Tom clancy's endwar

A place to chat about console and PC video games.

Rule Reminder: Section 7: Advertising
Advertising of non-"Kingdom Games" games is prohibited. This only relates to games that could be seen as being in competition with the SGW franchise.
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

Tom clancy's endwar

Does anyone have this rts for Xbox? U can get the demo from marketplace and its pretty cool. Im picking up the game today from GameStop cuz it's like $4 used. I like the demo and want to play some people. It's a neat voiced controlled war strategy but the voice control actually works good!
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Tom clancy's endwar

Tried it, liked it, but not enough to buy it (yet). :)
Still playing Torchlight 2 and Civilization 5 at the moment.

Probably going to buy this or some other game (Carrier Command or R.A.W.) when I finish TL.
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

Have it, its awesome! :D

Few cons though,

Lack of units (Variety)
Lack of units (Quantity)
And the fact that there's no free roam camera :smt090

Still a good game, its nice for a game to not just be USA Vs The eastern world :-D
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

:shock: add me and we can play together later. d0c h0lliday316
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Juliette wrote:Tried it, liked it, but not enough to buy it (yet). :)

Probably going to buy this or some other game (Carrier Command or R.A.W.) when I finish TL.

Do you not find Civilisation very shiny but incredibly juvenile?
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we thought civ was fun for a while, but after about 1.5 game, we got tired.

it had potential to be great, but then it failed at it...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Shogun 2, the only strategy game worth while right now.
Bias Admin colour
~Desert Phantom~
Forum Regular
Race: System Lord
ID: 42235

@Doc - gonna try it now
@Semper - Civ is good but i agree, its almost like your kid that did something wrong
@Ashu - the original Shogun was awesome gonna have to try Shogun 2
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Semper wrote:

Yes, the franchise was ruined by moneygrabbing morons. :) I do prefer the relative complexity of Hearts of Iron III for instance.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Juliette wrote:
Semper wrote:

Yes, the franchise was ruined by moneygrabbing morons. :) I do prefer the relative complexity of Hearts of Iron III for instance.

Yes. Hearts of Iron II and III and Crusader Kings II are my RTS utopia's. Its never been about the graphics for me.. but the challenge and what you can do. Although I do find Battle for Middle Earth and Empire at war to be good games, however if you're incapable of learning to play a game yourself and decide to use the review hacks (goblins the former, Zan consortium the latter) then I don't really have time for you!

(Same goes for Supreme Commander II and people who hump the walking battlefleet spam because they cannot play any other way - it genuinely frustrates me as I always try and play honestly and develop my own tactics. It's why more often then not I stick to chess these days and make people defeat level 10 chess titans with two queens before I consider them worthy of my attention. At least chess is perfectly balanced, its utterly about your ability.. not abusing the games imbalances).
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

yes, winning by overkill is far more fun than winning by imbalance.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “VG Expo”