Skyrim

A place to chat about console and PC video games.

Rule Reminder: Section 7: Advertising
Advertising of non-"Kingdom Games" games is prohibited. This only relates to games that could be seen as being in competition with the SGW franchise.
Sadow
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~LeafVillage~
Race: Shinigami
ID: 109002

Re: Skyrim

ok, so got and played dawnguard. :smt047

It seems as though I am finished the main questline for it, but new quests and whatnot are still around. Took me almost 9 hours to finish the main quest. Its very interesting, and although it remains on the 3-day thing, it makes it easier to handle by introducing "blood potions" which heal Vampires 100 health and is equivalent to feeding.

Comes with a new Dragon-type, new weapons, armour, companions, shouts, spells and a fair bit of new locations throughout Skyrim.
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." - Joshua Graham
My Trade Feedback
Darth Optimus
Forum Expert
Race: Ancient
ID: 0

Hey Shadow are you able to recover crossbow bolts from dead bodies. Like you can with arrows. I hope so since I heard you have to make the bolts.
Sadow
Forum Irregular

Darth Optimus wrote:Hey Shadow are you able to recover crossbow bolts from dead bodies. Like you can with arrows. I hope so since I heard you have to make the bolts.

You can. Like arrows its not all the time, but you can. I am not sure if you have to make bolts. They are easy enough to find throughout play.
"I don't enjoy killing, but when done righteously, it's just a chore, like any other." - Joshua Graham
My Trade Feedback
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

We'd guess the mechanics behind crossbow bolts are just like another form of arrow, with a simple change for appearance and in the system tags for "compatible weapons". There's no real reason to write a completely new system for something as similar as bolts and arrows...

No doubt arrows have a system setting "requires bow" or similar, so it should be simple enough to copy some arrow type and change that to "requires crossbow"...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Sadow
Forum Irregular

Zeratul wrote:We'd guess the mechanics behind crossbow bolts are just like another form of arrow, with a simple change for appearance and in the system tags for "compatible weapons". There's no real reason to write a completely new system for something as similar as bolts and arrows...

No doubt arrows have a system setting "requires bow" or similar, so it should be simple enough to copy some arrow type and change that to "requires crossbow"...

Its a possibility. I dont play PC. Its also probably not that simple.

I do know the crossbow like the bow(s) has quite a range, but until i play a bit more, i can i say if i can make them, nor anything for them.
My Trade Feedback
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Indeed. probably a bit more complex, but we don't know the sort of language used in the game coding, which would basically be the same be it for computer or console... Its the interface that changes, not the background code...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Sadow
Forum Irregular

Sometimes it takes to long to bring my level up. I am doing smithing late yet again, but the skills just dont seem to come as fast as they used to, even on my other Character (argonian), it seems i level up faster than a breton character.
My Trade Feedback

Return to “VG Expo”