The day Bungie died to me...

A place to chat about console and PC video games.

Rule Reminder: Section 7: Advertising
Advertising of non-"Kingdom Games" games is prohibited. This only relates to games that could be seen as being in competition with the SGW franchise.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

The day Bungie died to me...

As everyone who's anyone will know the masters of development that brought us Halo are releasing an brand new FPS called 'Destiny'.

What has just been made public is that they're also releasing it on the Playstation.

What. A. Disgrace.

Discuss.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

Re: The day Bungie died to me...

Semper wrote:As everyone who's anyone will know the masters of development that brought us Halo are releasing an brand new FPS called 'Destiny'.

What has just been made public is that they're also releasing it on the Playstation.

What. A. Disgrace.

Discuss.

I was debating this exact scenario in my head the other day actually. The very RNG AI-like concept of Destiny will have is supposed to be unprecedented. Normally I would see no way a PS could play a part in this but I dunno man the future of these types of games is allegedly supposed to be total access from PCs/consoles/tablets and maybe even smart phones one day.

I wish I could sit back and say to myself OH these guys invested soooooo much money into this project surely they must have thought this out completely. That thinking is flawed however. Look at all the mind blowing budget films and games over the years that flopped and in the end we were all in disbelief so many truckloads of thousand dollar bills could be doused in gasoline and lit on fire.

Destiny is either going to be the most amazing thing ever or a VERY temporary addiction until TITAN comes out.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

PS4 = XBox
PS1,2,3 < XBox

Or so I am told, because I totally do not have one of those PS4's..
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

Juliette wrote:PS4 = XBox
PS1,2,3 < XBox

I have a old computer (5 years now) and a old huge black box ps original. (not ps1 the limited run before they decided on the gray box).
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

The_Brute wrote:
Juliette wrote:PS4 = XBox
PS1,2,3 < XBox

I have a old computer (5 years now) and a old huge black box ps original. (not ps1 the limited run before they decided on the gray box).

Its all about PC and Xbox. I hate PS3, at the very least because of the gay ass controllers.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

all about the money. sony just announced their new play thing and its important to publishers and developers to go to where the majority of the market will be.
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

minisaiyan wrote:all about the money. sony just announced their new play thing and its important to publishers and developers to go to where the majority of the market will be.

Indeed. I can't hate on making stuff for other consoles. Was this PS3 exclusive? Or also for PS3?

Best to make for everything... More money and eventually we'll see more cross-platform gaming.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

cross platform gaming will never be big.
sony+microsoft wont link xbox and ps3 imo. pc should not be linked with them for competitive games as pc has massive advantages to people with any level of skill
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

minisaiyan wrote:cross platform gaming will never be big.
sony+microsoft wont link xbox and ps3 imo. pc should not be linked with them for competitive games as pc has massive advantages to people with any level of skill

I've play games that were PC-Xbox. ie: Shadowrun
It's not nearly as bad as you'd think.

Also, you can buy adapters for Xbox for mouse and keyboard so not a huge difference.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

PC <-> XBox gaming works only when your PC is Windows-based.
Games for Windows Live is a pretty solid cross-platform system, in my experience.

As far as the rest is concerned, the child of a tiger and a lion is infertile.
semper

minisaiyan wrote:all about the money. sony just announced their new play thing and its important to publishers and developers to go to where the majority of the market will be.

Majority market share? No way.. Xbox has matched Sony sale for sale, the only thing Sony has are a few more PSn users (20mill or so) but their service is free and utterly redundant next to XBL. Not to mention Xbox has by far the better exclusive games still on its platforms. Halo isn't dead or down, COD and FIFA often give exclusive content to Xbox, gears is still turning, i'm pretty sure there is another STAR WARS exclusive game coming to xbox arcade and they didn't have to bribe customers with a cheap blue ray player.

I'd wager alot of sony's recent 'success' in the race between the two is solely down to the decade of unrivalled success the PS2 had, it influenced many but there is a big generation of kids who've now grown up using xbox. Sony will not have that advantage next time round.

Unless microsoft make a mistake they're going to surpass Sony i'd wager, especially with the Kinect technology being perfected and integration with PC's. God help Sony if microsoft add in a blu ray.

It's good business for Bungie to go open like they have, but it's still a treacherous move that will burn alot of fans. Their games sales will increase due to the larger market but it'l be hit amongst xbox players, alot will flick them the fingers i'd wager (not myself btw, i'll buy the game regardless).
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Better exclusives? The only thing Activision has with Microsoft is a deal to take out DLC's a month early for CoD. PS3 has the better exclusive titles by far.

And anyone who starts commenting on any future sales for Sony or Microsoft is talking out of their behinds. We don't even know what Microsoft has atm, we don't know the game library that'll be available to each console at launch, we don't know anything.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
semper

xDaku wrote:Better exclusives? The only thing Activision has with Microsoft is a deal to take out DLC's a month early for CoD. PS3 has the better exclusive titles by far.

And anyone who starts commenting on any future sales for Sony or Microsoft is talking out of their behinds. We don't even know what Microsoft has atm, we don't know the game library that'll be available to each console at launch, we don't know anything.

Better exclusives. YEAH! You telling me PS has anything to rival Halo or Gears? If you do then, you are in fact, talking out of your ass. The only title that even comes to compare is Metal Gear Solid.

We know plenty about Microsoft and what they're doing, go have a read, they're working on refining the kinect. We know Star Wars 1313 and Halo 5 are going to be out on the next Xbox as well as the new gears. I'm afraid to say that you've just called a portion of the financial world, as well as CEO's and heads of both microsoft and Sony as people who talk out of their behinds. It's their job to try and speak about how their company are GOING to perform. Furthermore it doesn't take a top level marketer to see how Sony have had their success with the PS3. BluRay and a previous decade of influence. They don't have that this time around and their company are struggling, it's not exactly a leap to be able to confidently say they're not going to truly compete against something as innovative as Kinect or exclusive titles like Halo or Gears.

You obviously know not alot about anything from what you've said. I hope that you can prove that comment wrong, but thus far i'll not be surprised when you can't. :smt047
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Semper wrote:
xDaku wrote:Better exclusives? The only thing Activision has with Microsoft is a deal to take out DLC's a month early for CoD. PS3 has the better exclusive titles by far.

Better exclusives. YEAH! You telling me PS has anything to rival Halo or Gears? If you do then, you are in fact, talking out of your ass. The only title that even comes to compare is Metal Gear Solid.

Halo and Gears both aren't selling like they used to, in comparison to the time.
Playstation has Uncharted, Infamous, Resistance... and God of War.

I'm Xbox all the way, but Sony's no pushover in the gaming world.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Microsoft's been trying to make kinect an integral part of gaming for a while. They've failed so far.

Killzone, Infamous, Uncharted, MGS, LBP, God of War are all great games.

We know they're working on refining the Kinect, CES showed that much. We DON'T know if it will work out well. Assuming it will is talking out of your behind.

I never said xbox does not have good games coming out. Disregarding the games that come out on the sony systems and projecting that as a majority view is ridiculous though.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161