Sim City (5) (2013)

A place to chat about console and PC video games.

Rule Reminder: Section 7: Advertising
Advertising of non-"Kingdom Games" games is prohibited. This only relates to games that could be seen as being in competition with the SGW franchise.
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

Sim City (5) (2013)

So, I bought it, it angers me, excites me, makes me wish I never upgraded my computer!

Who plays? Lets build crazy stuff, then cause zombie outbreaks and kill off our citizens with pollution.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Sim City (5) (2013)

Just like real life! :shock:

I intend to buy it. Unless you seriously discourage me, TM?
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Juliette wrote:Just like real life! :shock:

I intend to buy it. Unless you seriously discourage me, TM?

Eh. Its very frustrating. Takes alot of time unless you use the Sandbox, which I highly recommend you do until you get the feel for the game. Give it a try, its fun to see how you can utilize the limited space you have. Damn Sims complain about EVERYTHING.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

I wanna get it too. I was a huge fan of sim city 4.. Josh did you play it? How would it compare?
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Z E R O wrote:I wanna get it too. I was a huge fan of sim city 4.. Josh did you play it? How would it compare?

Last Sim City I ever played was Sim City 3000. Comparison to that? The new one is much simpler to use. Water, power, sewage, all is automatically connected via roads. No more running pipes, power lines and such. Planning is KEY to this game. You are limited on city space, so you have to pick and choose the type of city you want to build. Say its your commercial city, skycrapers, office buildings, the works. Then you have your industry, mining, refinement, waste. Then the other section would be your residential, mixed with commercial. All this needs to be tied together by a strong infustrure, mass transit.

One minute its 9am and your working on raising land value to bring in wealthy sims, next its 3pm and your going bankrupt because you ran out of space to provide sufficant jobs. It eats up time in the day without you even noticing.
Solus
WAR POPE

Honours and Awards

I was interested in the game, but then I remembered EA are responsible for it. and as a general rule, I refuse to put any of my money into THAT company.

let alone the DRM servers you NEED to be connected to in order to play a SINGLE PLAYER game. and no, I'm not referencing the fiasco that was the launch day server load issues, but just the fact that you need to connect to a server at all.

It's ridiculous, EA make you jump through all these hoops to play an overpriced game, and they treat their customers like filth. no thanks guys, not going to bother with this one.
Slim87R wrote:I think your Solus is showing.
Spoiler
Juliette wrote:Glory to the Solus.
Psyko wrote:You sick and twisted little Sol, you. :smt047 :smt049
Malx wrote:
Noobert wrote:I love when Solus posts. It brightens my day because of how awesome he is.
+1
Eärendil wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Eärendil wrote:Making fun of SS in his face
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Punching SS in his face
its ok, you both love me more then existence itself anyway
No, No I don't.
I love Solus.
And I even love Canadian Bacon more than you.
Radiance wrote:Oh my marriage-consummating deity.. that was awesome. :shock:
(F)(¯`• (F)¸·´¯)«§müg»™(¯`·¸(F) •´¯)(F) says (5:38 PM):
*who is solus?
Chris/Deviathan[EVE Online] says (5:38 PM):
*solus is god
*and he touches us all with his noodly appendage
[BoT] Eärendil :: Matt says (5:38 PM):
*solus is... better than raptor jesus
SuperSaiyan - Pirate says (10:25 PM):
*solus is out for blood Image
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Z E R O wrote:I wanna get it too. I was a huge fan of sim city 4.. Josh did you play it? How would it compare?

Last Sim City I ever played was Sim City 3000. Comparison to that? The new one is much simpler to use. Water, power, sewage, all is automatically connected via roads. No more running pipes, power lines and such. Planning is KEY to this game. You are limited on city space, so you have to pick and choose the type of city you want to build. Say its your commercial city, skycrapers, office buildings, the works. Then you have your industry, mining, refinement, waste. Then the other section would be your residential, mixed with commercial. All this needs to be tied together by a strong infustrure, mass transit.

One minute its 9am and your working on raising land value to bring in wealthy sims, next its 3pm and your going bankrupt because you ran out of space to provide sufficant jobs. It eats up time in the day without you even noticing.
This sounds good. :D I like it.

@Solus: EA is indeed the proverbial devil. :D
Master Rahl
Forum Regular
Alliance: KzD
Race: Aydindril
ID: 13355
Alternate name(s): Master Rahl

Juliette wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:

This sounds good. :D I like it.

@Solus: EA is indeed the proverbial devil. :D

+1
[9:21:11 PM] Les Ennemis: good i like our members happy
What kind of plans would the Master Rahl have? I plan to conquer the world
Spoiler
ImageImage

Return to “VG Expo”