Poofer
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE
Race: Kerbal
ID: 1932858
Alternate name(s): spart4, poofer

Re: Recent Demi God Requests?

Sol wrote:It's not broken.

A mechanic that requires you to effectively spend thousands of turns just to get a chance at maybe getting to participate in what has become , for better or worse, integral part of the game, and even then it will be most likely a crappy one is broken.

It may not be broken coding wise, but the design is very much flawed and takes out any fun that one may have in the quest of a demi.

Getting a demi implies so much work, that it becomes that, work.
This should be balanced so not only daily players get a chance at it, but casual players too.
Unsterblich wrote:nah ill just close my eyes and accidently conquer it
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Poofer wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not broken.
A mechanic that requires you to effectively spend thousands of turns just to get a chance at maybe getting to participate in what has become , for better or worse, integral part of the game, and even then it will be most likely a crappy one is broken.
You mean wreckages? Where the resources are used for demi-gods? Using demi-gods to get resources for demi-gods....
Poofer wrote: It may not be broken coding wise, but the design is very much flawed and takes out any fun that one may have in the quest of a demi.
It's not really flawed, it's the same as its ever been. Except slightly easier to find them since a few months ago.

In the past 10 days 2,604 attacks and 1,204 intel engagements COULD have found a demi. That's a total of about 37,453 turns. In the past 10 days 36 demis have been found. So that's about 1 in 1k turns. Well below the expected 1 in 1.5k turns.
Poofer wrote: Getting a demi implies so much work, that it becomes that, work.
This should be balanced so not only daily players get a chance at it, but casual players too.
Work for everything from an increase in turns to extra weps.... I would say the work is warranted. And it doesn't seem like a lot of work for finding one every 1k turns (meaningful hits, not 10 q vs 3 def).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Theon35
Forum Irregular

A bottle wrote:sarcasm aside,
I would like to suggest 1 thing. It's a reasonable request.
Make everyone have at least, one and just 1, demi-god, who can't die. That way, i can at least use demigod functions, wreackage functions etc.
Any additional demi-gods, must be found by current rules. Isn't this reasonable?
was my suggestion overlooked? What do you, or anyone think?
Sol
Forum Addict

A bottle wrote:
A bottle wrote:sarcasm aside,
I would like to suggest 1 thing. It's a reasonable request.
Make everyone have at least, one and just 1, demi-god, who can't die. That way, i can at least use demigod functions, wreackage functions etc.
Any additional demi-gods, must be found by current rules. Isn't this reasonable?
was my suggestion overlooked? What do you, or anyone think?
I thought support replied to this...
Everyone gets the 'You' demi. If you dont have it then there is a problem. The only thing you can't do with the 'you' demi is farm wreckages.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
caesar2
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties Island
Race: [carrot]
ID: 1933254

I have 0 demis. No requests for weeks, maybe months... My m2's 34k
Spending turns, attacking, reconning, descending...

Sol... Please send me one request :) i want to plunder my turns on ´demi god´s waste management´ ;)
RETURN of the P I R A T E
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL

I must be unlucky, used 5.8k turns in 2 days, by doing different actions, not a thing. :(
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

A few months ago, I went from getting a request on regular basis to... none at all anymore up until now.

I thought I'd log the things that I have done first before coming here. So this is the period I have not gotten a single request (even weeks before that i did not get a request).

On my main ascended account (its the same on my multi but it seems i forgot to reset my log there):

Military Records and Achievements Since 01:25:25 on 4th of Apr 2015

[spoiler]Attack Planets Destroyed 0
Super Attack Planets Destroyed 20,425,164
Defence Planets Destroyed 14
Super Defence Planets Destroyed 1,712,079,000
Covert Planets Destroyed 42,000,000
Assassin Planets Destroyed 1,388,418,774
Grand Total of Planets Slaughtered 10,092,939,608
Dark Matter Units Stolen 521,763,463,972,977,024
Attack Turns Used 26,296
Life Force Destroyed 0
Command Star Attack Weapons Destroyed 123,047,702
Command Star Defence Weapons Destroyed 125,763,675
Weapon Points Destroyed 9,527,881,427,814
Energy Gained From Wreckages 5,810,401
Mass Gained From Wreckages 344,818
Turns Used In Wreckages 1,000[/spoiler]

So 26K turns used, withouth a single request. That sounds broken to me...?
Meh...
Navy
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Gordy

Nah it's not broken Rod.......it's only been close to 7-8 months since I've gotten a request but no biggy.
orkis
Forum Newbie

I've also had an issue getting demi-god request,s i lost mine in a failed wreckage harvest about 2 months ago. i have not received any requests even since demi-gods have been in place

thanks
Orkis
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

orkis wrote:I've also had an issue getting demi-god request,s i lost mine in a failed wreckage harvest about 2 months ago. i have not received any requests even since demi-gods have been in place

thanks
Orkis
Have you enabled Demi-God request in account preferences? The option should be ticked or you will never hear from them.

Are you attacking accounts with defences built? Look at your attack history page, at the bottom will be a message about how many turns you have used recently that could have found a Demi-God.

i.e something like this:-

1,749 attacks total | 147 could find a demi-god (1764 turns) | page 1 of 30
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
frazz
Forum Irregular

It might not be broken as such but getting requests is murder but the involved work to get them is getting annoying as well I've probably had 6 requests since about xmas all in but I've been using crazy amounts of turns doing it

From the numbers sol gave basically I could use 8 k turns ah should in theory get 3-4 requests and not get them

But someone else could use 1000 turns and get multiple requests based on probability numbers

So my question is then is the number of demis released for request tied to the total number of turns on the server or to the player for me it should be both if its only server then above scenario is going to happen
Spoiler
Denis Oman
‎18‎:‎43 frazz what are you doing with so many wepons :O‏

you scare me!

Forgot when you started playing?
This will remind you!
Sol
Forum Addict

There is no max amount released... You just find them.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
My_Crows
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Mass Coalition
Race: Gringo

Sol wrote:There is no max amount released... You just find them.
... Or don't.

Lol
Tap for sigs
Spoiler
ImageImage
reborn
Forum Elite

Would we b able to say get a button to reset all ( deleted ) demis.

As in lets say you think you might of got a demi ages ago which you thought was bad but now turns out its ok, but it was deleted.

Or you have bought an account but came with no demis likely hood all them was deleted.

Im sure there is a couple more reasons but those is what i can think off from top of head.

Would be nice for new owner or ppl that once thought a demi was crap to have the chance on getting back what they have had once before.

If thats not possable what about have the same demi but under a different name(s)
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sol
Forum Addict

reborn wrote:Would we b able to say get a button to reset all ( deleted ) demis.

As in lets say you think you might of got a demi ages ago which you thought was bad but now turns out its ok, but it was deleted.

Or you have bought an account but came with no demis likely hood all them was deleted.

Im sure there is a couple more reasons but those is what i can think off from top of head.

Would be nice for new owner or ppl that once thought a demi was crap to have the chance on getting back what they have had once before.

If thats not possable what about have the same demi but under a different name(s)
I would say live and learn :P. To put a 'reverse time' button because someone changed their mind just opens up a whole mess of problems and further 'I want this now' suggestions.

What do you mean by the last sentence? It is possible to find multiple demis with different names but the same stats, if that's what you're wondering?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Ascended General”