answering the thread, which this one does not have...i might be crazy...
I don't :P that's why I bumped it. Thought people didn't see it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
reborn
Forum Elite

Instead of just making a new post for demi- gods.

I seem to have a problem with these atm, no matter what demi i have on or what action i do i only get 100 exp per 15 hit.

This use to be far more and im missing alot of exp due to this :smt010
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sol
Forum Addict

Did you read how you get exp? And what makes it increase?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
reborn
Forum Elite

Sol wrote:Did you read how you get exp? And what makes it increase?
yes sol i did

Experience is gained along with battles, it's based on quite a few variables but essentially comes down to getting more if it's a 'fair fight'. Your demis gain the same amount of experience (i.e. it wont get divided up).

So when im massing 10-20-30 and even 60quad defences and every hit only giving 100 exp, something is wrong.

You can see that in my logs that i have massed those over the last few weeks.

Im doing nothing different than before.

Im destroying defences with demis i had on before i was getting 100k per 1 hit or 15.

Now those same demis im only getting 100 per hit, doesnt matter what demi i put on what attack i do or the amount of turns i use would only give 100 exp.

100 to 100k is very noticeable.

I farm i get 100
I mass i get 100
I do a ascended hit i get 100

http://ascended.gatewars.com/battlelog. ... 8&isview=1 ...................... 12 turn attack hit.............. 100 exp gained.

http://ascended.gatewars.com/battlelog. ... 0&isview=1 ......................15 turn destroy hitting a defence thats a bit better than my strike......... 100 exp gained.

doesnt matter what demi i put on what attack ive been doing i was getting 100, hence why ive just not made any attack for a week cus its pointless.

All happened around same time i was told u turned off the exp in arena. That not anythign to do with it?
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

reborn
Forum Elite

So is this going to be fixed or not? Or its just a case of suck it up.

Cus nothign has changed apart from one hit i did other day gave 500 on a hit doing destoy.

I mean come on even when massing its always a little random numbers.

Azazel (Tier 2)

Skill level: 2
Experience:
4.62%
( 50,700 / 1,096,633)

As u can clearly see its not, everyone been going up in 100 no matter what defence i mass, if i do attack, destroy or hunt nothing changes.

If this is the way u have now planned it to be lvled then just say ive changed it, but just givign out 100 means on 4k turns ill get in 266 hits giving just 26,600k Exp. Doesnt matter if i mass or farm comes in the same.

To get from skill lvl 3 to 4 will take 5,5 mil turns.
Spoiler

Sol
Forum Addict

How much is your attack against their def? A 'fair fight' is not a 100 quad attack v 30 quad def. There is an upper limit after which you get 100 exp.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
reborn
Forum Elite

The log i gave u in the post above was my 12q strike vs their 12q def with their c/s adding about 4 extra im sure and it gave 100 exp.

That demi i showed above was on when massing 10-20-30 quad defences a few weeks ago and u will see i kept lowing my strike to match their defence within 1 quad.
I know how exp works and how to get better demis cus i spent lots of time talking it through with Am heh when i was helping him lvl his demi.

I noticed something was wrong when all my hits then started going up in 100's same day frazz told me u turned off exp in arena.
Spoiler

Sol
Forum Addict

I am looking into this, just busy with RL.
The attack logs links you sent have expired. Do you have any recent ones? Also PM your ID, I think I know what it is but I'll need to confirm.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Something else it takes into consideration is losses i.e. you can have a very similar attack vs def. but your attack could be composed of a very high attack level so your actual amount of trained planets is extremely low (i.e. unfair fight when you consider losses). Similarly, you could have super planets attacking a very week account that only has normal planets trained.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on upcoming Enhancements”