Power Up Suggestion

Suggest any improvements
GameSquire
Forum Addict
Race: The Canadian Tollan
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): StarGateMan

Power Up Suggestion

What I really didn't like about the Power Up page is that you have to upgrade everything by 1. What I like to see that you can type a number in a field then click on an "Upgrade Now" button, something like you do in the armory page.
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Re: Power Up Suggestion

Would make upgrading levels easier although using a browser like firefox and holding down enter has a similar effect.

Considering the huge flaws of ascended an aesthetic update wouldn't mean much, especially to the bigger accounts who can only afford one level at a time *cough* Colos *cough*

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
GameSquire
Forum Addict

Dmonix wrote:Would make upgrading levels easier although using a browser like firefox and holding down enter has a similar effect.

Considering the huge flaws of ascended an aesthetic update wouldn't mean much, especially to the bigger accounts who can only afford one level at a time *cough* Colos *cough*

I was kinda looking towards smaller accounts, because when I started and found out about the "Convert Your Ascended Power Points (AP)into Life Force" thing in the market place, I was liberally in the PowerUp page for around a couple of hours, even then I didn't even finish spending all the Ascended Life Force Cache yet. If I had that kind of update begin with, I probably been there around 10 to 20 min or so, maybe less.

Long story short, it would be a time saver :smt047
meatman
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE

GameSquire wrote:
Dmonix wrote:Would make upgrading levels easier although using a browser like firefox and holding down enter has a similar effect.

I was kinda looking towards smaller accounts, because when I started and found out about the "Convert Your Ascended Power Points (AP)into Life Force" thing in the market place, I was liberally in the PowerUp page for around a couple of hours, even then I didn't even finish spending all the Ascended Life Force Cache yet. If I had that kind of update begin with, I probably been there around 10 to 20 min or so, maybe less.

Long story short, it would be a time saver :smt047

This. One of the main things that put me off ascended when I started :P
We have a similar function for unit production in main, how hard could it be to implement it in ascended?

Also, yes I'm reviving a mostly dead topic, but I really think this will help.
MSN: Meatman_matt@hotmail.co.uk

Be willing to take a stand, to take a terrible risk to do something truly admirable. To overcome the instinct of self preservation. To fight our fears.... And win.
To discover that we are not just merely a bundle of reflexes and conditioned responses, but we are thinking beings, able to chose the right over the easy, and justice over safety.
Stand up. Stand up! The time has come!
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Yes please
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
noone
Forum Elite
Alliance: none
Race: gone
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

Weird, in several browsers I was always able to click the upgrade button realy quick and that would work too :\ havent checked it for a while, did it change ?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

NanoBite wrote:Weird, in several browsers I was always able to click the upgrade button realy quick and that would work too :\ havent checked it for a while, did it change ?
Apparently clicking quickly 900 times in a row a few times over is too much for these youngsters. ;) Then again.. it is HUGELY different from Facebook games, where one boring, pointless click is enough to win the entire game.. *grin*
noone
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): Nostradamus,Nostra,NanoBite,Drought,Darkwing Duck,Duck Dodgers,Medusa,Star Nova,System Mistress,*The Exile,ingolfúr,Belle,Lagertha.

:smt043

Wanna bet, that when someone has this added, the next thing they will need is a calculator to estimate how much they need to fill in.
GameSquire
Forum Addict

NanoBite wrote:Weird, in several browsers I was always able to click the upgrade button realy quick and that would work too :\ havent checked it for a while, did it change ?

In a way it does help having multiple tabs on a browser and click the upgrade button in all these tabs, but when you have dial-up like I do, it loads really really REALLY slow when you do that, it may be quicker just do them 1 at a time.

So when you click like 500 times in multiple tabs/windows/browsers or not, it'll take awhile, but if you type 500 in a field and click upgrade, it just takes less than a half a minute to do instead siting there for an entire hour there almost falling asleep.
noone
Forum Elite

GameSquire wrote:

In a way it does help having multiple tabs on a browser and click the upgrade button in all these tabs, but when you have dial-up like I do, it loads really really REALLY slow when you do that, it may be quicker just do them 1 at a time.

So when you click like 500 times in multiple tabs/windows/browsers or not, it'll take awhile, but if you type 500 in a field and click upgrade, it just takes less than a half a minute to do instead siting there for an entire hour there almost falling asleep.

I always used the 'status bar' from browser to indicate when I could click again if my speed was slow due to whatever.

Enable statusbar view. When you click a button or a link, you always see the progress bar right ? right before you see the progress bar turn white before it fills ( completes from left to right, indicating page load) at that point click again ;) and again, and again.
This should prevent you from openeing unneeded tabs, even with dial up.

EDIT:
because, the page doesnt realy need to be loaded, only the assignment sent to the server, as soon as the page starts loading, which takes longest, it has already processed your request. So you can sent another ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I.e. click button. Hold <ENTER>. Aim precisely. Problem solved.
noone
Forum Elite

Juliette wrote:I.e. click button. Hold <ENTER>. Aim precisely. Problem solved.

That doesnt work in all version of FF and IE though.
And with slow connections, the data doenst get sent, you need to wait till the page load starts ;)

Otherwise, that is the way to go yeah :P
GameSquire
Forum Addict

NanoBite wrote:
Juliette wrote:I.e. click button. Hold <ENTER>. Aim precisely. Problem solved.

That doesnt work in all version of FF and IE though.
And with slow connections, the data doenst get sent, you need to wait till the page load starts ;)

Otherwise, that is the way to go yeah :P

:-k I didn't even know you could do that, but even then, if you want to keep your current version of FireFox, Internet Explorer or what ever Internet Browser your using and it doesn't have this function, it still may be a good idea to have this number field update.

And secondly you can't visually see how many upgrades you've done right away by using this "Hold Enter" Function, so when your done, and see that you've done a few more upgrades than you initially wanted, you can not take those upgrades you didn't want to apply back and put them elsewhere that you've wanted to begin with.

EDIT: Also entering a large number in a field and press the upgrade button will still be quicker than the "Hold Enter" function for a large amount of upgrades
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Opera>Opera turbo>Tab until power up is selected then keep enter till server has enough and kicks you off

But I like being lazy
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
meatman
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE

So you would all be happy with having unit production or planet defences or upgrades all only increase by one because you can just hold enter?

Really don't see why you think this is a bad/unnecessary upgrade. REALLY easy to implement, and would make the game vastly less boring for all.
MSN: Meatman_matt@hotmail.co.uk

Be willing to take a stand, to take a terrible risk to do something truly admirable. To overcome the instinct of self preservation. To fight our fears.... And win.
To discover that we are not just merely a bundle of reflexes and conditioned responses, but we are thinking beings, able to chose the right over the easy, and justice over safety.
Stand up. Stand up! The time has come!

Return to “Suggestions”