Halo 4 ending question (spoiler)

A place to chat about console and PC video games.

Rule Reminder: Section 7: Advertising
Advertising of non-"Kingdom Games" games is prohibited. This only relates to games that could be seen as being in competition with the SGW franchise.
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

Halo 4 ending question (spoiler)

So master chief detonates the nuke right in his hands. I don't understand how cortana saved him. And they have that digital moment, almost like chief was indexed by the cartographer and he was digital too. Or was that just in his mind. Oh and I hope cortana isn't really dead :smt010
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Re: Halo 4 ending question (spoiler)

I'm pretty sure Mjollnir armor beats a nuke.
If you see what he's got to deal with throughout the series it's small wonder he'd survive a nuke right?

And most human made AIs have been humans before or copies of minds like Coratana is a copy of doctor Halsey so why not John-117.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

erm.. no, i'm not sure the armour would beat a nuke straight up.. IN HIS HAND. You telling me that armour could fall into the sun and come out? :-$

I believe Cortana seemed to have used the bridge shield to save him somehow by the looks of it. NOT sure how, but that's how it appeared.

It was a very 'meh' moment, probably the biggest oddity in the entire storyline.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Gregor Clegane wrote:I'm pretty sure Mjollnir armor beats a nuke.
If you see what he's got to deal with throughout the series it's small wonder he'd survive a nuke right?

And most human made AIs have been humans before or copies of minds like Coratana is a copy of doctor Halsey so why not John-117.
So basically what you are saying is.. it is a video game, anything could have happened? Great, that made no sense. Except the bit about the AIs.. but that is what I told you. :-" I think I picked that up somewhere.

If a glass shard can pierce the armour, well.. think again about that nuke.

@Semper: Bridge shielding, bye bye hand. More machine parts.. :neutral: I wonder if by Halo 6 John will be completely machine. ;)
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

Hes more human then machine by far...

Still a better love story than twilight!
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Completely machine? How is he machine at all now?

Agreed not sure how he survived at the end there... I was real confused. I hope Cortana is dead though, I'm gettin' real sick of her and her "I'm crazy" **Filtered**.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Sanguis Sicarius
Forum Regular
Alliance: Dark Dominium
Race: Samurai
ID: 5054012

It hinted earlier that Cortana could take an actual form if you listen to all the terminal things and note the composers purpose, rite?
I think it was easy to stop the nuke seeing as how Cortana was integrated into the entire Forerunner System.

Machine in the way that he was Nurtured into a Machine of War through the brainwashing etc

but, idk just some thoughts ](*,)
Spoiler
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

Juliette wrote:
Gregor Clegane wrote:I'm pretty sure Mjollnir armor beats a nuke.

So basically what you are saying is.. it is a video game, anything could have happened? Great, that made no sense. Except the bit about the AIs.. but that is what I told you. :-" I think I picked that up somewhere.

If a glass shard can pierce the armour, well.. think again about that nuke.

@Semper: Bridge shielding, bye bye hand. More machine parts.. :neutral: I wonder if by Halo 6 John will be completely machine. ;)

It is a tricky one. Maybe he's dead, and the rest of the games will be him losing a war and the final scene will go back to the nuke going off in his hand and him actually dying, everything up until then is just a realisation of what he 'prevented' by detonating the nuke.

It'd pee people off but it fixes this awful problem. Why could he just not of chucked it into the central thing? Seems a lot easier to swallow than it going off in his hand and him happily surviving.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “VG Expo”