Tourney number 50

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Tourney number 50

Yes, it's coming around, are 50th official tournament.
What to do?
I was thinking like a server wide plague or something.
OR MAYBE have that zombie touch to it as well, so when you die you have to help Sierena and the bots.

Something I don't have to do a lot of work on :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Re: Tourney number 50

Here is a silly idea.

Gallactic tackle

All players join automatically.
For each 10 players 1 passable ball. (ie 100 players, 10 balls)
Butcher(s) is enemy team.
Balls are given to players random at start.
A player can pass their ball to another player as soon as it is in their posession.
The butcher will tackle those with a ball near the end of a turn change (bit random-ish involved to keep it exciting).
If your tackled, your out, the ball is then passed to the one closest to the one tackled in the ranking, or the balls dissapears if the total amount of players is lower then the threshold (10p/1b).
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Final Fantasy type boss battle.

stages to the boss fight
mini boss fights
secret and hidden twists
everyone working together to take down key stages
weak points that take different types of attacks 2 take down (sab, TOC, send in planets, spend DMU ...)
all in final battle that is possible we can lose
some narration with how battles/story is progressing (mayb with key people who did battle)
biggest battles / stats ever seen on ascended
power ups?

*mayb - if we lose the arena it has a lasting negative effect on the whole sever :O
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
Poofer
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE
Race: Kerbal
ID: 1932858
Alternate name(s): spart4, poofer

The Purge.

don't know how plague works but.

- disease strikes, whole server affected.
- must kill infected bots and converted people.
- if you're infected there's a chance you won't survive the virus and get descended
- if you're killed as an infected there's a chance you're too weak to regain your powers and are descended.

As more people are descended, the survivors keep developing immunity thus the chances of being descended shrink the longer you survive.

the tourney won't end until at least x amount of bots and or people have been killed
Unsterblich wrote:nah ill just close my eyes and accidently conquer it
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Master_Splinter wrote:Final Fantasy type boss battle.

stages to the boss fight
mini boss fights
secret and hidden twists
weak points that take different types of attacks 2 take down (sab, TOC, send in planets, spend DMU ...)
some narration with how battles/story is progressing (mayb with key people who did battle)
power ups?

*mayb - if we lose the arena it has a lasting negative effect on the whole sever :O
+1
Plague is the closest thing we have to the whole server working together. Basically just modify the plague style tournament to have no plague and make the bots a little more aggressive towards hunting players (not just inactive ones). It could be done in stages like mentioned. start with weaker bots, and when they are all eliminated have the next stage of bots appear. Once all the stages are clear, make the final stage one powerful boss bot that all the surviving players must work together to take down. You could make it so player abilities are limited to 2 or 3 types like TDM/DM that way people have to strategize with each other on who will take what abilities. Maybe add a new type of ability along the lines of healing just for the tournament. It would be like one massive raid. You could also implement teams. The person/team that does the most damage could be declared the winner. Sounds like a fun new tournament type to me.
Sol
Forum Addict

Red Skull wrote:Here is a silly idea.

Gallactic tackle

All players join automatically.
For each 10 players 1 passable ball. (ie 100 players, 10 balls)
Butcher(s) is enemy team.
Balls are given to players random at start.
A player can pass their ball to another player as soon as it is in their posession.
The butcher will tackle those with a ball near the end of a turn change (bit random-ish involved to keep it exciting).
If your tackled, your out, the ball is then passed to the one closest to the one tackled in the ranking, or the balls dissapears if the total amount of players is lower then the threshold (10p/1b).
Yup could do, bit like hot potato xD.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Master_Splinter wrote:Final Fantasy type boss battle.

stages to the boss fight
mini boss fights
secret and hidden twists
power ups?

I was thinking of something like this some time ago :P. Also for demi-gods, as a way of obtaining them.
Slim87R wrote: +1
Plague is the closest thing we have to the whole server working together. Basically just modify the plague style tournament to have no plague and make the bots a little more aggressive towards hunting players (not just inactive ones). It could be done in stages like mentioned. start with weaker bots, and when they are all eliminated have the next stage of bots appear. Once all the stages are clear, make the final stage one powerful boss bot that all the surviving players must work together to take down. You could make it so player abilities are limited to 2 or 3 types like TDM/DM that way people have to strategize with each other on who will take what abilities. Maybe add a new type of ability along the lines of healing just for the tournament. It would be like one massive raid. You could also implement teams. The person/team that does the most damage could be declared the winner. Sounds like a fun new tournament type to me.
It's a fairly heavy modification. It would be alright for another style of tournament, but not for my plate just yet.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

Poofer wrote:The Purge.

don't know how plague works but.

- disease strikes, whole server affected.
- must kill infected bots and converted people.
- if you're infected there's a chance you won't survive the virus and get descended
- if you're killed as an infected there's a chance you're too weak to regain your powers and are descended.

As more people are descended, the survivors keep developing immunity thus the chances of being descended shrink the longer you survive.

the tourney won't end until at least x amount of bots and or people have been killed
That's pretty much like plague. Although when players get infected they just die, they don't convert.
Every TC you lose a little LF until your dead, there is a way to get rid of the infection though.
I was thinking of adding the descended thing (actual descension) but it's a bit fierce.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Well talking about the final rewards of this arena, I would like to see the community truly work together for a common goal. It has been shown no matter the type of arena everyone would rather see a friend win then play the scenario of the game(feeding, not helping others, not sharing info). I believe if there is an individual winner then we will see the normal divisions within our community working for their members to win.

What I would like to see is something that benefits everyone who plays and the the real goal is to have enjoy the arena with everyone. ie no big winner at the end
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
Navy
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Gordy

Master_Splinter wrote:Well talking about the final rewards of this arena, I would like to see the community truly work together for a common goal. It has been shown no matter the type of arena everyone would rather see a friend win then play the scenario of the game(feeding, not helping others, not sharing info). I believe if there is an individual winner then we will see the normal divisions within our community working for their members to win.

What I would like to see is something that benefits everyone who plays and the the real goal is to have enjoy the arena with everyone. ie no big winner at the end
+1
reborn
Forum Elite

What he said ^^ :smt060
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

well said MS
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Master_Splinter wrote:Well talking about the final rewards of this arena, I would like to see the community truly work together for a common goal. It has been shown no matter the type of arena everyone would rather see a friend win then play the scenario of the game(feeding, not helping others, not sharing info). I believe if there is an individual winner then we will see the normal divisions within our community working for their members to win.

Closest we have to that is the plague, but even then players will be players and most seem more interested in sabotage rather than working together for a larger collective reward.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Sol
Forum Addict

And everyone wants world peace, but the nature of humans say otherwise :razz:.

As clock said, plague is geared towards the very idea. The more people work together the bigger reward. But people don't.
On the flip side we have 1v1 where people don't even have the option to work with each other.

These tournaments exist.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Mental
Forum Elite
Alliance: [ THE DARK DOMINIUM™]
Race: ~Da Bait~
ID: 55247
Alternate name(s): Melting Pot of Friendship.

Clockwork wrote:

Closest we have to that is the plague, but even then players will be players and most seem more interested in sabotage rather than working together for a larger collective reward.
Killing the higher ranked bots as a team is not sabotage, It makes the prize better for all, Sitting doing nothing for over a week is not the idea unless you are playing for yourself.
Spoiler
[14:42:10] The Anti Christ: Now I know what harch feels like
[20:15:16] Duderanch: Ben filled me up :P
[14:14] CC Leader: harriet harmon is a freak in bed
[01:42:08] The Anti Christ: Mental is my hero, I wish I was more like him

Return to “Ascended General”