Demi-gods

For discussion on balance, likes, dislikes of upcoming enhancements
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Re: Demi-gods

Let me clear up a few things, because there seems to be some misunderstanding about how to find Demi-gods.

Firstly, attacking zero def targets is going to do diddly squat for your hopes of finding a Demi God, it's been that way for years.

Attacks made while in tournaments will do diddly squat for finding Demi's, you cannot find a Demi while in a tournament, period. (Although you can be awarded one depending on how well you do, and what type of tournament you are playing)

A number of different factors go in to deciding if an attack is eligible for finding a Demi God, note, eligible, not 'will give a request'. The simple rule is, to find Demi gods, you need to attack people with defences built. If you attack somebody who has a very similar defence power to your attack power, you will have the best chance of getting a request as the system judges you having a 'fair fight'. Note: In this case, Bigger is Better, higher the stats, more chance of requests.

You will be told if the attach was eligible, a summary is at the bottom of your attack log. Each eligible attack has a small percentage chance of resulting in a Demi request being sent to you. Each attack is a separate role, and it takes not account of the number of failed 'chances' you have already made. So, the chance 1 attack results in a Demi, is the same as 10 20 or 100 attacks (each has the same chance).

The percentage chance for finding a Demi can be affected by a number of things, firstly for each Demi God you already have (not including the self Demi) will reduce the chance of finding another. Second, you can increase the chance of finding a Demi, by building M2 stargates, the increase is slight, but it is an increase all the same.

Do not expect to find Demi's like candy, but you should expect to find at least one, for every 3k eligible attacks you make (give or take) depending on the above.

Demi's are supposed to be a little extra flavour, not massively effecting the game. Ofc there are a few exceptions, like the super weapon Demi's and the ones that grant additional turns per turn change, but 99% of them just add tiny little tweaks.

So in short, find a target with similar stats, and mass em :twisted: check your summary after each attack to make sure it's still eligible, when it's stops, find another target, rinse repeat.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Curumo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Naq Sellers Inc
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808

Clockwork, I thank you very much for the comprehensive answer. :)

It indeed clarified up a lot.

I indeed to not expect to find demis like candy but an occasional, useful one would be a welcome change.

However, I feel obliged to point out that if demis are not supposed to affect the game massively, then please change the demis that simply double weapon power in both defense and offense. Those, we can all agree, MASSIVELY impact the game, especially cause there's no raiding up there, meaning that any uu saved in combat is significant.

Again, thank you for this in-depth answer.

BR,
C

/goes off into the night, looking for a suitable victim ...
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Over 50k turns used on ppl with a defence and not small ones. Using 15 attack turns too. Keepign strike just above their defence too.

Not one request. In all those turns, not even a **Filtered** demi.

If that aint broken then something is clearly wrong.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Turkey
Forum Regular

reborn wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:38 am Over 50k turns used on ppl with a defence and not small ones. Using 15 attack turns too. Keepign strike just above their defence too.

Not one request. In all those turns, not even a **Filtered** demi.

If that aint broken then something is clearly wrong.
How many Demis do you already have? Does the chance of finding another demi reduce after each subsequent demi you recruit?
reborn
Forum Elite

8 with space for 27.

I know others with more and yet they still get them. And thats on farming 0 defences. Nothing is stated you get reduced chance if u have more.

What Sol said was on adv you should get 1 on every 4k you use. So with that being said i should of had atleast 12 by now requests.

Yet ive been massing defenecs, hunting, doign DI/DM all the ones ive counted with doing 15's and thats been over 50k and 0 demi requests.
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Turkey
Forum Regular

I got none for months then bam! 3 in 1 day. Each hit is independent from any other hit. You are just unlucky I think.

I don't want to insult you by saying to check you have accept requests on but worth checking or at least ticking it off then on again?
Sol
Forum Addict

Gentlemen, for reference, the attack and intel logs have a number at the bottom (for your excursions) that provides information on how many of the attacks and the number of turns that you have used that would be used at 'finding' a demi-god. This may provide you with better insight.
For instance, a bit of farming and a light massing yielded the following for me: 19 attacks total | 1 could find a demi-god (15 turns) | page 1 of 1.
I.e. of 19 attacks (285 turns), 1 of those attacks (15 turns) would have had a chance at finding a demi-god.
If I continued this playing style in an attempt to find a demi, to gain the probability of '1 in 4k turns to find a demi' I would have to expend 76,000 turns. This is because of 1 in 19 attacks ratio I have. i.e. of the 76,000 turns, 4000 turns would be counted towards a demi, and due to the probability I would expect to find one.
Again, remember this is a probability NOT a certainty. This means I could find one well before I use 76k turns, or find like 10 in a row when I've expended 1m turns.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Unsterblich
Forum Irregular
Alliance: SS
Race: ORI
ID: 2090

finally after 1 year and few months i got 2 demi requests and beter than nothing.
The code for finding demis is not the same to everyone as some mass bigger stats as they call undermass but still find zip. So either its made fair via code or the players will just get tired of massing and farm like majority ov the server.
For every DDE action there is an equal and opposite SS reaction.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Unsterblich wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:39 am finally after 1 year and few months i got 2 demi requests and beter than nothing.
The code for finding demis is not the same to everyone as some mass bigger stats as they call undermass but still find zip. So either its made fair via code or the players will just get tired of massing and farm like majority ov the server.
This. I mass and get massed constantly.

1,203 attacks total | 221 could find a demi-god (2445 turns) | page 1 of 41

597 files total | 280 could find a demi-god (5432 turns) | page 1 of 20

0 requests and that is just in the last 10 days. This is just my outgoing and not even my incoming attacks.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
reborn
Forum Elite

Sol wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:40 pm Gentlemen, for reference, the attack and intel logs have a number at the bottom (for your excursions) that provides information on how many of the attacks and the number of turns that you have used that would be used at 'finding' a demi-god. This may provide you with better insight.
For instance, a bit of farming and a light massing yielded the following for me: 19 attacks total | 1 could find a demi-god (15 turns) | page 1 of 1.
I.e. of 19 attacks (285 turns), 1 of those attacks (15 turns) would have had a chance at finding a demi-god.
If I continued this playing style in an attempt to find a demi, to gain the probability of '1 in 4k turns to find a demi' I would have to expend 76,000 turns. This is because of 1 in 19 attacks ratio I have. i.e. of the 76,000 turns, 4000 turns would be counted towards a demi, and due to the probability I would expect to find one.
Again, remember this is a probability NOT a certainty. This means I could find one well before I use 76k turns, or find like 10 in a row when I've expended 1m turns.

You mean stuff like this sol and been trying for months?

[Saturday, June 10, 2017 8:23 PM] Agent Smith: 399 attacks total | 97 could find a demi-god (1447 turns) | page 1 of 14
that was half way threw
575 attacks total | 264 could find a demi-god (3952 turns) | page 1 of 20

[24-Jun-17 8:45:33 PM] Agent Smith: 489 attacks total | 435 could find a demi-god (6525 turns) | page 1 of 17
[24-Jun-17 8:45:35 PM] Agent Smith: 0 demis
Spoiler

Sol
Forum Addict

yup, you've found it!
There are many other factors that are taken into account when finding a demi-god as well. Clockwork has outlined them in his post above.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
reborn
Forum Elite

Yes and what he put i already knew. And so does most of the ppl that does infact play ascended alot.

The number of demis you have does lower your chance a bit, but when you have spent so much on MK's gates were your can hold more i would expect or atleast anyone with a brain expect if you higher this your chances woudl then go up. So havign just 8 and a space for 27 that giving 19 free spaces. The chances i woudlnt expect to be any different if i had 0 and a almost 0 MK2 gates.

I was also lowering my strike when massing so it was classed as a FAIR fight.

has Clockwork pointed out too
Clockwork wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:40 am
Do not expect to find Demi's like candy, but you should expect to find at least one, for every 3k eligible attacks you make (give or take) depending on the above.

Demi's are supposed to be a little extra flavour, not massively effecting the game. Ofc there are a few exceptions, like the super weapon Demi's and the ones that grant additional turns per turn change, but 99% of them just add tiny little tweaks.
Now im not expecting them to find them like fairy dust but nothing in about 50k turns is b/s.When clock says himself about every 3k you said about every 4k, i showed above just two times of my convos of them amounts i could show lot more and have had 0 requests.

Most of all when there is some game changing demis out there like as he pointed out the super demi weapons that few ppl have. The hidden demi thats needed for ach these demis shouldnt imo be as hard as its being made out.

If we have space for 27 demis imo it shoudlnt effect the chances of any futher demis we could get that should be upto us, we can just refesh the new one or delete and old one to make room for the new one. As Clock said these r not meant to be game changing just the ones pointed out. So whats the problem?
Spoiler

hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Clockwork wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:40 am Let me clear up a few things, because there seems to be some misunderstanding about how to find Demi-gods.

Firstly, attacking zero def targets is going to do diddly squat for your hopes of finding a Demi God, it's been that way for years.
Found most of my demis in this way before sol changed it
Clockwork wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:40 am Attacks made while in tournaments will do diddly squat for finding Demi's, you cannot find a Demi while in a tournament, period. (Although you can be awarded one depending on how well you do, and what type of tournament you are playing)
I've had the butcher more times than I can count, so what.
Clockwork wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:40 am A number of different factors go in to deciding if an attack is eligible for finding a Demi God, note, eligible, not 'will give a request'. The simple rule is, to find Demi gods, you need to attack people with defences built. If you attack somebody who has a very similar defence power to your attack power, you will have the best chance of getting a request as the system judges you having a 'fair fight'. Note: In this case, Bigger is Better, higher the stats, more chance of requests.
I mass stats bigger and smaller than mine and get massed by them as well, it changes nothing about how to find them.
Clockwork wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:40 am You will be told if the attach was eligible, a summary is at the bottom of your attack log. Each eligible attack has a small percentage chance of resulting in a Demi request being sent to you. Each attack is a separate role, and it takes not account of the number of failed 'chances' you have already made. So, the chance 1 attack results in a Demi, is the same as 10 20 or 100 attacks (each has the same chance).

The percentage chance for finding a Demi can be affected by a number of things, firstly for each Demi God you already have (not including the self Demi) will reduce the chance of finding another. Second, you can increase the chance of finding a Demi, by building M2 stargates, the increase is slight, but it is an increase all the same.
I can equip 6 demis at a time, clearly I have a bunch of M2 stargates and no change.
Clockwork wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:40 am Do not expect to find Demi's like candy, but you should expect to find at least one, for every 3k eligible attacks you make (give or take) depending on the above.
You mean like that bug i pointed out before it went live that sol claimed wasn't a bug and banned me from the dev server for? finding them was broken by "fixing" it.
Clockwork wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:40 am Demi's are supposed to be a little extra flavour, not massively effecting the game. Ofc there are a few exceptions, like the super weapon Demi's and the ones that grant additional turns per turn change, but 99% of them just add tiny little tweaks.

So in short, find a target with similar stats, and mass em :twisted: check your summary after each attack to make sure it's still eligible, when it's stops, find another target, rinse repeat.
It should work that way but due to bad coding it doesn't. Plain and simple
Signature Here

hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

reborn wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:55 am Yes and what he put i already knew. And so does most of the ppl that does infact play ascended alot.

The number of demis you have does lower your chance a bit, but when you have spent so much on MK's gates were your can hold more i would expect or atleast anyone with a brain expect if you higher this your chances woudl then go up. So havign just 8 and a space for 27 that giving 19 free spaces. The chances i woudlnt expect to be any different if i had 0 and a almost 0 MK2 gates.

I was also lowering my strike when massing so it was classed as a FAIR fight.

has Clockwork pointed out too
Clockwork wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:40 am

Now im not expecting them to find them like fairy dust but nothing in about 50k turns is b/s.When clock says himself about every 3k you said about every 4k, i showed above just two times of my convos of them amounts i could show lot more and have had 0 requests.

Most of all when there is some game changing demis out there like as he pointed out the super demi weapons that few ppl have. The hidden demi thats needed for ach these demis shouldnt imo be as hard as its being made out.

If we have space for 27 demis imo it shoudlnt effect the chances of any futher demis we could get that should be upto us, we can just refesh the new one or delete and old one to make room for the new one. As Clock said these r not meant to be game changing just the ones pointed out. So whats the problem?
Never thought I'd see the day when I agree with Reborn on anything but **Filtered** is so broken that I do on this matter.
Signature Here

reborn
Forum Elite

247 could find a demi-god (3687 turns)
another 3,8k wasted 0 demis

Think ill just go back to farming till enough others see this is a problem. Cus there is 0 point atm tryign for a demi when i have plenty of space for just 1 and had 0 requests. With getting on close to 60k used on massing defences, with it being a "fair fight" .
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on upcoming Enhancements”