Ascension Power Points?! What's happening?

For discussion on balance, likes, dislikes of upcoming enhancements
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Re: Ascension Power Points?! What's happening?

frazz wrote:to me it does everyone wants the app to increased or something different to be done with it they lose it due to the turn refill

so remove turn refill the app is not lost increase the turn cap and it covers a little efor loss of turn refill for the non app players

and the reduction of turns - is to offset against the app players but there has to be a level of turns generated that doesn't go anywhere near exceeding turns of using a turn refill a middle ground in a way theres no point just removing to keep the turns so you get more over that 2 week-3 week period to me defeats the purpose

does that make more sense
Sooo.... You want people with APP to login once in a while to a full 5k turns to farm with, and the LF that would have generated.

You want the people with no APP to have reduced turns generation, so they can't farm as much.

Leaving more DMU out in the open (because it's not being farmed as much), so the people with APP can login every once in a while with the 5 K turns that have slowly generated to have a mini farm fest.

Yeah, no.

How about you wait and see what gets implemented first rather that trying to fix something that might not even be broken to begin with.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

frazz wrote: sols calc
.....Is completely wrong.

An average, is exactly that, it takes everyone and puts it into one number. Everyone. Even those that are not farming.

In reality, those that are active, are actually farming a great deal in comparison. And the "average" is brought down by the extreme low's.

So comparing the "average" in relation to APP -> LFC conversion, is not a true representation. But merely a representation that fits his argument, to refuse to change, for what ever agenda he has.

The long story short. There is poll on that thread. 81% OF THE VOTES HAVE SAID THEY WANT IT SPED UP. Ignoring the direction people want from the game, is every great games downfall. Look at world of warcraft, Blizzard wanted to make it easier and child friendly... they lost a lot of customers ( A SERIOUS LOSS ).
The same goes for a lot of other games.
The customers, the players, those using it day in day out, if you do your own thing, with your own thoughts, they will stop playing.

Gatwars is already going down the pan over the last 5 years. Pissing off players and punishing them for trying to compete... that wont fix it.

You've asked us to look at the big picture, but in all fairness, you havent provided an actual picture, on speculation on what you might do. You havent REALLY given us anything to work with in terms of THIS is what you want to do, how can we work with it or improvise it, what can we change etc.

The main problem with APP, is that you have ignored 81% of the voters, ignored valid suggestions and solutions, just because you want to ignore them. Adding new ways to spend that APP, doesnt solve the problem, it's just trying to distract us with new shiny things.

On top of that, the suggestions i have seen, seem to only be a temporary increase to something, or a small adjustment here or there. As opposed to the permanent account changing differences it currently makes (if you actually get the APP, because its not working at 1q per day at 20b planets as it was suggested).

So if you want to distract from the real issue, you might need to come up with idea's that benefit the account from the APP, in a permanent way, that is actually a benefit and not just a fresh clean shave or new nail polish.
Last edited by ~Tziki~ on Mon May 16, 2016 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

^ because a 2nd post makes the change of subject more obvious...

I have spoken to Mum,

My general outlook is that there is a simple issue that needs solving first, before you start adding new shiny things to distract away from that issue.

After that, we need more direction as to what is being proposed, what theme they are considering. What do they want to add / change.

From what i can tell, you want another reason to ascend, and another link to the ascended server as a beneficial side effect of ascending.

So is that in another form of currency? blanket bonus stats like when you first ascend (ori gets x levels in skill 1,2,3), as this only ever happened on the first ascention and was misleading to many people who believed they could choose a different race bonus each ascention to balance their accounts.

Whilst the opening thread has been left vague to inspire creation, it's also left us unsure on what exactly you wish us to direct our inspiration towards. Without knowing your initial intentions, we cant imrovise it. Nor counter propose it with alternatives.

But yes, for the main part. I'd say fix the simple issues first, then move on to the bigger changes.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

~Tziki~ wrote:^ because a 2nd post makes the change of subject more obvious...

I have spoken to Mum,

My general outlook is that there is a simple issue that needs solving first, before you start adding new shiny things to distract away from that issue.

After that, we need more direction as to what is being proposed, what theme they are considering. What do they want to add / change.

From what i can tell, you want another reason to ascend, and another link to the ascended server as a beneficial side effect of ascending.

So is that in another form of currency? blanket bonus stats like when you first ascend (ori gets x levels in skill 1,2,3), as this only ever happened on the first ascention and was misleading to many people who believed they could choose a different race bonus each ascention to balance their accounts.

Whilst the opening thread has been left vague to inspire creation, it's also left us unsure on what exactly you wish us to direct our inspiration towards. Without knowing your initial intentions, we cant imrovise it. Nor counter propose it with alternatives.

But yes, for the main part. I'd say fix the simple issues first, then move on to the bigger changes.
Wow... Double post for the win..
Spoiler
Colonel Jack Oneill
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tauri
ID: 1916485

Support wrote:I kindly urge all parties involved to refrain from the trench warfare of the "Speed up APP conversion" thread. It is a new world we are discussing.
The scope of these changes far outreaches the mere question "how fast should APP convert?", and until you grasp what new role APP and its companion resources will play, you cannot say "Oh, but APP conversion must be increased.." Nor can you, for that matter, start repeating the same administrative arguments. Move on, the paradigm is changing.

This thread is all about the big picture. Little things will require balancing, but will always need an overarching principle to guide the act of balancing.

This is a useful principle in general. Of course -hypothetically- any such instant conversion would be related to the minimum requirements in Main as opposed to the actual APP from an ascension 'over the limit'. As previously illustrated the 'overflow' from 'big' ascensions will be used to power other options/events (see OP), offering a useful 'reward' for a big ascension without directly injecting LFC/DMU.
Phobetor wrote:3. When you ascend you get 25% of total APP converted and the other 75% will leak in. This way you get a little boost but not anything crazy instead of not getting anything right away.

That option remains a choice you can make. (I'll echo Sol's caveat, "for the foreseeable future", but we have a very long term vision.)
~NyX~ wrote:what if any change is being made to the convert APP to turns on ascended?

@Frazz: No promises on the hololens avatar. [-X Kids these days..

Of topic, but SUPPORT, you sometimes even talk like Carter :smt060
frazz
Forum Irregular

Clockwork wrote:
frazz wrote:to me it does everyone wants the app to increased or something different to be done with it they lose it due to the turn refill

so remove turn refill the app is not lost increase the turn cap and it covers a little efor loss of turn refill for the non app players

and the reduction of turns - is to offset against the app players but there has to be a level of turns generated that doesn't go anywhere near exceeding turns of using a turn refill a middle ground in a way theres no point just removing to keep the turns so you get more over that 2 week-3 week period to me defeats the purpose

does that make more sense
Sooo.... You want people with APP to login once in a while to a full 5k turns to farm with, and the LF that would have generated.

You want the people with no APP to have reduced turns generation, so they can't farm as much.

Leaving more DMU out in the open (because it's not being farmed as much), so the people with APP can login every once in a while with the 5 K turns that have slowly generated to have a mini farm fest.

Yeah, no.

How about you wait and see what gets implemented first rather that trying to fix something that might not even be broken to begin with.
It's a suggestion nothing more

Instead of shooting it down why not put your own suggestion or twist to that's really what this thread is about more than anything

There's an old phrase with my own twist

good things might happen to those that wait, better things happen to those that influence their future
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

Just thought of something.

Ap... Speed it up if someone want to spend their account to make there ascended better thats fine.. Why have the people who dont sacrifice there main have just as good of an ascended account as the people who do... That is very unfair. Asfor the people who do ascend and get all that ap yes that is a hell of an upgrade but in the end it will all level out just like it always does.
Spoiler
Phobetor
Fledgling Forumer

So do we know anything about whats going to happen and when?
Spoiler
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

hey, i got a good one guys... how about we abolish that stupid 12 seconds on crit? :roll:

when that happens, i will activly play ascended... until then, im not making a coffee between every hit while playing games cos everyone on crit... 6 seconds on main is nullifying enough as it is.

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
~Dä Vinci~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅÅE
Race: I Love Lampey!
ID: 1992329
Alternate name(s): ~Tom~, Andy, Field marshall, ETL, Huxley, rudy, borek, rocky, C2, bruno, harsasnails, robe, R8, couzens, Lord Katsumoto, Da reno, The Queen of england, and a pineapple but only on sundays.
Location: In Side Daku While playing on multis and useing my scripts

teesdale wrote:hey, i got a good one guys... how about we abolish that stupid 12 seconds on crit? :roll:

when that happens, i will activly play ascended... until then, im not making a coffee between every hit while playing games cos everyone on crit... 6 seconds on main is nullifying enough as it is.

+1 and the refresh thing that keeps kicking me out, don't tell me to use another browser.

Matt: I like men, especially when they are bent over in the shower.

Trade Feedback
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

teesdale wrote:hey, i got a good one guys... how about we abolish that stupid 12 seconds on crit? :roll:

lest i knew it was 5 on main and 15 on ascended and yeah i complained about that ages ago but noone gets done :D the only thing u can do to avoid that **Filtered** is to mass 5 or so noobs at once
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

readers digest version wanted.

so what happens to APP now with the 2 new ascended levels, ie how can I use what I gain from ascending to build my ascended account as the button only gives convert all to turns?
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Same as before, you either choose to convert it all for 4K turns or you choose to let it slowly convert to LFC over time.

Atleast until APP 2.0 is implemented.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Clockwork wrote:Same as before, you either choose to convert it all for 4K turns or you choose to let it slowly convert to LFC over time.

Atleast until APP 2.0 is implemented.
well that sucks, I haven't ascended an account in forever I just assumed the turn option applied when you got to the last level which was unknown.
used to be you ascended got points and used those to boost your ascended account. :smt089
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

lol thats was like 100 years BC :D and now its 2000+ AD and we have this crap version forever :D u just need to come after couple years and boost yoru account then
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “Discussion on upcoming Enhancements”