Quantum FAQ

every way is different ... yet there are some basics :)
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Quantum FAQ

Ok everyone, I am starting an FAQ that will hopefuly live on throughout the eras. If there is ANYTHING that you want to know please:

1) Check the existing FAQ for your answer
2) Post your question here and I (or someone else) will answer, and I will add it to the main FAQ.
3) Don't be shy, no question is stupid
4) Post questions/answers if you are an experienced player and think something is missing.

P.S. If you get some useful info from this thread, a simple thanks is always nice :roll:

QUANTUM FAQ

1) How do I stop people sabotaging me?

Sabotage is covert vs covert (Anti-Covert is irrelevent). They need a higher covert than yours to sabotage you. Increasing your covert is the only way to defend against sabotage.

2) What does Anti-Covert actually do?

Anti-Covert is used to destroy other peoples spies. Attacking someone while having an AC power higher than their Covert power will destroy a % of their spies. You will lose 0 Assassins if they have 0 defense, but lose A LOT if they have any defense.

The amount of Attack Turns you use determins how many spies you kill. 1 AT kills the smallest amount while 15 AT kills the largest amount.

3) How do you find out if a player has changed their name?

A player can change their name at any time, however they can NEVER change their ID (without making a new account). To find out an accounts previous name(s), simply go to 'Quantum Legends' (located in the top left hand corner of your quantum screen), scroll to the bottem of the screen, put their ID into the 'Jump to ID' box, and click go.

It will then come up with their name from each era.

4) How do I know what my ID, or someone elses ID is?

There are 2 ways:
1) you can click on their/your name and their ID will be listed on that page (Between name and Commander)
2) Hold your curser over their/your name and see the link at the bottem of your screen that looks like this - 'http://quantumgate.gatewars.com/stats.php?id=14852' - Their ID is the digit at the end after the = ... e.g. mine is 14852.

5) Are the most powerful att/def weapons the best to buy? Why or why not?

This answer varies in different situations and often changes each era, but if some general rules are followed it isn't too hard to always know the best options. Some personal preference is also present when deciding.

The general principle is that the most expensive att/def weapons require the least amount of UU, but the most amount of naq per point of power. Cheaper weapons are the opposite, and the ones in the middle are proportional. I will prove this with some calculations.

Techs and race bonus' are irrelevent in this, and will be ignored in the calculations. Thus, the calculations is very simple: weapon power x amount of weapons = total attack power. Also, obviously, amount of UU = amount of weapons. It comes down to naq vs UU.

Defense Weapons.....Strength.....Cost.....Resulting Attack Power.....UU Required.....Cost (naq)
Weakest (1)............200............10,000..........29,000,000.............145,000.........1,450,000,000
Weapon (2).............3,320.........330,000.........29,000,000.............8,735............2,882,530,120
Weapon (3).............5,300.........914,000.........29,000,000.............5,472............5,001,132,075
Weapon (4).............13,100.......3,280,000.......29,000,000.............2,214............7,261,068,702
Weapon (5).............31,000.......10,028,000.....29,000,000.............935...............9,381,032,258
Weapon (6).............85,000.......33,100,000.....29,000,000.............341.............11,292,941,176
Strongest (7)...........290,000.....160,000,000....29,000,000 ............100.............16,000,000,000

As you can see from the table, you get the SAME attack power from each situation. The difference is that if you buy the strongest weapons you need a small amount (100) units to man it, but you pay the most amount of naq for the power (16,000,000,000 naq). Lower weapon is opposite, needing 145,000 UU, but only costing 1,450,000,000 naq.

So, which one is better?

If there is a wave where there is an insane amount of UU compared to available naq (there was a wave like this) then one of the cheapest weapons would be best as you have lots of spare naq. The opposite is of course true if there is a large amount of naq, and small amount of available UU.

In a relatively standard era like this one (era 27) a few things need to be considered.

1) With ATTACK weapons, if you are going to be attacking active players with defenses, or massing people, you will want the most expensive weapons (minimum UU). But if you are going for raw power, then any of the top 4 can be an option (Do your own calculations).

2) With DEFENSE weapons, any of the 3 most expensive weapons are an option, but you have to remember that if you are massed you will lose A LOT of UU if you use cheaper weps.

So I still can't give an exact answer, it really depends on the likelyhood of you getting massed/availability of UU or naq/ whether you are attacking people with defense or not etc etc

Edit/note: It is also HARDER to mass the top defense weapons, compared to the cheaper ones.

Hopefuly the little table I made helps you decide :)

How many turns (ATs) should I use when farming / massing / MS massing / ACing?

When farming: This wave (era 27), 10 is best (least amount of turns, but you still get 100% of the naq). However, this number often changes between different eras. Using 15 ATs will always get 100% of naq, and generally so will 14/13/12. 11 has been the best to use in most recent waves. The best way to tell is simply to test how small an amount of turns you can use and still get 100% of naq at the start of each era.

When massing: You use 15 ATs when massing. Damage is proportional to how many ATs you use, therefore 15 is the fastest way.

When MS massing: Use 1 AT only when MS massing as you do the same amount of damage whether you use 15 or 1.

When ACing: Same as when massing, the amount of AC units you kill is proportional to how many turns you use. Thus, 15 is best/fastest.

Is there a way to calculate the top Unit Production (UP)?

I currently do not know a way, as the formulas have changed and no calculaters have been updated. The best advice I can give is that you find the top 5 or so army sizes and spy each of them, as one of them probably has the top, or very close to the top UP.

I will keep searching for a calc and update this when I find one.

Is there a way to calculate the top Techs?

I have found a calc that works. The formula is huge so you need to either:
1) ask me to calculate it for you.
2) Get the calc/spreadsheet from me.

I can be contacted @ paddy_pan@hotmail.com or via forums PM or Quantum PM.

Can I work out how much my stats will increase from techs, before buying techs?

Yes, with all techs except covert/AC, because that formula is all messed up. With att/def/MS you simply:

Take your stats, e.g. attack of 1,000,000, divide it by your current tech (+100), e.g. tech of 1000 (+100), and then times it by the tech you want (+100), e.g. tech of 1500 (+100).

1,000,000 / 1100 = 909.09 x 1600 = 1,454,545.46

So adding 500 techs will take your attack from 1,000,000 to 1,454,545.46

When does the market close?

The market closes 5 days (120 hours remaining) before the end. So make sure you use your last weekly bonus before it closes each era!

Which race is the best?

Tough question which can change from era to era.

If you are not playing for rank, but instead want to mass lots of people, then there is no doubt that tauri is the best. Tauri is the worst for getting a good rank though. Only 1 person has ever won as a tauri, and they cheated the whole wave!

Since probably era 23, replicator has been the best race to be if you are trying to win/get a high rank. Before era 23 goauld was generally best for winning as personal income was proportionally bigger than what you could farm.

So currently (era 27) replicator is best for rank. Tauri and asgard are probably equal second for getting rank, and goauld would be worst.

Repli is best because the formula for cov/AC has changed and having a higher amount of spies/assassins is no where near as powerful as having higher cov/AC lvls. As the repli bonus acts like an extra cov and AC lvl, its bonus is far better than any of the other races.

I am going to regret this post when every player next wave is repli ](*,)
Last edited by HippyFool on Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 10 times in total.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Abhi
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

Re: Quantum FAQ

Thanks, this was also quite useful.

One point I would like to make:

Hippy wrote:2) What does Anti-Covert actually do?

Anti-Covert is used to destroy other peoples spies. Attacking someone while having an AC power higher than their Covert power will destroy a % of their spies. You will lose 0 Assassins if they have 0 defense, but lose A LOT if they have any defense.

The amount of Attack Turns you use determins how many spies you kill. 1 AT kills the smallest amount while 15 AT kills the largest amount.

Regarding this, I was wondering if this is still true. In the beginning of the wave, this was more true, any defense at all and I would lose quite a few percent of AC in a farming attack. BUT, nowadays, this doesn't seem to be true for the most part. I have attacked recently people with defenses almost 80-95% of my raw attack (My MS does give me an advantage most of the time) and yet I lose at the most a couple hundred AC. Compared to the cost of untraining and retraining them, it seems to be quite the good trade-off. This is all while farming with 10 ATs/attack.

Can you explain also, why farming works with 10 ATs and when you need 15?
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

HE actually was the first to realize it was 10 attack turns that i know of... a few eras ago. but you have to declare war on the person in order to get full naq.

You need to use 10 Attack turns to farm ... and 15 to mass and AC.

The more turns you send up to 15... The more damage that is done to their defense. As when you are massing you want to do the most damage possible as fast as you can. As for AC... you need to use 15 Attack turns once their defense is gone...

the best way to mass is to untrain all AC.
use 1 Att turn to mass down MS
Once MS is down then use large strike to mass defense (15 turn attacks)(the bigger the strike the faster the mass to save turns)
Once defense is down then train AC units and practice 1 Attack turns attacks ... training more AC til you notice your killing spies... Once you realize your killing spies then go to 15 turn attacks... and continue until you have spies at a minimum...
then sab strike with least amount of spies possible to be successful

It doesnt help to send more AC units then needed... the amount of spies you kill will vary depending on how many the person has trained

Many people will AC through defense... but its costly to the person. AS they will lose AC units as they are massing depending on the number trained.

The ideal way is to have a team effort and have different people with different tools. 1- huge MS, 1- huge strike, 1-huge AC, and 1- huge covert

then you have a minimum loss of turns a piece and not much naq is needed per person
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
Abhi
Forum Irregular

Isn't it true though that the min number of spies sent doesnt mean you are doing the most damage possible? In my experience, the more spies you send, the more weps you destroy up until some limit (based on the number of weps the other person has)

And I am wondering if the same is true for AC. Will a higher AC power destroy someones Cov faster than a lower AC. eg: Will person A with AC power of 1000 finish person C (with Cov power of 100) faster than person B with AC power of 500?
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

I am not 100% sure ... There was one wave where covert worked like that but I am almost positive that it doesn't matter... If you can sab a guy with 100 spies but u decide to send 10000 I think you kill same amount.

Same as AC. If you killing spies with 100 AC units then you send 10000 it should be same. Just cost more to train and untrain. AC is not much use unless your trying to kill spies. In my opinion I think u should train 16 AC units and then train more if your trying to AC someone or wait til end for rank.

Hippy answer this post later and straighten up the uncertainty
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
bebita
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Familly
Race: brothers

in sabs numbers count
in a succes sab the power remaining is sent to destroy weps but only between 2-5% of them is write somewhere there in admin updates the numbers
in early stage of q where spy numbers is very low no weps are affected because of numbers
and about ac is enought to send spy power + 1 to kill spy
numbers doesn't count
the calculations of sab are heavy but is better just to send spy and see if it counts :p
Spoiler
Tziki wrote:
Bebita a known Spy from the server war, who joined TO under false pretences yet again has a filthy trick up his sleave. In fact it appears the Filth up his sleave is DDE and Mayhem. When confronted about them supporting Bebita and Rob3rt (as there were suspicions as to be a tiny account got his MS and Naq / Turns etc) neither deny their involved behind the scenes but instead hint towards it being a coincidence.
R8 wrote:the shock of seeing bebita in my attack logs after so long was too much to handle so I had to hit vac mode to try and recover for a few days

catch ya later :D
EnVy!
Forum Irregular

well thanks bebita :smt047
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Abhi wrote:Thanks, this was also quite useful.

One point I would like to make:

Hippy wrote:2) What does Anti-Covert actually do?

Regarding this, I was wondering if this is still true. In the beginning of the wave, this was more true, any defense at all and I would lose quite a few percent of AC in a farming attack. BUT, nowadays, this doesn't seem to be true for the most part. I have attacked recently people with defenses almost 80-95% of my raw attack (My MS does give me an advantage most of the time) and yet I lose at the most a couple hundred AC. Compared to the cost of untraining and retraining them, it seems to be quite the good trade-off. This is all while farming with 10 ATs/attack.

Can you explain also, why farming works with 10 ATs and when you need 15?

I am pretty sure that people not losing AC units is some sort of bug.

I have answered your question about turns above :)

Abhi wrote:Isn't it true though that the min number of spies sent doesnt mean you are doing the most damage possible? In my experience, the more spies you send, the more weps you destroy up until some limit (based on the number of weps the other person has)

And I am wondering if the same is true for AC. Will a higher AC power destroy someones Cov faster than a lower AC. eg: Will person A with AC power of 1000 finish person C (with Cov power of 100) faster than person B with AC power of 500?

Yes I believe that more spies = more damage, to a max of 5% I think. However I am pretty sure that covert numbers are so big compared to weapon power that it is irrelivent this wave. I will do some testing and get back to you.

Higher AC does nothing when killing spies. Their cov+1 or their cov+1million in AC will do the same thing.

Abhi
Forum Irregular

Also, how do you calculate the top UP? And is there a way to calculate top Techs?
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Abhi wrote:Also, how do you calculate the top UP? And is there a way to calculate top Techs?

There have previously been calculators that could calculate both, although I believe the formulas have changed since then.

I have been a bit busy the last few days so havn't had a time to work it out, but it is on my list of things to do and I will let you know when I do!

:D :smt117

Abhi
Forum Irregular

Thanks!
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Updated.

EnVy!
Forum Irregular

1. what percent of defense do you need in attack to mass someone? I know you can mass with a smaller strike it just takes longer but i dont know the percent it takes to do damage. around half i think... lol. i would guess 60%. anyhow thats another question

2. what day does market close? market doesn't stay open til end it closes around 5 days vefore but unsure exactly when. that way everyone gets to use their last SS bonus atleast.

3. you could tell them how the recruitment link works but its worthless because we start with such high UP's now. maybe if they had some type of old school wave it may help

4. which race is the best??? question of the year i think. not sure myself i am guessing depends on what you like? do you like to mass? or stat build or sab? idk

5. how to get to admin meeting? and what its for?

6. how to sab out someone ? or phase them ?

7. how to calculate covert and anti covert? there comes a time closer til end when each player must decide to either buy the next covert/anticovert level or use naq on techs. which one is more effective.

8. how to avoid being massed? if being massed ... what can they do to stop them or make it harder?
NOBODY IS PERFECT...
I'M NOBODY
HippyFool
Forum Elder

EnVy! wrote:1. what percent of defense do you need in attack to mass someone? I know you can mass with a smaller strike it just takes longer but i dont know the percent it takes to do damage. around half i think... lol. i would guess 60%. anyhow thats another question

2. what day does market close? market doesn't stay open til end it closes around 5 days vefore but unsure exactly when. that way everyone gets to use their last SS bonus atleast.

3. you could tell them how the recruitment link works but its worthless because we start with such high UP's now. maybe if they had some type of old school wave it may help

4. which race is the best??? question of the year i think. not sure myself i am guessing depends on what you like? do you like to mass? or stat build or sab? idk

5. how to get to admin meeting? and what its for?

6. how to sab out someone ? or phase them ?

7. how to calculate covert and anti covert? there comes a time closer til end when each player must decide to either buy the next covert/anticovert level or use naq on techs. which one is more effective.

8. how to avoid being massed? if being massed ... what can they do to stop them or make it harder?

Great questions. Q2 and 4 have been answered.

I am not sure about the exact percent for Q1, perhaps someone else knows?

Q5... I have never been to an admin meeting lol. Could someone else post how to get to one and why they are good?

Answers to Q6,7,8 coming soon :)

Abhi
Forum Irregular

Thanks for the update Hippy.

Any advice on how to proceed now that we are about to finish the wave? When to hoard turns and when to burn them?

Return to “Tips and Tricks”