Undescendable

Specific to server: "GateWars: Battle of the Ascended"
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

Undescendable

When people talk about ascended accounts and that they are undescendable. Is this a statistical fact, or is it a generalisation due to the opposing requirements needed to descend them?

I am curious to know what personal levels need to be achieved to be considered undescendable. 900+ in defensive capabilities?
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: Undescendable

It's possible, but it means your ascended account is a turtle.
You need to have a recovery greater than the maximum allowable hit (2/5ths of LFR or whatever it was). This means you can't really increase mnec to increase your recovery rate because it will increase your LFR/LF which also means your attack will be quite small.
Most people achieve a high mnec and recovery rate such that for a smaller person to take them down, it would take an unreasonable amount of time. But it still leaves them open to descension from anyone larger than them.

There is a theoretical limit of about 2000 in any of the defence powerups (except two which need to be used in tandem), which causes you to be undescendable due to defending the entire attack. To get the LF for this would take a very long time though.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Since the introduction of the Demi-God patch, no account is undescendable, because of the potential for the direct assault to crit. From that point onwards, it becomes progressively easier for the account to become descended due to the reduction in effectiveness of you defence skills based on how much damage you have already taken.

That all said, most of the larger accounts are impractical to descend due to the time and turns required, and anybody who is 'active' enough can simply refill their life force and you have to start from scratch.

The exception being a couple of NewGround accounts that were ascended to Unknown via the black market, who do not have attached accounts on the ascended server.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

Awesome info, thanks.

In essence people just trying to be good salespeople saying accounts are undescendable when in essence they just mean the personal stats are uber.
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

overlord elz wrote:Awesome info, thanks.

In essence people just trying to be good salespeople saying accounts are undescendable when in essence they just mean the personal stats are uber.
no they say that cause it would take like 5 days of non stop hitting on that account with someone with some 7-8t toc to descend them, and that means attackers doesnt have that persistence and noone even dares to do that :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

so what sort of ToC and physicals/personals are thought good now?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

spy my account thats about what it takes
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

Les Ennemis wrote:spy my account thats about what it takes
](*,) ok for us non account holding people, what is now considered the minimal lvls needed?
Just curious how far its gone in the past couple of years,
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
~Les Erebus~
Forum Addict
Alliance: TF
ID: 1907332

950 personals and 1500 physicals will keep ya safe for a week or two
philipbanks 2:41 PM

Man I can mass from right here in my shower and it feels nice

lesennemis 2:42 PM

stop using massing for non pure duties in the shower and yes i am quoting that
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
temptress
cleo_catra

Les Ennemis wrote:950 personals and 1500 physicals will keep ya safe for a week or two
:smt058 thanks, so it hasn't really gone up that much.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
Spoiler

Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Clockwork wrote:Since the introduction of the Demi-God patch, no account is undescendable, because of the potential for the direct assault to crit. From that point onwards, it becomes progressively easier for the account to become descended due to the reduction in effectiveness of you defence skills based on how much damage you have already taken.

That all said, most of the larger accounts are impractical to descend due to the time and turns required, and anybody who is 'active' enough can simply refill their life force and you have to start from scratch.

The exception being a couple of NewGround accounts that were ascended to Unknown via the black market, who do not have attached accounts on the ascended server.
Technically that is correct. However in practice the critical hits on ascended attacks are very very very rare. I've never had one and I'm an active part of the TF descending teams. In fact in this whole war I can only think of one instance that any of us has got a critical. You simply cannot hit and hope for a critical to start it off because they are far too rare.

This means an account is for all practical purposes undescendable if it can refill LF and LFR fully within the 3hrs after an attack from the rank 1 TOC. There are now a lot of those accounts in the game.

~Norbe~
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

fem fatale wrote:
Les Ennemis wrote:950 personals and 1500 physicals will keep ya safe for a week or two
:smt058 thanks, so it hasn't really gone up that much.
Hi all..

I was wondering what the levels would be after so long without resorting to spying on the masses..

Guess I'll go build some fleets for now. :)

Whats a good CER in this era?

Image Image Image
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

That's a name i haven't seen for a while, are you back?

And i think the best CER's are around 3-3.5b.
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

:shock: 3 to 3.5 huh.. I think I'll shoot for 2 for starters lol

Not quite back. Need to relearn some things first and learn some new things before I start to really play again. And that's if it peaks my interest.

We'll see. :)

Image Image Image
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

Angelis~ wrote::shock: 3 to 3.5 huh.. I think I'll shoot for 2 for starters lol

Not quite back. Need to relearn some things first and learn some new things before I start to really play again. And that's if it peaks my interest.

We'll see. :)
well 3 on your own might be a bit expensive as mostly those who have that now got it boosted by admin as their prize after winning tournaments as there were times when winning a tourney would boost your fleets by 10% so you cer can grow very quickly that way, but it was stopped later on so now its much harder ;) and will be pretty much mission impossible for you to catch up but if you will try hard its doable like all the missions imposible :D
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “Ascended General”