Jack Oneil ID 19909

for reports on suspect feeders, and to discuss existing bans.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Jack Oneil ID 19909

So this is what happens while I was grabbing a few beers? :roll:

You took 9 hits worth of naq. I wanted that + 50% more back. That's 13 hits worth of naq. Bare in mind, I'd have to hit you and use the ATs and thus that'd be already 10 hits. Repairs and stuff? Another hit. We are at 11 hits of inactive targets now. Wow, I'd profit 20 ATs worth, it really makes a huge difference :)

But anyway, like Arty said, if you had the guts and told me to **Filtered** off, I would've at least had some respect for you. You would be out of your league, but you would have some dignity. Trying to use lame excuses such as this one - how could anyone respect someone like that?
Like he said, had you returned the naq and costs, this whole story would have been finished. It would have cost you 1.8b. Instead, I already sabbed 10b-ish worth of weapons and I am not done with you, not by far. You opening this topic only serves as a further incentive for me to continue making damage to you and your buddies. Everything combined, about 17b worth of damage has been done.

Better get used to it.

On a side note: yes, if I asked for an insane amount of naq as a sort of reparation, I could see how it could be seen as feeding. But 2 hits more than the actual naq taken including the costs (damages when taken and retaken, the cost of retaking), is hardly a huge difference. Not to mention most of the new players have no idea what feeding actually looked like, when a player got thousands of ATs worth of resources by being fed in a single strike. Yes, that's what used to happen.

EDIT: Also, don't try to portray that message about what Q is about as me saying it. It was not sent by me.

~Jack
Last edited by Neimenljivi on Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Moriarty wrote:
TheLost wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
Bloodkiller wrote:
Moriarty wrote:
Bloodkiller wrote:People do mass each other in Q but we mostly mass cheats and players that piss us off.
Wouldn't this be a case in which a player was pissed off???
Yes but he ask for the naq back. Instead of just taking it. Q is about taking what you want when you can take it.
Is there not a Brokering system, or a way to "donate" like there is in Main? I just don't know anything really about Q
Ah so someone getting into Q that doesn't play.

1. No brokering system
2. no direct trading
3. there is a Server Donate of SS and USS, but that between you and admin
4. On the base page it has this
Note: In Quantum, feeding is illegal.
which is a tooltop that states
"Feeding is defined as giving your resources to other accounts ... one does not GIVE here, ones TAKES. If you purposefully give (via getting them to attack you while holding all currency in the open, or otherwise"

While most have told me that if he had asked for 1:1 back and I gave it to them. Noone would care, however since he added 50% to it he crossed a line
Based on the tooltip what he is asking for is illegal and is banable for 24 hours.
I can see more of your point now Lost, but still side with Haz and Jack. And for the record, I did submit for a password for this era of Q and have yet to hear back from the admins... Juilette (sp) or whoever is running that section. :smt089
Ok this is the first I've heard about you in Q, so send me a PM and I'll look into it. Any other users who have registered in Quantum and haven't received their password are welcome to do the same.

For the record, I am currently looking into whether the feeding rule requires redefining or clarification, or whether it is best left as it is. Nothing is set in stone yet.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Neimenljivi wrote:So this is what happens while I was grabbing a few beers? :roll:

You took 9 hits worth of naq. I wanted that + 50% more back. That's 13 hits worth of naq. Bare in mind, I'd have to hit you and use the ATs and thus that'd be already 13 hits. Repairs and stuff? Another hit. We are at 11 hits of inactive targets now. Wow, I'd profit 20 ATs worth, it really makes a huge difference :)

But anyway, like Arty said, if you had the guts and told me to **Filtered** off, I would've at least had some respect for you. You would be out of your league, but you would have some dignity. Trying to use lame excuses such as this one - how could anyone respect someone like that?
Like he said, had you returned the naq and costs, this whole story would have been finished. It would have cost you 1.8b. Instead, I already sabbed 10b-ish worth of weapons and I am not done with you, not by far. You opening this topic only serves as a further incentive for me to continue making damage to you and your buddies. Everything combined, about 17b worth of damage has been done.

Better get used to it.

On a side note: yes, if I asked for an insane amount of naq as a sort of reparation, I could see how it could be seen as feeding. But 2 hits more than the actual naq taken including the costs (damages when taken and retaken, the cost of retaking), is hardly a huge difference. Not to mention most of the new players have no idea what feeding actually looked like, when a player got thousands of ATs worth of resources by being fed in a single strike. Yes, that's what used to happen.

EDIT: Also, don't try to portray that message about what Q is about as me saying it. It was not sent by me.

~Jack
So your saying this message doesn't tell you to bugger off?
[spoiler]User: TheEnd

Subject:

Message text:

sorry I can\'t that would be feeding, and that is against the rules.

reply delete save Blacklist Sender[/spoiler]

The reason for the post was reporting of the rule that defines feeding. If it had said something about giving naq back then no post here. Sorry if you don't like being reported for encouraging cheating under the defined rule of feeding. Now that Haz has given a response saying that the defined rule is incorrect and it is allowed. I am sure I can find a way to abuse it, and as long as the story stays the same and to what has happened here nothing can be done about it.

How can I be out of my league if you have never played with me?

To clear up about what Q is, that wasn't you. That was another player. I never said it was you, if it was a message from you I would have left ya name in it. Sorry if that is how it was taken.

As for the feeding that used to happen, I do know. I looked back over the forums here to see what you all ramble about. That doesn't change anything about what is defined as feeding and what isn't.

As for the total of resources lost so far this era I think I am at around 14b.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

No, the current rule stands. But that still means that Neimenljivi has not broken any rules.

I have said that I am reviewing the rule, as to whether it requires redefinition and clarification, but until that happens, the current rule still applies.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Haz wrote:No, the current rule stands. But that still means that Neimenljivi has not broken any rules.

I have said that I am reviewing the rule, as to whether it requires redefinition and clarification, but until that happens, the current rule still applies.
I never said he had broken the rule.
I posted to show he was intending it to be broken.
If we had done what he wanted would we have gotten a 24 hour ban?
Which btw a 24 hour ban does do much if the person keeps the resources.(I haven't seen anything about anyone losing them)
Ronon Dex
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Divine

I think to keep things clear it would be in everyone's best interests to keep the rule as it is. I think any kind of way around the rule is just going to be abused.

Yes Jack had every right to ask what he asked, it has been part of the game since way way back, but i think if you start to let people do things like that in Quantum then its just gonna cause more problems then its worth. I think its too close to crossing the line with the rules that the difference just cant be made.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

No, that message was a weak excuse why you seemingly couldn't pay back, it wasn't something a standup person would say.
And for the last time, I wasn't encouraging cheating :roll: Do you think I care whether I get that naq back or get another mass target for me? It doesn't matter to me. You took 1.2b and lost 10b worth of stuff. Your buddies lost another 7-8b worth of stuff, well actually close to 13b worth of stuff now. I gave you a chance to give me back what you took including the costs. 50% more would have been unreasonable if that meant 1000 ATs worth of naq more. However, when it means 40 ATs worth more and when you deduce the cost of retaking, 10 ATs, and the repairs, 10 ATs, that leaves with 20 ATs more naq. Hardly something huge, don't you agree?

How can you be? Because you are :smt081 Q isn't main. Experience in main counts for very little in Q.

What Haz means is that even if you had given me the naq back, I wouldn't have broken any rules and nor would you. Game cops are in place to ensure there can't be any abusing because they look at case to case basis. If you took 2k ATs worth of naq from me and I demanded 2k ATs worth + 50% more, yes, that would have gotten both of us banned. If the 2 hit surplus was happening constantly, yes, that would have gotten both of us banned. Try and abuse the system and you will get banned, game cops are there to make sure you can't abuse it. Is that understandable?

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Neimenljivi wrote:No, that message was a weak excuse why you seemingly couldn't pay back, it wasn't something a standup person would say.
And for the last time, I wasn't encouraging cheating :roll: Do you think I care whether I get that naq back or get another mass target for me? It doesn't matter to me. You took 1.2b and lost 10b worth of stuff. Your buddies lost another 7-8b worth of stuff, well actually close to 13b worth of stuff now. I gave you a chance to give me back what you took including the costs. 50% more would have been unreasonable if that meant 1000 ATs worth of naq more. However, when it means 40 ATs worth more and when you deduce the cost of retaking, 10 ATs, and the repairs, 10 ATs, that leaves with 20 ATs more naq. Hardly something huge, don't you agree?

How can you be? Because you are :smt081 Q isn't main. Experience in main counts for very little in Q.

What Haz means is that even if you had given me the naq back, I wouldn't have broken any rules and nor would you. Game cops are in place to ensure there can't be any abusing because they look at case to case basis. If you took 2k ATs worth of naq from me and I demanded 2k ATs worth + 50% more, yes, that would have gotten both of us banned. If the 2 hit surplus was happening constantly, yes, that would have gotten both of us banned. Try and abuse the system and you will get banned, game cops are there to make sure you can't abuse it. Is that understandable?

~Jack
No matter how you try to word it, by the defined rules it would still be cheating. Haz just opened the door for people to walk through it that is all.
I can see this is going no where so its all good. You enjoy clearing my stuff. I have already moved on and kept going on things I was working on.
As for whoever else your hitting no one in my allinace was hit so I do not know who your talking about. Noone has messaged me about being hit.

I have gotten messages saying that they feel it would have been feeding. So Here is how I feel about you taking me on :smt050
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

TheLost wrote: So your saying this message doesn't tell you to bugger off?
[spoiler]User: TheEnd

Subject:

Message text:

sorry I can\'t that would be feeding, and that is against the rules.

reply delete save Blacklist Sender[/spoiler]
It really does not tell him to do anything, except explain your fear and inability to defend yourself.

:smt042
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Spot on, nostra :)

Oh, it wasn't just current alliance members that I've visited one way or another ;)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

So you good now?

Did you sab again? Someone hit me again but when I was looking your stats didn't change.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

I was barely at home for the past couple of days. I might have, I was drunk so I don't particularly remember. But you and I good? Are you kidding me? You think I forget stuff after a couple of sabs?

PS: You took a chicken way out by polarizing me, but a smart one.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Neimenljivi wrote:I was barely at home for the past couple of days. I might have, I was drunk so I don't particularly remember. But you and I good? Are you kidding me? You think I forget stuff after a couple of sabs?

PS: You took a chicken way out by polarizing me, but a smart one.

~Jack
As long as you had a safe and fun time we can forget about the drunk part. Was it for an occasion?
I had planned something for return but decided I didnt want to wait and just did it.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Yup, 3 buddies, 2 of which are my drummer's cousins, who are in a band that we've often had gigs along with, celebrated their birthdays.

Well it was a smart move on your part ;)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Ras al Ghul
Forum Irregular

Neimenljivi wrote:Yup, 3 buddies, 2 of which are my drummer's cousins, who are in a band that we've often had gigs along with, celebrated their birthdays.

Well it was a smart move on your part ;)

~Jack
Sweet deal

meh not what I wanted but why drag this on longer then we have to.

Return to “Game Cop Section”