Tournament 27: Plague!

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Re: Tournament 27: Plague!

It's highly unlikely that you will be able to kill off all the bots this time, they are a lot more resilient now.

Also, the plague does not need bots to infect you, it is ever present in the tournament and will infect a random somebody if nobody is infected, they in turn will pass on the plague to others, so it's impossible to end up entirely infection free for more than say a turn change.

Sol also likes to ramp up the plague, the longer the tournament lasts, so it does more damage quicker, so while you can live for quite a while, in the end, it's gunna get you.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
du5tin_eh
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1919461

What is the butchers refill rate, I played this plague as my first tourny, i enjoyed it and with a little help guessed my way through. I now THINK i know what to do next time (run, and prod someone now and again)

However im very curious on the refill rate on the butcher. before he killed me he had 6mil life force which he has had and kept for the last few kills never changing. i did 4.7 worth of damage and someone just said he still had around 6 mil lf. That does not make sense.

also i think the other infected high level bots that sit on page one doing nothing need to do something other wise there pointless. unless i've missed something (i am new)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

The Dualis Brothers repair/resurrect/refill the Butcher as long as they are alive.
du5tin_eh wrote:also i think the other infected high level bots that sit on page one doing nothing need to do something other wise there pointless. unless i've missed something (i am new)
Which means..
du5tin_eh wrote:What is the butchers refill rate, I played this plague as my first tourny, i enjoyed it and with a little help guessed my way through. I now THINK i know what to do next time (run, and prod someone now and again)

However im very curious on the refill rate on the butcher. before he killed me he had 6mil life force which he has had and kept for the last few kills never changing. i did 4.7 worth of damage and someone just said he still had around 6 mil lf. That does not make sense.
This does make sense. ;)
Clockwork
The Ablest Man

The butcher has been changed this time around, he heals up after each hit, and the reflected damage he takes seems to be capped now. In short, he's no longer the sugar daddy he once was :P

The other high level bots take over if the butcher is somehow killed (which was fairly easy in the last plague). You can still kill the butcher, but it would take a big group effort, and probably too many turns / LF to make it worth while.

The other high level bots 'can' be farmed to a degree, but more as a last resort.
du5tin_eh
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1919461

so through team work can they be killed then the butcher

Thanks by the way, this makes more sense (newbie alert)
Clockwork
The Ablest Man

The butcher flat out cannot be killed until he has first attacked x number of players, you need him to lose the majority of his LFR first, and the only way to realistically do that is for him to take 4b reflect damage each time he attacks.

So, assuming he has been attacking people, and dropped down low enough, you need a large collection of people to Mass Skiver him as low as possible, and keep him low enough for the direct assault timer to expire (he won't attack at while on low life). Then somebody has to direct assault him to kill him off (even at low LF there is a good chance the attacker will die to reflected damage). The next highest bot left in the arena will then take over attacking the butchers role, and start attacking players.

Should probably point out thought that even if all the bots are killed off, the plague will still be present, and will still infect / kill players.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

What determines your rank in this tournament? Is it how full your LF and LFR is compared to its max as a percentage and then compared to the percentage of other players?
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Just your current LF determines rank
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
Slim87R
Forum Expert

This would explain why I have been ranked either dead last or one up from last place for a good while now. My LF is maxxed, it just isn't very much.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

yes, tis purely based on LF.
The number that is produced, that you can see in the cosmos, is LF+LFR I think. So you can roughly gauge how much LFR a person has relative to yours.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Based on max LF or the amount you currently have?
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Slim87R wrote:Based on max LF or the amount you currently have?
All current amounts
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Ahh, that is why my rank jumps around a bit instead of being constant. This means I have the lowest max LF of those left on the board. Thanks.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Just 5 players remaining. Lets see who can go without sleep the longest.

Edit: All Ori eliminated. Just the other 3 races left with the advantage laying with the Tolah in numbers.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man

Yes, this plague is going quicker than the last, I think it was 5 days before we were down to 4 last time.

Race currently has no influence with the plague tournament type, that might change at a later date. (See suggestions)

Return to “Tournament Discussion”