Tournament 37 - Race War

For general discussion about the tournament, battles, vendettas and for requesting team members or requesting to be apart of a team.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Tournament 37 - Race War

10 Tolah, 21 Indu, 14 Ajna and 16 Ori, have signed up.

Lol @ the indu band wagon :roll:
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: Tournament 37 - Race War

I know right? Might have to bandwagon myself for the next tourney for the achievement.
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL
ID: 0

Tolah are in for a arse kicking again, lol
Sol
Forum Addict

lol @ people who changed race to Indu. Quite a few will be kicked.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Why not force them to become another race at the start of the tournament ? (those who would suposedly be kicked)

The more the merrier, right ?
Sol
Forum Addict

nostra wrote:Why not force them to become another race at the start of the tournament ? (those who would suposedly be kicked)

Could do it but it completely undermines the idea of a race war. You fight for your race, not a random one.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:lol @ people who changed race to Indu. Quite a few will be kicked.
Does that mean changing race is against the rules? What if someone wanted to change race because they decided they liked the stats of that race?

Edit: there can be no more than 20% more than the smallest race. If Tolah stays at 12, then there can be no more than 14-15 of every other race (14.4).
Sol
Forum Addict

Slim87R wrote:
Sol wrote:lol @ people who changed race to Indu. Quite a few will be kicked.
Does that mean changing race is against the rules? What if someone wanted to change race because they decided they liked the stats of that race?

Edit: there can be no more than 20% more than the smallest race. If Tolah stays at 12, then there can be no more than 14-15 of every other race (14.4).
You can change your race sure :P. But not during race wars (from beginning to then next tourney).
And yeah, that's why people will be kicked ;). It's essentially to balance teams.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
noone
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Sol wrote:
nostra wrote:Why not force them to become another race at the start of the tournament ? (those who would suposedly be kicked)

Could do it but it completely undermines the idea of a race war. You fight for your race, not a random one.

Its a by product of this game type.
What happens if a tourney is 10 10 50 10 ? kick near half the players ?

Perhaps add that you, if needed, get auto temporarily race changed during tourney (Overlord move), and if the tourney race wins, and player was of another race, offer 24 hours of free race change as extra tourney prize, to also obtain achievement and title. If you do not confirm within 24 hours or decline, no title and achievement, but yes to the rest of the prizes (turns,dmu,demi etc).
Sol
Forum Addict

nostra wrote:

Its a by product of this game type.
What happens if a tourney is 10 10 50 10 ? kick near half the players ?
Yup, players are kicked to form some fair fight, there's not point fighting in a 10 v 10 v 10 v 50.

The funny thing is, I guarantee most of those Indu's converted to Indu after the last race war because they won. They have the ability to change back :P.
nostra wrote: Perhaps add that you, if needed, get auto temporarily race changed during tourney (Overlord move), and if the tourney race wins, and player was of another race, offer 24 hours of free race change as extra tourney prize, to also obtain achievement and title. If you do not confirm within 24 hours or decline, no title and achievement, but yes to the rest of the prizes (turns,dmu,demi etc).
There is the always the problem of going somewhere you don't like or fighting someone you don't want to, it happens in the TDM occasionally. Some people have been known to just play dead because they're in a unit with others they don't want to play with. Completely corrupts the unit.
At least, without the random race change, people know what they are or are not getting in to.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
noone
Forum Elite

could also be a nice way to occasionally experience more of the game :-D
Navy
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Gordy

First tourney...oh snap!
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Navy wrote:First tourney...oh snap!
Good luck to you, enjoy :)
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

LOL, 12 Indu left and 5 or less of everyone else. I suggest an alliance of convenience for those left in. Let everyone who is not Indu ally up against those who are. If not this will be the 3rd victory taken by the Indu in a row. Weaker players who are about to get knocked out anyways could use their turns to greatly help the cause. I think the goal here is for any race but the Indu to win. Don't mind me, just stirring the pot a bit.
Navy
Forum Irregular
Alternate name(s): Gordy

So, after one whole turn I realized I had no idea what I had gotten myself into...lmao.

I'll be waiting quite a while to try my hand again at a tournament.

Return to “Tournament Discussion”