*archive* Histories of Decipt bug

reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

*archive* Histories of Decipt bug

Not sure if this is down to IE but not ever happen before.

but when I go to click on the last person I spied I get a different target, as one I spied went back to tab went to do destroy INT but turns out was wrong one, thought maybe I did to many back spaces but tried over and over again and gave wrong person I had to do a manual search.

Best add in I guess ppl I was spying and looking to DI, I was not using two tabs either so was not that mistake.

16:13 Neimenljivi Destroy Intelligence Success 1,500,000,000 details
16:12 The Unsterblich Destroy Intelligence Failed 1,500,000,000 details
16:10 Neimenljivi Recon Success 1,145,085,247 details
16:10 Arkenius Recon Success 1,145,085,247 details
May 08, 12:04 joe Recon Success 1,145,085,247 details
May 08, 12:04 captain planet Recon Success 1,145,085,247 details

But this will also lead me onto my next part, not a bug but an abuse and game breaking if u read rules number 2.

2) No automated processes, macros, scripts or other 'non human being' run account activity is allowed.

I have and so many others of ppl using refresher addon. I have shown Jo over and over again on ppl that hit mins after training, or them spying mins after placing a few million planets on stats so u change rank.

It can be shonw in logs over and over again on my incoming logs when I train and how long before I get spied its within 1-2 mins max, this is most down to Unster that has already admit to using a refresher addon.

If u r going to inforce the rules do it, if not just say so , so all of us can then be open to cheating because that's what it is.

Rant over.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sol
Forum Addict

Re: Histories of Decipt bug

Can I maybe have this bug/loophole described in 1 or 2 sentences please?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

We can confirm the first bug w.r.t. histories of deceipt page. When you click on someone's name on that page it shows you a different account's realm page. It hurt reborn because he clicked on a name, went to DI and failed when he hit the wrong person.

But yeah, the links are all screwed up on the histories of deceipt page for people's names are all screwed up.

The second point is about auto-refresh plug-ins. Reborn is pushing that they be outlawed and accusing half the server of cheating. Apparently there is a firefox plugin that some people have been using called C4C that notifies people when changes happen to webpages and I wager we're all on the same page that that is no good. I think there can be a real debate on whether an autorefresh is legal or not but as far as I know (do correct me if I'm wrong) that this currently is not against the rules. I mean page refreshers have been pretty widely used ingame for years and years. Really though, the second point of his can be boiled down to "I'm upset that I once again lost some assassins when I tried to do something. Why do people actually have to fight me in this war we are fighting?"
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

Refresher / change checker

Ok, bug with deceit logs fixed (appeared only affected outbound logs), this was a remnant from the new tourney - quite a few things were changed regarding logs which you will all find out soon.

Yeah I've heard of the auto refreshers, specifically C4C and alert to changes. The philosophical/law debate generally boils down to what is generally appropriate to assume everyone can use and the extent of the advantage. If everyone could code their own script then I doubt we would really enforce that rule because everyone would be on the same level, but not everyone can.
Similarly not everyone has FF or chrome to install plugins pertaining to auto refreshing.
So regardless of explicitly casting it down as an automated process (or macro), the point is it allows some specific group to gain a distinct advantage in a fairly major facet of the gameplay compared to the rest of the player base.

A typical refresher does just that, it doesn't alert a player to attacks or other changes. It just refreshes. Which lets be honest, you can pretty much whip up with a few heavy materials on some specific keyboard keys.

tl;dr refreshes that alert to changes a no no [-X.
Support and I have thrown up a few things to curb the use of them though.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Sol wrote:Ok, bug with deceit logs fixed (appeared only affected outbound logs), this was a remnant from the new tourney - quite a few things were changed regarding logs which you will all find out soon.
This has now been Fixed.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”