Quantum FAQ

every way is different ... yet there are some basics :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Quantum FAQ

Nice gesture there Hippy =D> We haven't always seen eye to eye, but any respect you may have lost in my eyes due to that is gained, double time :)
Would have helped with some tips myself, but until I actually start playing again I doubt I'll do that.

Oh boy, would these things be helpful back in the day when I first joined.. Don't know which era it was, was it 2 or 3? Time does fly by.

Back to lurking in my shadows and keeping the miss happy :)

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Neimenljivi wrote:Nice gesture there Hippy =D> We haven't always seen eye to eye, but any respect you may have lost in my eyes due to that is gained, double time :)
Would have helped with some tips myself, but until I actually start playing again I doubt I'll do that.

Oh boy, would these things be helpful back in the day when I first joined.. Don't know which era it was, was it 2 or 3? Time does fly by.

Back to lurking in my shadows and keeping the miss happy :)

~Jack

Cheers. I appreciate that! :D

To anyone wondering why I havn't updated in awhile... I have had an unexpectedly large amount of work the last few weeks so havn't had a chance. But don't wory, updates will eventually be made so keep leaving questions if you can think of 'em!

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

I've decided that, since you don't have time at the moment, I'll do my best at answering questions, well for the next 10 days or so before I leave for pram trip to Greece (yay 1 week of partying :D ).
I don't think many things have changed since I was last around, so I think I'm still more than qualified to do the job.
I only have one request - please post the questions in this thread as I don't really login daily, but I will login to reply once I see a question. As I said this is only for the next 10 (well actually 11) days, after that it's 1 week of Greece for me and then school again. So hopefully in this time Hippy or others can sort out the issues and then find the time to reply to asked questions :)

I do honestly believe more of us, old timers, should help out in this 'help newbies' quest. I also believe that, if other people [especially old timers of course] would be in for it, a history of Quantum should be written (the interesting part I mean - like 12ag and HE 'USS noob' era and stuff like that that's fun to read). If more of you are in for this I'd be more than happy to share my memories and maybe some action behind the scene that rare few know about ;)

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Neimenljivi wrote:I've decided that, since you don't have time at the moment, I'll do my best at answering questions, well for the next 10 days or so before I leave for pram trip to Greece (yay 1 week of partying :D ).
I don't think many things have changed since I was last around, so I think I'm still more than qualified to do the job.
I only have one request - please post the questions in this thread as I don't really login daily, but I will login to reply once I see a question. As I said this is only for the next 10 (well actually 11) days, after that it's 1 week of Greece for me and then school again. So hopefully in this time Hippy or others can sort out the issues and then find the time to reply to asked questions :)

I do honestly believe more of us, old timers, should help out in this 'help newbies' quest. I also believe that, if other people [especially old timers of course] would be in for it, a history of Quantum should be written (the interesting part I mean - like 12ag and HE 'USS noob' era and stuff like that that's fun to read). If more of you are in for this I'd be more than happy to share my memories and maybe some action behind the scene that rare few know about ;)

~Jack

I think we will find that we don't get many (if any) questions until the start of next era.

You may be better off making some of your own questions and posting them :P

Scenester
Forum Regular

Do covert lvls still double your previous covert power?
Because when I went from 34 to 35 I dont think it doubled at all.
Mothership The PukingRainbow
Abhi
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Each covert level increases your power by a factor of square root of 2, so approx 1.414. Therefore, if you upgrade by TWO covert levels, (example from 33 to 35), then it will double the cov power from 33 to 35.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Abhi wrote:Each covert level increases your power by a factor of square root of 2, so approx 1.414. Therefore, if you upgrade by TWO covert levels, (example from 33 to 35), then it will double the cov power from 33 to 35.

Exactly right.

Also note that doubling the amount of spies you have will not double your power, but will add the same as a cov lvl (approx 1.414x more power). In order to double your cov power with spies, you need to train 4x as many.

e.g. if you have 100 power with 10 units then for 200 power you need 40 units.

Jimbo 5.3
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): Jimbo5point3

2 Questions:

1) Is it covert or anti-covert that causes people's army sizes and naq to appear as "????????" ?

2) Is it covert or anti-covert that helps detect and stop sabbotage and spying attempts?

I probably should have asked these questions back when the era began...
Volt
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): Volt

1. Covert

2. Covert
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Jimbo 5.3 wrote:2 Questions:

1) Is it covert or anti-covert that causes people's army sizes and naq to appear as "????????" ?

2) Is it covert or anti-covert that helps detect and stop sabbotage and spying attempts?

I probably should have asked these questions back when the era began...

Volt is absolutely correct...but to add some more detail..

1) If your covert is 3x higher than someone elses they WILL NOT be able to see your naq. If it is 5x higher they WILL NOT be able to see your army size. e.g if you see ??? for both their army and naq then your cov is at least 5x less than theirs.

2) Sabotage is their cov vs your cov. Setting critical realm alert increases your cov by up to 40% (if set to max). e.g if you both have 100 cov and you have critical set then they will need at least 141 cov to sab you.

The ONLY thing Anti-Covert does (other than help your overall rank) is destroy their spies when you attack them. If you have AC units and they have spies and you attack them, you will destroy a % of their spies. The amount of spies you destroy is a set base % of the number of spies they have x how many turns you use (using 15 turns will destroy 15x as many spies as using 1 turn).

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Moved to the new section where this now belongs.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

HippyFool wrote:Is there a way to calculate the top Unit Production (UP)?

I currently do not know a way, as the formulas have changed and no calculaters have been updated.
Hmm, which calculator are you talking about? ^^
HippyFool wrote: Is there a way to calculate the top Techs?

I have found a calc that works. The formula is huge
Is that my formula by any chance? ^^
I remember making that stupid thing.. crazy ass forumla that somehow ended up working

Maybe I'll make another one of those sheets, with updated formulas.. although it wont be much use this wave.. so maybe ill just aim to have it ready and updated for the start of next era.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

S1eepy wrote:
HippyFool wrote:Is there a way to calculate the top Unit Production (UP)?

I currently do not know a way, as the formulas have changed and no calculaters have been updated.
Hmm, which calculator are you talking about? ^^
HippyFool wrote: Is there a way to calculate the top Techs?

I have found a calc that works. The formula is huge
Is that my formula by any chance? ^^
I remember making that stupid thing.. crazy ass forumla that somehow ended up working

Maybe I'll make another one of those sheets, with updated formulas.. although it wont be much use this wave.. so maybe ill just aim to have it ready and updated for the start of next era.

The chances of the calculations being yours are somewhere between high and certain.

:smt064

Return to “Tips and Tricks”