Power Up Suggestion

Suggest any improvements
GameSquire
Forum Addict
Race: The Canadian Tollan
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): StarGateMan

Re: Power Up Suggestion

meatman wrote:So you would all be happy with having unit production or planet defences or upgrades all only increase by one because you can just hold enter?

Really don't see why you think this is a bad/unnecessary upgrade. REALLY easy to implement, and would make the game vastly less boring for all.

I still find it necessary to added this upgrade in there, although there is ways to help make these 1 by 1 power-ups quicker like the "Click and hold Enter" trick. But I think there's nothing quicker than punching a number in a field and press upgrade, giving us more time to whack somebody on the server.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

"Keeping the same browser version" would fall under 'bad information security management on the end user side'. I am sure you have heard the term 'exploits' before? As in the thing they fix when they update your browser? Why keep around a flawed and holey browser when you can just as easily upgrade? This isn't the responsibility of the Game Administration, but a basic responsibility for the end user. It baffles me how you (in general) keep confusing that.
Also "I didn't know you could do that"? So because you are uninformed, admin should go edit his game? :o I must have misinterpreted you.
GameSquire wrote:
NanoBite wrote:
Juliette wrote:I.e. click button. Hold <ENTER>. Aim precisely. Problem solved.

That doesnt work in all version of FF and IE though.
And with slow connections, the data doenst get sent, you need to wait till the page load starts ;)

Otherwise, that is the way to go yeah :P
:-k I didn't even know you could do that, but even then, if you want to keep your current version of FireFox, Internet Explorer or what ever Internet Browser your using and it doesn't have this function, it still may be a good idea to have this number field update.

So because you (again, in general) have bad aim, admin should change around a potentially VERY vulnerable element of the game's code? (As a php-expert, you realise of course that throwing code around in the submission forms is a hacking soft-spot.)
GameSquire wrote:And secondly you can't visually see how many upgrades you've done right away by using this "Hold Enter" Function, so when your done, and see that you've done a few more upgrades than you initially wanted, you can not take those upgrades you didn't want to apply back and put them elsewhere that you've wanted to begin with.
*sigh* Now where's the fun in that? Then you will want admin to create a calculator on that page to help you with the "oh-so-difficult" calculations so you don't spend too much of your DMU. While you're at it, why not ask for a "farm"-button? Going through the ranking hitting your farms until you're out of turns.. :)
GameSquire wrote:EDIT: Also entering a large number in a field and press the upgrade button will still be quicker than the "Hold Enter" function for a large amount of upgrades

Ah yes, the old "It's in Main so why not in Ascended"-argument. Ascended's code is a little (read: a lot) different from Main. Changing unnecessary things in the submission forms takes time, testing and thorough checking. It is no mere trifle, as you (again, in general) seem to think. ;)
meatman wrote:So you would all be happy with having unit production or planet defences or upgrades all only increase by one because you can just hold enter?

Really don't see why you think this is a bad/unnecessary upgrade. REALLY easy to implement, and would make the game vastly less boring for all.
meatman
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE

[spoiler]
Juliette wrote:"Keeping the same browser version" would fall under 'bad information security management on the end user side'. I am sure you have heard the term 'exploits' before? As in the thing they fix when they update your browser? Why keep around a flawed and holey browser when you can just as easily upgrade? This isn't the responsibility of the Game Administration, but a basic responsibility for the end user. It baffles me how you (in general) keep confusing that.
Also "I didn't know you could do that"? So because you are uninformed, admin should go edit his game? :o I must have misinterpreted you.
GameSquire wrote:
NanoBite wrote:
Juliette wrote:I.e. click button. Hold <ENTER>. Aim precisely. Problem solved.

That doesnt work in all version of FF and IE though.
And with slow connections, the data doenst get sent, you need to wait till the page load starts ;)

Otherwise, that is the way to go yeah :P
:-k I didn't even know you could do that, but even then, if you want to keep your current version of FireFox, Internet Explorer or what ever Internet Browser your using and it doesn't have this function, it still may be a good idea to have this number field update.

So because you (again, in general) have bad aim, admin should change around a potentially VERY vulnerable element of the game's code? (As a php-expert, you realise of course that throwing code around in the submission forms is a hacking soft-spot.)
GameSquire wrote:And secondly you can't visually see how many upgrades you've done right away by using this "Hold Enter" Function, so when your done, and see that you've done a few more upgrades than you initially wanted, you can not take those upgrades you didn't want to apply back and put them elsewhere that you've wanted to begin with.
*sigh* Now where's the fun in that? Then you will want admin to create a calculator on that page to help you with the "oh-so-difficult" calculations so you don't spend too much of your DMU. While you're at it, why not ask for a "farm"-button? Going through the ranking hitting your farms until you're out of turns.. :)
GameSquire wrote:EDIT: Also entering a large number in a field and press the upgrade button will still be quicker than the "Hold Enter" function for a large amount of upgrades

Ah yes, the old "It's in Main so why not in Ascended"-argument. Ascended's code is a little (read: a lot) different from Main. Changing unnecessary things in the submission forms takes time, testing and thorough checking. It is no mere trifle, as you (again, in general) seem to think. ;)

[/spoiler]

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed? How did you go from not getting RSI from clicking so much, to making a farm button?

We're just trying to suggest a minor feature that will help make ascended less daunting (and boring, IMO) to new and current players, and you are appearing very aggressive and hostile over it.

Just because you can hold enter for 20 minutes (on some browsers) rather then clicking 800 times, doesn't make it a much more viable option. Why should I change the browser I like using just so I can hold enter for 20 minutes because we're "uninformed" with "bad aim".

And for the record, how is "It's in Main so why not in Ascended"-argument in effect here? There is the "buy fleets" option under cosmic development, so it is already in other areas of Ascended.
MSN: Meatman_matt@hotmail.co.uk

Be willing to take a stand, to take a terrible risk to do something truly admirable. To overcome the instinct of self preservation. To fight our fears.... And win.
To discover that we are not just merely a bundle of reflexes and conditioned responses, but we are thinking beings, able to chose the right over the easy, and justice over safety.
Stand up. Stand up! The time has come!
GameSquire
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:"Keeping the same browser version" would fall under 'bad information security management on the end user side'. I am sure you have heard the term 'exploits' before? As in the thing they fix when they update your browser? Why keep around a flawed and holey browser when you can just as easily upgrade?

Firstly always invest into programs like McAfee and Norton for protection, that way you don't need to upgrade web browsers everytime just for their protection, and besides that why do you need to upgrade (besides protection) just for small adjustments like the holding Enter feature. You probably can get small features like holding enter as Add-Ons for your browser. Now no I am not saying you shouldn't upgrade your browser at all, it still should be something everyone should do. But upgrading just for an simple Feat that helps things go quicker, but still takes time out of your hands to finish, Would you rather spend that time Raiding DMU off other players instead? that way you can convert that DMU for even MORE upgrades.

Long story short here, this minor update will, get you more time on your hands period, and there is no need for needless upgrading/new add-ons just for a simple feat for your browser to mimic something similar to the small update we like to see. I don't see why we should fight over this small but useful update.
>>>~~OutLaw~~~>
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): You all know me, just figure it out...

Well i've just ascended for the first time again..(sold TUK about a month ago)
and i got access to ascended server..

many new players probably dont know that holding enter helps and they dont want to click every damn power up for 500 times..

i've been clicking now for 1 hour and have got most power ups to lvl 100(some to 200..) and if there would be a multiplayer it could be done within 10 minutes easily :)
Frozen Flame is bak ^^
GameSquire
Forum Addict

>>>~~OutLaw~~~> wrote:Well i've just ascended for the first time again..(sold TUK about a month ago)
and i got access to ascended server..

many new players probably dont know that holding enter helps and they dont want to click every damn power up for 500 times..

i've been clicking now for 1 hour and have got most power ups to lvl 100(some to 200..) and if there would be a multiplayer it could be done within 10 minutes easily :)

I'm not quite getting you about using the multiplayer aspect about the powerups, how can you use 'multiplayer' to upgrade your powerups quicker? I know you did said 'if there would be', therefore it isn't there, but how you've said it is whats making it kinda unclear.
>>>~~OutLaw~~~>
Forum Newbie

i have slow internet so before it loads each page it takes some time..
so with enter button and left mouse button i needed more then 1 hour to get all power ups to lvl 100..
if there would be multiplayer window, you could just put in 100 and see how much LF chache you have left.. then put another 100 and so on..

it would save alot of time..

i just told the same thing it was told before when this topic started..
would be really nice to get this multiplayer onto ascended..
Frozen Flame is bak ^^
GameSquire
Forum Addict

>>>~~OutLaw~~~> wrote:i have slow internet so before it loads each page it takes some time..
so with enter button and left mouse button i needed more then 1 hour to get all power ups to lvl 100..
if there would be multiplayer window, you could just put in 100 and see how much LF chache you have left.. then put another 100 and so on..

it would save alot of time..

i just told the same thing it was told before when this topic started..
would be really nice to get this multiplayer onto ascended..

I think I know what you mean, you mean a number field, like you find in the Armory or Training page, but instead its for the powerup page in the Ascended server.

I have dial-up , I was a little quicker when I use the Click+Enter trick, but still slow.
>>>~~OutLaw~~~>
Forum Newbie

Exactly that ;)
yeah click + enter works fastest, but ascended server is making alot of truble for me, since it keeps freezing and i need to delete cookies every 5minutes and relogin again to click some more..
so this window to place number x power up would be alot better.
Frozen Flame is bak ^^
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

suggestion has been suggested to admin multiple times anyway, so as far as i know he is in the process of doing it.
GameSquire
Forum Addict

>>>~~OutLaw~~~> wrote:Exactly that ;)
yeah click + enter works fastest, but ascended server is making alot of truble for me, since it keeps freezing and i need to delete cookies every 5minutes and relogin again to click some more..
so this window to place number x power up would be alot better.

K, I got ya now, Before I asked this suggestion, I didn't knew about the click+enter.
Once I knew that, it still was slow for me still, although it was some what quicker. If there were those number fields there, I would be having tons for time to.

stuff of legends wrote:suggestion has been suggested to admin multiple times anyway, so as far as i know he is in the process of doing it.

Sure hopes so :D
>>>~~OutLaw~~~>
Forum Newbie

Yeah SoL i know, and i hope this get sorted out asap couse many new players dont even bother with ascended since it requires so much clicking + you start there with like 3 units and 2 UP, so its nothing..
i luckly bought enaugh mercs to get 2b LF chache to build transform some back to DMU to build some UP and some left in LF chache to build up lvls..
there should be atleast like 1m units at beggining, so you can atleast farm others (with that 5x smaller or bigger size rule)

Frozen Flame,
~looking forward for this update
Frozen Flame is bak ^^
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

his code is an apparent mess which is why he is having trouble doing it, which i believe :smt021
GameSquire
Forum Addict

stuff of legends wrote:his code is an apparent mess which is why he is having trouble doing it, which i believe :smt021

I wasn't in a rush begin with for this reason, I've mess around with the HTML part of a Wordpress blog and it's freaking complicated, I know games like this may have different coding but still I could imagine that it's an headache.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

GameSquire wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:his code is an apparent mess which is why he is having trouble doing it, which i believe :smt021

I wasn't in a rush begin with for this reason, I've mess around with the HTML part of a Wordpress blog and it's freaking complicated, I know games like this may have different coding but still I could imagine that it's an headache.

This is hardly html mate, php and SQL ftw.

Return to “Suggestions”